Author Topic: "Alternate Realities" as a Construct, Descriptor, Label, Domain, Sphere . . .  (Read 951 times)

Offline Quix

• Times R a changin' Walk with God!
Evidently, it would be worthwhile to pontificate a bit on how I construe this forum and the Construct, Label "Alternate Realities."

As noted in a favorite PhD Dissertation,

A Construct {from George Kelly's work} is a bipolar collection of concepts, thought patterns, priorities and meanings used by an individual in the ways he/she anticipates events and objects--in the ways he/she construes his/her world. Such processes are viewed by Kelly (1955) as channelizing or pathway building psychologically{--and, actually, functionally in all our choices and doings in daily life}.

One of the most common Super-Ordinate Constructs is the

Good/Evil one.

You may want to skip the academic blather to the next purple line

Examples of others are:

Worse/Better
High/Low
Healthy/Not healthy
Chaos/Order
Righteous/Unrighteous
Godly/UnGodly
Lazy/Industrious, diligent
Informed/Uninformed
Sane/Delusional
Rigid/Flexible
Intimate/Unconnected
Starving/Stuffed

etc.

No culture has ever been found to use more than 26 constructs. Most of us manage our lives mostly with just a handful of most practiced, adhered to, attended to constructs.

You can sort your relationships according to your own constructs usually at this website:

http://webgrid.uvic.ca/

If you need help with it, I'm willing to help a handful of people. I likely wouldn't have time to help more than that. It's usually better to fill out the information first on an XCell spreadsheet form where in landscape format, 20-24 people or so are listed in the columns at the top left 7/10ths of the sheet and the 20-24 constructs are listed on the right 3/10ths of the sheet in a larger column, as rows.

In the intersecting squares, put a number 1-5 as to whether the individual concerned has little or a lot of the construct considered. I usually list the constructs as

more creative,
more diligent,
more crazy,
more kind,

etc.

One has to be careful to insure that the labels and numbers assigned are logical. Sometimes it's easy to get mixed up about negative vs positively labeled constructs.

The resulting maps and cluster charts can tell a ton of information about one's psychology and relationships with implications for success in life, career, marriage etc. It's got more information than a typical psychological test battery, actually.

Every individual's constructs and construct structure, system is unique--and, actually changes with any significant event in their life.

Anyway--back to the topic . . .

ALTERNATE REALITIES, to me,

includes whatever strikes my interest as bearing meaningfully on our rapidly changing world in these END TIMES--particularly as related to Biblical prophecy, globalism, UFO's, "ET's," MSM propaganda and manipulations, the ruling oligarchy, conspiracies true and/or hypothesized, potential &/or actual significant events on the road to a one world religion and one world government; abuses of government; mass mind control; mass population control and control of individuals; 'mind-numbing lobotomization' via technology; mangled relationships; destruction of the family; etc. etc. etc.

So, given Alternate Realities as a construct--the other end of it would be, to me, the more conventional realities blathered about and construed as "real" by the Main Stream Media and most sheeple, lemmings, Eloi of the masses of people shuffling about on the streets toward the caverns of the Morlachs {for the uninitiated--see globalist H.G. Well's THE TIME MACHINE}.

One could list the label as

Alternate Realities/Conventional Delusions

With that as the construct, Conventional Delusions would be the FALSE, UNREAL, UNTRUE end of things.

The label could be

1. Alternate Realities/Propagandized, lobotomized, mind-controlled virtual fantasies

or

2. Alternate Realities/Oligarchy spoon-fed VR {Virtual Realities) mind feeds

or

3. Alternate Realities/Soma-supported stupor

or

4. Alternate Realities/Conventional assumptions

etc.

Y'all can offer your own 'other end' of the construct for my consideration, if you wish. Nasty ones may be deleted, however. LOL.

I think I prefer #1 above.

The question may arise about whether or not I fantasize that most of my and/or others' threads hereon are truer, to me, than "Conventional Assumptions."

Probably not. I would assume that disinformation and misinformation are rife in this ballpark.

My Dissertation Chairman was a Mormon Bishop. One day he was getting his briefcase out of the trunk of his car as we were going into his office to sort through my software program to analyze the Kelly grids for my Dissertation. I noticed his Book of Mormon copies in his trunk and asked him how he reconciled the 5 or so revisions to the Book of Mormon that had purportedly never been changed. He said something that I disagreed with theologically but felt was still factually, generally true in a lot of ways:

"Life is soooo complex, just about any cock-a-may-me explanation will do."

He was a super brilliant man who, one time, had presented 20 different papers to the American Psychological Assoc Convention that year. Usually, it was an honor to present one.

So, NO, I do NOT automatically think that all or even necessarily a majority of the OP's here are true or mostly true.

I merely believe that they are useful for consideration for a variety of reasons.

1. They may be true and due diligence is warranted accordingly.

2. They may be mostly or totally disinformation/misinformation and we are wise to note it, be alert to it and make fitting decisions for our life and welfare--and that of our family--accordingly.

3. They may be signals of strategic, manipulative, tyrannical moves of the oligarchy we'd be wise to prepare for.

4. They may be satire, fun, silliness . . . which sometimes may contain kernels of truth worth pondering.

5. They may be straw dogs, red herrings, farces for one reason or another motivated by whatever on the part of the author(s) &/or poster. Usually even straw-dogs and red herrings have some purpose that may be important to try and discern and deal with.

6. They may be parables, analogies, coded descriptions, explanations for some very important, hard-tangible realities looming on the near horizon.

7. They may be crucial alerts, warnings . . . whether described directly or tangentially, obliquely.

8. They may be "faction." Truth embedded in fiction--a la Tom DeLonge's SEKRET MACHINES.

9. They may be hypothetical narratives attempting to work out some future possibilities in a collaborative way with the readers.

10. They may be rants attempting to energize the reader toward waking up and prepping better for looming traumas.

etc.

I don't plan to moderate the forum with a heavy hand, at all. I prefer to 'let all the flowers bloom' and let the stinky ones die of their own disease.

However, if push came to shove, I would deal with insulting nastiness fairly straight-forwardly and emphatically.

This whole site expects all of us to respect one another as persons with due consideration to the rights and freedoms to express our perspectives in civil, more or less constructive and at least reasonable ways.

I do not think it is horrible if IDEAS are insulted. It is fairly intolerable to insult someone's person-hood, essence, being.

As the brilliant Religion Moderator asserted on FR so often--DO NOT "make it personal" with one's negative, insulting, assaultive comments.

I construe insulting ideas as not making it personal--in MOST cases. Insulting person-hood, essence, being, IQ, sanity, reality testing, gestalt-way-of-being-in-the-world . . . I DO construe as "making it personal." And the fickle hammer of fate may be applied to such sentences, phrases in those cases.

= = = =

I do absolutely believe 100% that we are in the Biblical END TIMES. I believe that is provable in a list of ways on the basis of thousands of data points, many dozens of Scriptures--prophecies in the Bible and modern events.

I do absolutely believe 100% that the globalist oligarchy working so hard for so many centuries to set up the one world government and one world religion is an absolute fulfillment of some of those Biblical prophecies about the END TIMES government.

I do absolutely believe 99.999% that the "ET's" are all fallen angels pretending to be ET's as part of the GREAT DELUSION of the END TIMES that Christ warned about in the Gospels.

I do absolutely believe 100% that most of us alive currently will live to see the critters, UFO's and the overt one world tyrannical government established on the world stage and nightly news. Hopefully, the Pre-Trib Rapture will take some of us out of the way of the worst of what follows but time will tell on that score.

I do absolutely believe 100% that the Anti-Christ is alive and well on planet earth--working dililgently behind the scenes and preparing to leap wholesale on the world stage--as the Bible declares: waging war 'with peace.'

It is abundantly clear that the Nations arrayed against Israel are EXACTLY those listed in the Biblical prophecies scheduled to wage war against Israel toward her annihilation. Thankfully, God has a different plan than to allow her utter destruction--though He will discipline her within an inch of her life for her abandonment of her relationship WITH HIM.

I do absolutely believe 100% that the Bible is the authentic inerrant {in the original artifacts} Word of Almighty God Yehoavah--the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

I am NOT a young-earther--I do NOT believe the world is only 6,000 years old.

I am a Creationist and believe evolution etc. to be utter wholesale literally devilish idiocy--a most illogical, irrational, ignorant idiocy, at that. All the more so with recent discoveries of the intricacies of living cells etc.

I am a Constitutionalist American but I do not believe that America deserves my primary allegiance. God alone does. I'm actually, a stranger in a strange land, waiting for the New Jerusalem and the world after Armageddon when Christ rules bodily from Jerusalem--that's the HOME I long for.

= = =

My hope for Alternative Realities is that we can dialogue about meaningful topics within this umbrella in a spirit of mutual respect, fun, creativity, . . . in a brain-storming, collaborative way that produces fruitful considerations for all of us.

For me, it serves a function of enabling me to fill one of my roles that is often more than a little bit of a burden--that of WATCHMAN ON THE WALL. Ezekiel is quite clear what a sobering role that is.

= = =

No, I don't expect all the posts and assertions that even I make to end up being 100% true. Some may turn out to be quite far from that criteria. I hope not, but it's more than a little possible because I'd rather post something OFF THE WALL and have it trigger some productive pondering and wise thinking and choices than to fail to have offered it for consideration.

I don't generally post things to tweak people, toy with people, trigger people, etc. I tend to be very much what-you-see-is-what-you-get, as a person and way of being in the world. However, I might surprise myself on such scores occasionally--whether for fun or a 'higher' purpose.

I think I'll stop here. I may well change/edit this as we go along.

Feel free to ask questions.

Arrogant, nasty comments may well be deleted.

Cheers.

--Quix
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 01:23:39 pm by Quix »
Forgive all; In all things Thank God; Love all. Love 1st, most & always... BE CALM & DO THE NEXT LOVING THING.
POTTERY SITE ON ETSY: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ACTIVELOVE
QUIX thread for Quix GLOBALISM, UFO ETC topics here:http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?topic=206517.new#new WILLIAM TOMPKINS Disclosure bk thread: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,224639.0.html . Calling: To afflict the comfortable & comfort the afflicted[/

Offline Quix

« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 04:35:54 pm by Quix »
Forgive all; In all things Thank God; Love all. Love 1st, most & always... BE CALM & DO THE NEXT LOVING THING.
QUIX thread for Quix GLOBALISM, UFO ETC topics here:http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?topic=206517.new#new WILLIAM TOMPKINS Disclosure bk thread: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,224639.0.html . Calling: To afflict the comfortable & comfort the afflicted[/

Offline roamer_1

@Quix
OFF pinglists please.

Offline Quix