Author Topic: Last Day Before Election: Most Major Polls Have Hillary Clinton Winning  (Read 52862 times)

Offline sinkspur

Re: Last Day Before Election: Most Major Polls Have Hillary Clinton Winning
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2016, 07:15:26 pm »
Don't believe the polls. It's more important this election than at any other time. We have solid evidence that the media has been in collusion with the Democrats. Polling companies work for media organizations. Give the client what they want.

Don't believe the polls. Get out and vote, preferably for Donald Trump.

Yeah.  That's why all the polls predicted Trump victories in the primaries.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Oceander

« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2016, 07:17:10 pm »
I noticed most of your more determined NeverTrump friends have for the most part stopped posting NeverTrump stuff.

Perhaps they don't want to be seen as delighting in a Clinton victory.

I'd say thats pretty smart of them.

I've stopped posting for the sake of keeping the peace.  Please don't make me regret that decision.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2016, 07:17:19 pm »
I noticed most of your more determined NeverTrump friends have for the most part stopped posting NeverTrump stuff.

Perhaps they don't want to be seen as delighting in a Clinton victory.

I'd say thats pretty smart of them.

Some have to put on a brave face in the 'face'  of coming humiliation. Others went away to get a head start on putting distance between their many propagandistic and lying comments, and the memory of them in the minds of NeverTrumpers.

AKA They think we'll let bygones be bygones once a little distance/time elapses.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2016, 07:18:26 pm »
I've stopped posting for the sake of keeping the peace.  Please don't make me regret that decision.

There can be no peace with people that want you hunted down with dogs.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2016, 07:18:28 pm »

Yes media pimps wanted Trump ...in the primaries. They thought they could easily help the Democrats to vanquish the Republican nominee. They were wrong then, and they're wrong now.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2016, 07:18:36 pm »
That's where we disagree.   Sure things would have looked much different, but the end result, IMHO, would have been the same.

I don't believe that.  This country was ripe for a change.  A sane candidate with a competent campaign and a GOTV apparatus could have beaten Hillary.  They could have taken advantage of all the email stuff, which Trump didn't get around to until the last two weeks.  He spent most of the campaign going after a Mexican-American judge, a Gold Star family, a Miss Universe winner, fending off sexual assault allegations, and his never-ending tweets.

Hopefully, Republicans have learned a lesson but I'll believe it when I see it.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2016, 07:19:57 pm »
I don't believe that.  This country was ripe for a change.  A sane candidate with a competent campaign and a GOTV apparatus could have beaten Hillary.  They could have taken advantage of all the email stuff, which Trump didn't get around to until the last two weeks.  He spent most of the campaign going after a Mexican-American judge, a Gold Star family, a Miss Universe winner, fending off sexual assault allegations, and his never-ending tweets.

For all of their faults,  the fact is that the Clintons have NEVER lost an election.  With the possible exception of Hillary losing the nomination to Obama, and that was only because Obama was the new Golden Child.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2016, 07:20:57 pm »
Yes media pimps wanted Trump ...in the primaries. They thought they could easily help the Democrats to vanquish the Republican nominee. They were wrong then, and they're wrong now.

Uh-huh.  The media skewed polls so that Trump would win primaries (which he did, just as the polls predicted) so they could set him up in the general. 

The polls were right then, and they're right now.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2016, 07:22:22 pm »

They did. In two elections running, they learned that there is no candidate so liberal that the right will not vote for them. Expect to see AlGore run as a Republican against Hillary in 20 and expect the same Trump fanatics to tell us that he's a conservative that we have to vote for no matter what.

No, I'm not remotely kidding. In my post mortem in 12 on FR I said that in 16, the GOP would run a guy far to the left of Romney and lose.

Here we are.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2016, 07:23:54 pm »

Do you think a guy like Romney would have gone after Hillary on those things?  The media can make anyone they want look like Hitler, if they want to.

Now, for what it's worth,  of all of the GOP Candidates, I wanted Walker the most.  But imagine what the media would have done to him.  And again, he didn't seem to me to be the kind of guy who would have wanted to get into the mud with Hillary. 

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2016, 07:28:56 pm »
That's where we disagree.   Sure things would have looked much different, but the end result, IMHO, would have been the same.

I am amazed that there are those who think otherwise.   It didn't matter who we picked,  they would have been sent through the New York Liberal Media meat grinder.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline skeeter

« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2016, 07:31:24 pm »

I'm not sure what I could say that would have that effect, unless complimenting you on your wisdom would put you off.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2016, 07:32:10 pm »
Some have to put on a brave face in the 'face'  of coming humiliation. Others went away to get a head start on putting distance between their many propagandistic and lying comments, and the memory of them in the minds of NeverTrumpers.

AKA They think we'll let bygones be bygones once a little distance/time elapses.

I will remember you people as having stood with the enemy and having lent the enemy aid and comfort.   

Regardless of who wins.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline skeeter

« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2016, 07:32:25 pm »

If we had had almost any other  candidate, we could have beaten Hillary, easily.

Well you got that right, IMO.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2016, 07:34:59 pm »

I will remember you people as having stood with the enemy and having lent the enemy aid and comfort.   

Regardless of who wins.

We already know you consider principled conservatives and constitutional government the enemy. What you need to realize is that the next time you run a liberal, we will again be there to stop you.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2016, 07:35:26 pm »
Do you think a guy like Romney would have gone after Hillary on those things?  The media can make anyone they want look like Hitler, if they want to.

Now, for what it's worth,  of all of the GOP Candidates, I wanted Walker the most.  But imagine what the media would have done to him.  And again, he didn't seem to me to be the kind of guy who would have wanted to get into the mud with Hillary.

I wanted Walker.   I wouldn't have minded Perry.   Cruz was who I ended up supporting,   and now I have to settle for Trump.   

But yes,  the media would have hammered anyone we picked,  and I still do not understand why all of our discussions are not focused on eradicating liberal control of the media. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2016, 07:35:54 pm »
The media can make anyone they want look like Hitler, if they want to.

Can't really argue with that.  And if it isn't making them look like Hitler, the media would find something else and pound it 24/7.  I thought Rubio might be our strongest candidate, but they likely have been bombarding him with "baby with a pacifier" meme, and lauding the value of experience.

But I do think he'd have had a better shot than Trump.  Although he might have lost out on some of those working class votes.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2016, 07:35:59 pm »

I know this may surprise some of you, but in the very beginning I flirted with supporting Ted Cruz or
Scott Walker. Had nice things to say about both of them, and Ben Carson for that matter.

But Donald Trump Won. Now it's up to us, Republicans, to keep the Democrats out of the White House. If not us, then whom?

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2016, 07:38:08 pm »
I'm not taking any chances.

My goal has been to defeat Trump, who would have been a never-ending embarrassment to America.  That Hillary benefits is the fault of the 11 million who voted for Trump in the primaries.

If we had had almost any other  candidate, we could have beaten Hillary, easily.

The Tickets we could have had: Imagine the Possibilities.

Rubio / Fiorina
Walker  / Jindal
Cruz / Rubio
Walker / Walker

Or any of a number of combinations.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2016, 07:39:01 pm »
Well you got that right, IMO.

That is nonsense.   I doubt any other candidate could have done as well as has Trump.   Cruz would have been portrayed as the second coming of Toquemada. 

Rubio would have been portrayed as a silly inexperienced little boy.   

Nobody we could have picked has the media skills necessary to successfully push back against the dominant media narrative.   

People here are underestimating the media's power to make anyone look evil or foolish,  and over estimating their preferred candidates ability to deal with the media. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2016, 07:39:04 pm »
I know this may surprise some of you, but in the very beginning I flirted with supporting Ted Cruz or
Scott Walker. Had nice things to say about both of them, and Ben Carson for that matter.

But Donald Trump Won. Now it's up to us, Republicans, to keep the Democrats out of the White House. If not us, then whom?

Not with a liberal. That is no win. It's the definition of abandoning principle.

Vote for conservatives next time. Or lose 3 presidential elections in a row. Your call. But you should know by now you WON'T win without us. So you can either win on our terms...constitutional conservatism, or stay in the wilderness. Your call. We arent budging.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2016, 07:42:26 pm »

You think Trump has gotten into the mud with Hillary?  He's trashed Paul Ryan more than he's trashed Hillary.

He's trashed women and Mexicans and Muslims more than he's trashed Hillary.

This man had the Clintons to his wedding, he donated to their Foundation and talked to Bill Clinton immediately before entering the race.  All his outrage over Hillary is phony posturing.  It's part of his con.  He wants you to think he hates them.  He doesn't.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2016, 07:46:12 pm »
We already know you consider principled conservatives and constitutional government the enemy.

I don't consider you principled conservatives,  I consider you irrational fanatics.   Principled conservatives,  having not gotten their preferred candidate would have made their feelings known,  and then shut the F*** up about it, not work to undermine the candidate the rest of their party had selected.   

I didn't like Romney,   but I didn't spend the months leading up to the election bitching about him and trying to sabotage his election.   

What you need to realize is that the next time you run a liberal, we will again be there to stop you.

What you need to realize is that we may not survive this psychotic hate witch,   and if my children suffer because of your stupid behavior,  I will be hoping that you and yours get a double measure. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2016, 07:47:51 pm »

That is nonsense.   I doubt any other candidate could have done as well as has Trump.   Cruz would have been portrayed as the second coming of Toquemada. 

Rubio would have been portrayed as a silly inexperienced little boy.   

Nobody we could have picked has the media skills necessary to successfully push back against the dominant media narrative.   

People here are underestimating the media's power to make anyone look evil or foolish,  and over estimating their preferred candidates ability to deal with the media.

THIS!

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2016, 07:48:57 pm »
Can't really argue with that.  And if it isn't making them look like Hitler, the media would find something else and pound it 24/7.  I thought Rubio might be our strongest candidate, but they likely have been bombarding him with "baby with a pacifier" meme, and lauding the value of experience.

Geez, they even ridiculed him for taking a swig of water.