Author Topic: Latinos back Clinton overwhelmingly, polls find  (Read 4494 times)

Offline goatprairie

Re: Latinos back Clinton overwhelmingly, polls find
« Reply #50 on: November 08, 2016, 01:10:56 pm »
That whole Rubio spin was a load of shit too. Considering he couldn't get out of his own way during the Primaries, I doubt he would have faired much better in the General.
The polls say otherwise. Rubio was not my first, second, third, or fourth choice. But of all the Pubbie candidates he had the broadest appeal to the general voter. He certainly had a lot less negatives than the Orange Toad or Her Heinous. I think Rubio would be smiling broadly today if he were the nominee.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #51 on: November 08, 2016, 01:13:21 pm »
Nothing if you like electing rat a President and super majorities in the House and Senate.  So many rats that sweeping change like the Great Society can be passed unchallenged. 

The whole "extremism is not a vice" thing after the Cuban missile crisis probably didn't help.
I don't know if any Pubbie could have gotten elected after the JFK assassination. And Goldwater was reviled by the media just as much or more than current Pubbie candidates. He never had a chance in the court of public opinion. Back then the media was much more lib-dominated than today. No internet and no conservative talk radio.
 Goldwater's stance on the Civil Rights Bill didn't help either. The GOP was losing black voters, but Goldwater's stance put most of them permanently in the Dem camp.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 01:15:02 pm by goatprairie »

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #52 on: November 08, 2016, 01:14:33 pm »
You're right, but the overall impression by many people was that he called Mexicans rapists/criminals. He just can't formulate sentences logically. Thanks to his scattered brain.

I don't buy it. Trump speaks the way he does deliberately because incitement to grab headlines is his whole campaign strategy.

He breathes fire for the masses about building a wall to keep the murderers and rapists out then he turns around and tells the political class that it won't be an actual wall and that it will have doors to let the good illegals back in.