Author Topic: Last minute bombshells and why we need to end early voting  (Read 686 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Last minute bombshells and why we need to end early voting
« on: November 07, 2016, 04:27:05 pm »
The title of a Business Insider piece quoting Clinton spokesperson Jennifer Palmieri really says it all: If ‘whopper’ email is published by WikiLeaks in next 2 days, ‘it’s probably a fake’. We shouldn’t read this to mean that they know something huge is coming, but they’re definitely worried about it.

A spokesperson for Hillary Clinton’s campaign said Sunday that if Wikileaks were to publish a bombshell email in the final two days of the election, it would likely not be authentic.

“Friends, please remember that if you see a whopper of a Wikileaks in next two days – it’s probably a fake,” tweeted Jennifer Palmieri, the communications director for the Clinton campaign.

Well, Julian Assange and his crew dumped another 8,200 emails last night, but if there’s a bombshell in there it hasn’t detonated yet. The best anyone seems to have come up with was Clinton’s State Department “disregarding ethics” on some venture in 2010. But what did or didn’t turn out to be in this batch of leaked documents isn’t really the point here. It’s that there could have been something else of importance to the electorate.

Read more at: http://hotair.com/archives/2016/11/07/last-minute-bombshells-need-end-early-voting/
The Republic is lost.

Offline sinkspur

Re: Last minute bombshells and why we need to end early voting
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2016, 04:30:17 pm »
I see this more and more and the advocacy for ending early voting seems to be coming from conservative and Republican sources.

Which is why it will never happen.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2016, 02:26:15 am »
I agree with the article's argument.
My thoughts:

- No "early voting". Election Day is "election day". Show up and vote - you snooze, you lose.

- No "absentee ballots", with VERY few exceptions (such as active duty service members, hospitalized and infirm persons, etc.). Again, show up and vote, or else.

- No "mail in" ballots. No "mail in" elections. Show up on election day and vote.

- No "provisional ballots" of any kind. If you haven't taken the time to register (in advance), tough luck.

- No totally-electronic balloting. ALL votes must be made on paper ballots (using a machine to tally results is OK). ALL voting machines must issue a printed receipt to the voter (if requested) showing all ballot choices as tallied by the machine.

- No "motor voter" or "automatic" registration. If you want to be a registered voter, show up at city hall with proper documentation at least four months in advance of the election. Otherwise -- too bad.

- No reporting of vote tallies until two hours after ALL voting districts (in the state) have closed. No more "Philadelphias" that can manufacture additional votes when it's realized the state tally is running against the democrats. ALL district results will remain sealed and opened at one time. If this means election results aren't known until the next day, so be it.

Does this sound "discriminatory" to you?
I hope so. It's intended to be.
And necessary to preserve the integrity of the electoral process.
All the "progressive improvements" of the past 20 years are designed to subvert that integrity...

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2016, 02:28:16 am »
I don't like early voting or morons who haven't made up their mind with only days or weeks to go.

No bombshell is going to change anyone's mind at this point.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2016, 05:55:23 am »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2016, 07:13:53 am »

Does this sound "discriminatory" to you?
I hope so. It's intended to be.
And necessary to preserve the integrity of the electoral process.
All the "progressive improvements" of the past 20 years are designed to subvert that integrity...

You just described the UK system completely, with one minor miss - postal ballots are posted out to the the voters two weeks before the election and are SIGNED for. You aren't home to sign for it, and forget to pick it up from the depot (showing ID) - tough, you ain't voting.

Of course, there is no such thing as early voting in the UK. The entire campaign season, from start to polling day is 6 weeks and not a day more.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink