Author Topic: Report: Aides block Trump from Twitter  (Read 3595 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Report: Aides block Trump from Twitter
« on: November 06, 2016, 06:59:36 pm »
November 06, 2016, 12:49 pm

By Ben Kamisar

Donald Trump's press aides have revoked access to his Twitter account, a new report claims, as the GOP nominee tries to stay on message for the campaign's final stretch.

The New York Times reports on Sunday that Trump no longer has control of what goes out on his Twitter account, with aides drafting and sending out messages with his help.

In one example given by the Times, Trump and top press aide Hope Hicks co-authored a tweet about how President Obama shouldn't be spending his time in office campaigning for Clinton that Hicks approved and sent.

Trump's social media account boasts more than 13 million followers and the unconventional politician has regularly leaned on it to tar political rivals and give voters an unfiltered look at his thoughts. But his Twitter musings have been a regular source of headaches for his campaign both during the primary election and the general election.

He provoked the ire of Republican Sen. Ted Cruz (Texas) when he retweeted an unflattering photo of his wife during the GOP primary. More recently, a late-night series of tweets disparaging a former Miss Universe who claims Trump belittled her for gaining weight distracted his campaign and opened the door for ridicule from Democrats.

Last month, he also promised an all-out war against the GOP establishment and Hillary Clinton in a series of tweets, warning that the "shackles have been taken off."

The more-restrained social media approach over the last few days mimics Trump's overall direction as he heads into Election Day. His rallies have been increasingly reliant on scripted remarks, more subdued with less departures into areas that could come back to haunt him. 

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/304573-report-trump-aides-take-away-his-personal-twitter
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Report: Aides block Trump from Twitter
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2016, 07:00:39 pm »
Took em long enough...should have done this months ago he might be up by 5 or poor points..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2016, 07:05:53 pm »
Took em long enough...should have done this months ago he might be up by 5 or poor points..

So you would rather America never got to see the sickness in Trump's soul.  That the man that called Dr. Carson a pedophile would be kept from further outrages?

Wow, is all I can say.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2016, 07:19:05 pm »
Smartest thing they've done for the man.

Should have done it 8 months ago.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2016, 07:25:15 pm »
Brilliant. Lets elect a man with such little self control that he would absolutely sabotage his own run for the presidency with a Twitter post. Lets elect a man who is going to deal with world leaders, but has to BE controlled by his handlers, less he lapse into online flamewars for his personal amusement.

Some people are too stupid to vote.

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2016, 07:31:58 pm »
The Trump campaign should put out a final ad reassuring the electorate that if elected they will take away his Twitter account, they will wash his mouth out with soap, and they are going to send him to bed without supper every time he is a bad boy... :pondering:
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 07:38:28 pm by montanajoe »

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2016, 11:32:45 pm »
Brilliant. Lets elect a man with such little self control that he would absolutely sabotage his own run for the presidency with a Twitter post. Lets elect a man who is going to deal with world leaders, but has to BE controlled by his handlers, less he lapse into online flamewars for his personal amusement.

Some people are too stupid to vote.

I tried  to think of a kinder way to say the last sentence, but I'll settle for

THIS
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2016, 12:09:59 am »

I tried  to think of a kinder way to say the last sentence, but I'll settle for

THIS

No point in kindness. Truth is often unkind. In fact, if more people had been truthful without worrying about these special little snowflakes feelings, we would not be faced with a no win scenario for America.

If people can walk into a booth and pull a lever for the man that has behaved in the ways we have all seen Trump behave in the last year, they deserve him for 8 more. They deserve to suffer the scorn and disgust others will pile on them from across the planet. They will be solely responsible for the mockery we will all endure because of their selfish stupidity.

Every single one of them could have voted for someone less insane than Donald Trump. Even God forbid, Johnson is less insane and more verifiably conservative than Donald Trump. But they did not want conservatism. they wanted liberalism.

That is not an intelligent decision. Winning 'no matter what' is not an intelligent pursuit. It's a morally bankrupt pursuit regardless of some snowflake's feelings on the matter. It's a demonstratably STUPID position when the guy your 'winning' with, sees no issue with grabbing women by the bleep, allowing trannies into women's bathrooms, donates more to liberals than to conservatives and fights conservatives far harder than any liberal including his direct opponent. Forget that he is an open borders on his terms proponent, anti 1 and 2A and fakes his faith for votes.

These people should not have the right to vote. They have done nothing to respect that right and everything to render it meaningless. Their vote cheapens ours and cheapens the very concept of America.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 12:10:40 am by Norm Lenhart »

HonestJohn

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2016, 12:59:25 am »
Awww, I wanted to read how Trump would personally kill every single man and woman in America that doesn't vote for him.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2016, 01:03:07 am »
I call b.s. on this.  Aides may suggest staying off Twitter (a good idea with which he may have complied voluntarily), but the idea that they revoked/blocked his right to be on Twitter is absurd.

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2016, 02:18:24 am »
Too stupid to vote isn't as bad as suggesting that a certain person deserves a bullet.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2016, 02:25:46 am »
I call b.s. on this.  Aides may suggest staying off Twitter (a good idea with which he may have complied voluntarily), but the idea that they revoked/blocked his right to be on Twitter is absurd.

Why hasn't he been on Twitter?  He was compulsive. Perhaps they convinced him to shut down his account. That's the only way I see him refraining.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2016, 02:30:45 am »
Why hasn't he been on Twitter?  He was compulsive. Perhaps they convinced him to shut down his account. That's the only way I see him refraining.

Just think if he wins. The world will get daily bursts of his idiocy under an all new account with a Presidential title to go with them.

'Murica. F' yea...

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2016, 02:39:41 am »

Dang, someone in the Trump campaign has been reading my posts.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2016, 02:45:22 am »
The fact this is even being discussed, given the countless PROOFS that Trump has no self-control whatsoever - is cause enough to disqualify him from the presidency.

If he cannot be trusted with a Twitter account to prevent sabotaging his own campaign - why should he be trusted with the highest office in the land?  Could he not sabotage the entire nation?

As alluded, most people no longer think.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2016, 02:56:12 am »
The fact this is even being discussed, given the countless PROOFS that Trump has no self-control whatsoever - is cause enough to disqualify him from the presidency.

If he cannot be trusted with a Twitter account to prevent sabotaging his own campaign - why should he be trusted with the highest office in the land?  Could he not sabotage the entire nation?

As alluded, most people no longer think.

The overwhelming majority of Americans are little different from spoiled children demanding things they don't understand, for reasons they cannot explain and then flailing about on the floor spasticly screaming how they WANT, until they are either rewarded for bad behavior or they exhaust themselves and mercifully STFU.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2016, 03:15:11 am »
C'mon, Trump needs more than his Twitter blocked...

Offline rodamala

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2016, 03:32:53 am »
If I were his campaign manager, I woulda had Moose and Rocco break both of Mr. Trump's thumbs during the primaries.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2016, 03:47:23 am »
Awww, I wanted to read how Trump would personally kill every single man and woman in America that doesn't vote for him.
Fear not! Trump has surrogates a plenty, and they post here. :silly:

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2016, 03:48:50 am »
C'mon, Trump needs more than his Twitter blocked...
Well, I'm told he doesn't drink, so I guess that just leaves him the frontal lobotomy choice.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2016, 03:50:52 am »
Well, I'm told he doesn't drink, so I guess that just leaves him the frontal lobotomy choice.

Nah, he just needs a daily dose of thorazine.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2016, 01:50:30 pm »

As i said, i'd buy that they convinced him to stay off  Twitter.  I don't buy that they "blocked" him.

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2016, 01:52:07 pm »
He sends Uday and Quasay out there to tweet on his behalf.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2016, 02:08:22 pm »

I have a feeling that after the election, he will be back on twitter, going after the people who didn't vote for him.
Not sure about literally killing them, but killing their reputations.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2016, 02:26:28 pm »
After what's gone on with the DOJ, absentee ballots, and then Obama telling illegals there won't be any legal consequences if they vote, i think we've jumped the shark in terms of election legitimacy.  So, assuming Trump loses tomorrow, i'd hope he doesn't concede, and  goes with the line that Hillary was "selected not elected".

Time to finally get it out in the open.