Author Topic: 2016: A presidential election unlike any other Updated: November 6, 2016 — 4:01 AM EST  (Read 389 times)

Offline Blizzardnh

The end, at least, looks familiar, with an intense focus on the now-familiar cast of competitive states: Florida, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Iowa, Nevada, North Carolina.
Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton even have engaged in the time-tested ritual of "trying to expand the map," visiting and advertising in a couple of just-out-of-reach states - Wisconsin and Michigan for the Republican, Arizona and Georgia for the Democrat. In Nevada on Saturday night, Trump was rushed off the stage in a brief security scare before returning to finish his speech.

For the most part, Campaign 2016 has looked like a reality TV show plotted by a screenwriter on mescaline - absurd, unlike any presidential election before it. Historians and political scientists will puzzle over this long, strange trip for years.

Consider:

It was the first U.S. election in which a candidate was captured on tape talking about grabbing women by the genitals and also the first in which a candidate vowed to throw his opponent in jail if he should win, as Trump did in the second debate.

It was the first election with a woman as the major-party nominee. She also is the first nominee under FBI investigation as the polls are about to open, for mishandling classified material on an unsecured private email server when she was secretary of state.

more. http://www.philly.com/philly/news/politics/20161106_2016__A_presidential_election_unlike_any_other.html

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
I have met this election with such dread.  I have many close friends and people who I have the highest respect for telling me to vote the platform.  I have been told that Trump has Godly council.  Yes he does but there is no evidence that he has taken any to heart.  We are not electing a pastor.  We have heard that Trump received the Lord as Savior.  And if that is true I believe the angels in heaven are rejoicing.  But we don't take baby Christians in the Lord and expect them to have Wisdom.

There are so many firsts in this election:

First election where both candidates are tied to a convicted child rapist and his orgy island.

First election the candidates are lifelong friends and their children are also.

First election where we recycled a family of a ex president impeached:

RESOLVED that William Jefferson Clinton, President of the United States, is impeached for high crimes and misdemeanors, and that the following articles of impeachment be exhibited to the United States Senate:

ARTICLES OF IMPEACHMENT EXHIBITED BY THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA IN THE NAME OF ITSELF AND OF THE PEOPLE OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, AGAINST WILLIAM JEFFERSON CLINTON, PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, IN MAINTENANCE AND SUPPORT OF ITS IMPEACHMENT AGAINST HIM FOR HIGH CRIMES AND MISDEMEANORS.

http://www.historyplace.com/unitedstates/impeachments/clinton.htm

First election where Republicans are swinging toward gay rights.

First election where Republican candidate has supported and praised Democrats who have brought this country down a road of immorality.

First election where Repbublican First Lady can be viewed online naked.

First Republican candidate to refer to his daughter on Howard Stern as a sexual piece of meat.

First election Repbublican candidate has allowed daughter to be filmed sexualy as a New York model.  And I know people are going to poo poo that but how many times have Republicans said something about what the Obama daughters wore?

First Republican candidate with a disgusting loose tongue to go on Howard Stern interview and talk about sleazy sexual topics.

First Republican candidate to praise Putin, Hussein, Kim Jong Un and the Chinese government of their handling of Tiananmen Square.

First election of where a lesbian is running for president. (unethical one)

First election former First Family running so that they can go back and take the rest of the stuff they didn't steal leaving the White House the first time.

First election where it isn't clear if either one of the candidates wins they won't be plagued with current law suits or possible arrest.

Both candidates obvious bad judgment in so many ways.

Oh and there is so much more.  Have to think.

Prayerfully and meditating on Gods Word I have chosen.  I will vote for Evan McMullin.  It is quite possible he isn't the perfect candidate either but he isn't Trump or Clinton.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 04:46:42 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
First Republican candidate so shallow to view all women in his lens of sexual fitness.  As he did when he spoke of former first lady Nancy Reagan saying she was never very beautiful.  And then expecting people to compare him to President Reagan.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.