Author Topic: In North Carolina, independent early voting surged. How could that affect the outcome?  (Read 590 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
A record 3 million North Carolinians already have voted in an election that’s heading to the wire with both major presidential candidates flying in for final rallies Monday – including one at midnight.

Only three states have had more early voters than North Carolina, according to a University of Florida elections project.

And one North Carolina analyst said independents, whose early voting numbers jumped, and African-Americans, whose numbers fell, could hold the key to Tuesday’s election.

“The unaffiliated and the black voters (are) probably the two key groups,” political scientist Michael Bitzer of Catawba College said Sunday.

North Carolina’s highest-profile election in years ends with a flourish Monday...

Read more here: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/election/article113023408.html#storylink=cpy
The Republic is lost.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Hrc doesnt need North Carolina, Obama didn't.

Offline cato potatoe

They're targeting NC because of the downticket races.  The timing of Comey's announcement could not have been more political.  Early voting ended on Saturday with a big Hillary advantage, and now some of the Trumpists will be too discouraged to show on Tuesday. 

Offline ConstitutionRose

I have voted R my whole adult life but I registered as Independent/unaffiliated when we moved to NC.  Still vote R, but was unhappy with the GOP candidates and looking for a way to voice my unhappiness.  I know a lot of fellow R voters are also registered as Independents but I am clueless as to their numbers in the state.

If you are registered as an Independent you can choose which primary you wish to vote in.  That might appeal to voters who are not so much party loyalists.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.