Author Topic: Latinos back Clinton overwhelmingly, polls find  (Read 4495 times)

cuky

Latinos back Clinton overwhelmingly, polls find
« on: November 07, 2016, 04:18:05 am »

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/latinos-back-clinton-overwhelmingly-polls-find/ar-AAjYyFj?ocid=spartandhp

Not only are Latino voters set for record turnout this election, but their support for Donald Trump may be lower than that for any Republican presidential candidate in more than 30 years.
Hillary Clinton has support from 76 percent of the Latino electorate, according to the Noticias Telemundo/Latino Decisions /NALEO Educational Fund poll released Sunday.

That's more than Barack Obama won in both of his elections. Latino Decisions' survey showed 75 percent of Latinos backed Obama in 2012. Exit polling put his support at 71 percent.

Just 14 percent of Latino voters backed Trump, the survey found, That's about half of Mitt Romney's 27 percent showing with Latinos and less than the 21 percent Bob Dole won in 1996.

Exit data compiled by the Pew Hispanic Center shows no Republican candidate faring worse with Latinos in presidential elections dating to 1980.

A "Trump bump" in early voting by Latinos already has been documented in recent days in Florida, Nevada, Texas and some other states.

Voter registration drives have been robust for the past year in many Latino and immigrant communities, and now many advocacy groups are working to ensure that Latino voters get to the polls.

Almost 15 million Latinos could vote this year, a record, and polling shows the Latino electorate puts more importance on voting this year than in 2012.

Offline sinkspur

Re: Latinos back Clinton overwhelmingly, polls find
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2016, 04:26:23 am »
In other words, Trump lost the election on the day he announced, June 15, 2015.

"They're rapists" should be tattooed on his forehead.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2016, 12:40:47 pm »

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/latinos-back-clinton-overwhelmingly-polls-find/ar-AAjYyFj?ocid=spartandhp

Not only are Latino voters set for record turnout this election, but their support for Donald Trump may be lower than that for any Republican presidential candidate in more than 30 years.
Hillary Clinton has support from 76 percent of the Latino electorate, according to the Noticias Telemundo/Latino Decisions /NALEO Educational Fund poll released Sunday.

That's more than Barack Obama won in both of his elections. Latino Decisions' survey showed 75 percent of Latinos backed Obama in 2012. Exit polling put his support at 71 percent.

Just 14 percent of Latino voters backed Trump, the survey found, That's about half of Mitt Romney's 27 percent showing with Latinos and less than the 21 percent Bob Dole won in 1996.

Exit data compiled by the Pew Hispanic Center shows no Republican candidate faring worse with Latinos in presidential elections dating to 1980.

A "Trump bump" in early voting by Latinos already has been documented in recent days in Florida, Nevada, Texas and some other states.

Voter registration drives have been robust for the past year in many Latino and immigrant communities, and now many advocacy groups are working to ensure that Latino voters get to the polls.

Almost 15 million Latinos could vote this year, a record, and polling shows the Latino electorate puts more importance on voting this year than in 2012.

The sad part is that a,lot of people on our side is refusing to acknowledge the rising Latino voting block.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2016, 12:41:26 pm »

Yep

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2016, 12:54:49 pm »

The sad part is that a,lot of people on our side is refusing to acknowledge the rising Latino voting block.

While they aren't as large a voting block, but middle eastern Christians have tended to support republicans till now.

Its purely anecdotal but every middle eastern Christian I know says "NO" to Trump. Here in Michigan they are a sizable voting block.

Offline biff

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2016, 01:45:03 pm »
They are absolute idiots too if they support Klinton. Just whose jobs are the illegals coming for when they walk across the border. I will give a hint, not engineering jobs, not medical jobs, not middle income jobs.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2016, 02:06:00 pm »
While they aren't as large a voting block, but middle eastern Christians have tended to support republicans till now.

Its purely anecdotal but every middle eastern Christian I know says "NO" to Trump. Here in Michigan they are a sizable voting block.

We gotta stop bashing other groups.. If the GOP wants to survive, the yelling and screaming act has to stop.  We as a group need to attract new blood.  We need to nominate someone who is not like Barry Goldwalter and Donald Trump.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2016, 02:10:50 pm »
These things tend to happen, when you start a campaign by calling a group of people "rapist" and "murderers".
Is anyone really shocked?

Offline skeeter

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2016, 02:13:46 pm »
These things tend to happen, when you start a campaign by calling a group of people "rapist" and "murderers".

Gee I really hate to be defending this guy, but he really didn't call Mexicans rapists and murderers. He said there were rapists and murderers currently crossing over illegally.

And if you look at the levels of incarceration of illegal immigrants you'd have to say he was right.

If the point you are making is there are certain truths which cannot be spoken in today's political environment then I would totally agree.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2016, 02:13:57 pm »

Nope..

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2016, 02:18:31 pm »
Gee I really hate to be defending this guy, but he really didn't call Mexicans rapists and murderers. He said there were rapists and murderers currently crossing over illegally.

And if you look at the levels of incarceration of illegal immigrants you'd have to say he was right.

If the point you are making is there are certain truths which cannot be spoken in today's political environment then I would totally agree.

I agree that you are correct that he didn't say "all", but once again, he could have framed it differently and still been non-PC about it, which is his trademark.
Being plain spoken is fine, but "fine tuning" would have worked, without going too soft.
However, this is Trump we are talking about.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2016, 02:19:43 pm »

The problem is, if you have to explain what he meant when  he used "rapists" and "murderers" in connection with Mexicans, you've lost the argument.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2016, 02:22:57 pm »
The problem is, if you have to explain what he meant when  he used "rapists" and "murderers" in connection with Mexicans, you've lost the argument.

The problem is people hear what they want to hear.

The truth has never been worth less than it is today.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2016, 02:24:38 pm »

Telling like it is and being an ass about it is no way to win elections.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2016, 02:27:42 pm »

It's all Monday morning quarterback stuff at this point.
Any one of us could have framed the argument about illegals entering as unfair to law abiding Americans, and could have addressed the crime statistics.
He went into his normal hyperbole mode, from day one.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2016, 02:31:33 pm »

I hope you are young enough to "fully enjoy" the Marxist take over of the USA should Hillary win.

Offline bilo

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2016, 02:31:40 pm »

:amen:

Unfortunately the Pubs nominated a crude bully with no self control. We had candidates who were as strong, or stronger, on immigration but because they were careful in how they expressed themselves the mob choose the guy who was easiest to stereotype. The Pubs won't attract new "minority" groups because they don't know how to stereotype the Rats as the racist, anti liberty thugs they are.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline skeeter

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2016, 02:33:46 pm »

Telling like it is and being an ass about it is no way to win elections.

That is true.

More than any other this election has forced me to set aside any visceral reaction when considering where to put my vote and take a cold look at my own self interests.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2016, 02:39:29 pm »
It's all Monday morning quarterback stuff at this point.
Any one of us could have framed the argument about illegals entering as unfair to law abiding Americans, and could have addressed the crime statistics.
He went into his normal hyperbole mode, from day one.

His core of support has always wanted hyperbole and never cared if it was true or not. They only cared that he was saying what they wanted to hear.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2016, 02:45:40 pm »

Honestly they are so wrong.  Even I could get what he was saying.  He was saying he was going to send out the bad ones.  I always wondered if he was going to let rapists and murderers out of prison and send them back?  So Trump told Hispanic/Latinos over and over that he was going to create jobs for them.  He told them his plan to send them out for paid vacation home just to bring them back through his yuuuge beautiful door ahead of others who have been waiting legally to come into the U.S.A.  All they needed to do was look at Trumps hiring practice to know that he hires illegals.  It was the recycled touchback Amnesty plan.  Pence knows all about it.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2016, 02:52:33 pm »
All they needed to do was look at Trumps hiring practice to know that he hires illegals. 

@Chosen Daughter

Care to back the accusation that Trump hires illegals up with some documentation?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 02:53:04 pm by jpsb »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2016, 02:58:13 pm »

@Chosen Daughter

Care to back the accusation that Trump hires illegals up with some documentation?

Donald Trump Hired Illegal Workers As Models

http://www.ibtimes.com/donald-trump-hired-illegal-workers-models-2409360

Offline jpsb

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2016, 03:22:35 pm »

Donald Trump Hired Illegal Workers As Models

http://www.ibtimes.com/donald-trump-hired-illegal-workers-models-2409360

Anonymous sources are not creditable. Particularly from Mother Jones.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2016, 03:24:08 pm »

He also had illegal immigrants on his construction site. He prefers Illegals from Eastern Europe.

Silver Pines

« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2016, 03:27:32 pm »

@jpsb

You can toss the keywords into google and immediately come up with a wealth of sources, but I suspect you would find a reason to dismiss every one of them, just as you dismissed Trump in his own words calling for a world with no borders only three years ago.