Author Topic: BREAKING>>FBI Director Comey says agency won’t recommend charges over Clinton email  (Read 27936 times)

Offline sinkspur

I don't think so. I think he played this perfectly. He fed the Trumper fantasy that Clinton would be going to jail at any moment. At the same time he set up the narrative that Clinton had been investigated once again and found to be innocent.

That is true.  But the proximity to the election certainly influenced a some number of votes and will now influence others. 

That's a blatant interference and should never happen.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

What reports?

I asked that an hour ago.  She said "Google it."

Online Hoodat

I asked that an hour ago.  She said "Google it."

Good grief, that is just like arguing with liberals.  Oh, wait .  .  .
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sinkspur

And hillary and Sinkspur thought Comey was the devil...

A lot can change in the 24 hour news cycle.

I still think Comey had no business injecting himself into the political process.  The FBI has NEVER done this, so close to an election, and this will be what Comey is identified with in the history books.

Now he looks even sillier, absolving Hillary in a rushed perusal of her emails.

Offline Blizzardnh

My conscience is clear.

I voted for Evan McMullin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9bk2MrMGaA

Offline Victoria33

They went through all 600k plus emails already?.....yeah right.
@mystery-ak

Those 600k+ Weiner's emails were in the cloud and went back for years before Clinton was at the state department.  The FBI didn't have to search those from numerous years ago.  The FBI was looking at those for the years Clinton was Secretary of State.

Offline Rivergirl

Don't know any NEVER TRUMPers who called anyone with whom they disagree as pedophiles, JFK assassins, Liars, or assorted other vile names. 
Typical tRumpers to project their disgusting behaviors onto everyone else.

geronl

Don't know any NEVER TRUMPers who called anyone with whom they disagree as pedophiles,

besides Trump

Offline sinkspur

Here's the Trump talking point:

Gentlemen, it's called software.   

Offline Victoria33

What did I tell ya..it was going to be Sunday..just enough time for the word to get out...if Trump has anything now is the time to release it.
@mystery-ak

I don't think this late letter will help Clinton any - it is too late for the word to get to voters.  Men are watching football today and tomorrow is another day at work for both men and women, as is Tuesday.

This letter also doesn't stop the investigation of the Clinton Foundation.

Offline aligncare

I imagine Comey saying something like this when it was made clear to him he would be springing Hillary:

“Listen. I'll have you know I cannot be bought and I cannot be threatened. But, put the two together and I’m your man.”
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 11:29:40 pm by aligncare »

Offline musiclady

Incestuous corruption at its finest.... **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline skeeter

@mystery-ak

I don't think this late letter will help Clinton any - it is too late for the word to get to voters.  Men are watching football today and tomorrow is another day at work for both men and women, as is Tuesday.

I agree. Comey wasn't going to do anything before the election anyway.

One thing that confuses me though - there were supposed to have been tens of thousands of emails to peruse - many for the first time. How could he possibly have already determined in one week that there will be no indictment?

addendum - I see the question has already been asked - several times.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 11:32:47 pm by skeeter »

Offline ConstitutionRose

One thing that confuses me though - there were supposed to have been tens of thousands of emails to peruse - many for the first time. How could he possibly have already determined in one week that there will be no indictment?

I'm trying to locate an article I read earlier that said they brought in several teams.  I also think having the e-mails in electronic form is helpful because you can do programmed word searches.

I have never been really sure how many e-mails this involved.  I saw all kinds of numbers being thrown around in the press,
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline skeeter

I'm trying to locate an article I read earlier that said they brought in several teams.  I also think having the e-mails in electronic form is helpful because you can do programmed word searches.

I have never been really sure how many e-mails this involved.  I saw all kinds of numbers being thrown around in the press,

Simply reading wouldn't be enough, they'd need to analyze thousands of messages as well. That would definitely take far more time. This entire thing is a complete hash.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.

Never heard of grep? Or a similar program?

Clinton's 60k were a problem because they were printed out and had to be read manually. Weiners - all electronic. A fast computer could have compared all 650k  with the text of the Clinton mails (in electronic form) in a few minutes to see if there were uniques in Weiner's phone/laptop.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline skeeter

Never heard of grep? Or a similar program?

Clinton's 60k were a problem because they were printed out and had to be read manually. Weiners - all electronic. A fast computer could have compared all 650k  with the text of the Clinton mails (in electronic form) in a few minutes to see if there were uniques in Weiner's phone/laptop.

I understand. But I had heard there were quite a number messages on Weiner's PC that had not yet been turned over and were being read by the FBI for the first time - remember Weiner's file name 'life insurance'... Perhaps that was just another unfounded rumor.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 11:55:55 pm by skeeter »

Offline mountaineer

Dennis Miller
2 hrs ·

If you weren't mad enough before to get off your ass on Tuesday, certainly you're mad enough now.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sinkspur

@mystery-ak

I disagree. I think voters will know this happened.  Whether it will influence anybody is another issue.  Anybody who's undecided at this point is clueless anyway.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I disagree. I think voters will know this happened.  Whether it will influence anybody is another issue.  Anybody who's undecided at this point is clueless anyway.

Which is probably about 2/3 of the voting public. And I'm trying to be kind with that estimate.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline aligncare

Whoa. A point of agreement. Two days before election. Clearly a sign from above.  :pondering:

Offline sinkspur

The DOW futures are up 220 points.

Think Wall Street knows something?

Offline sinkspur

Guy Benson ‏@guypbenson  18m18 minutes ago
Guy Benson Retweeted LibertyGauge
NBC News reported today that most, but *not* all, of the newly-reviewed HRC-related emails were duplicates, matching CBS, Fox reporting.

No wonder the FBI could complete the search so quickly.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
The DOW futures are up 220 points.

Think Wall Street knows something?

They should, since they 'are' running the whole show.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley