Author Topic: “Trust Not In Princes” #NeverTrump #NeverHillary #NeverTooLate  (Read 1086 times)

cuky

“Trust Not In Princes” #NeverTrump #NeverHillary #NeverTooLate

http://www.redstate.com/diary/eburke/2016/11/05/trust-princes-nevertrump-neverhillary-nevertoolate/

“Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry.”

Never in my lifetime have I witnessed two major party candidates who so utterly and unashamedly embrace the idolatry described in that verse. Whose willingness to pathologically lie, cheat, insult, demean, to be vile, vulgar, narcissistic, petty and vindictive was so obvious, blatant and relentless.

Where one candidate claims to be a Christian yet blasphemes God’s mercy by saying he’s never felt the need to ask Him for forgiveness. Who brags about sexually assaulting women and whose view of women throughout his entire life has been that they exist solely for his carnal pleasure. (I’ve been in plenty of locker rooms and as bad as it is, bragging about sexual assault by 60 year old men is not the norm) Whose idea of contrition is to say that he would never grope women as ugly as his accusers; and who told Howard Stern that he was all good with Howard calling his daughter “a piece of ass.” (my father’s heart is trying to wrap it’s arms around how dark and hedonistic a man’s heart has to be to countenance, nay encourage that type of vulgar, demeaning description of his daughter)

Is it any wonder that both these candidates became rich, one by taking bribes and the other paying them? Or that both cared more about lining their pockets their entire lives even if it cost people their jobs, their businesses or their lives? Should I be surprised that one candidate donated hundreds of thousands of dollars to the candidate he now calls “crooked”, or that the other scooped up those dollars from a candidate she now calls vile? Is it any wonder that they were besty friends and shared the same political views…right until they both decided to run for President?

I’ve heard countless times this election season that I must vote for one of these hedonists because the other is even worse. And I must ask “why?” What kind of witness do I give as a Christian when I give my assent to an individual(s) who so blantantly mocks all that I claim to believe in? Am I that fearful that I must vote for Godless immorality to stop Godless immorality? Or is succumbing to my fears really telling God that I must support behavior He despises because I’m afraid of what the future holds if I don’t?

Because I cannot bring myself to vote for either of the two major party candidates simply because I fear what the other candidate might do to our nation rather than remembering the Almighty Lord who said “Trust not in princes” and who asked “why do the nations and people plot in vain against me?”

Because at the end of the day, neither Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton or any other mere mortal can destroy our country…unless God wills it.

Or, in the much shorter, more succinct words of my wife: “In a race between Ahab and Jezebel, I choose neither.”

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: “Trust Not In Princes” #NeverTrump #NeverHillary #NeverTooLate
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2016, 03:47:58 am »
“Trust Not In Princes” #NeverTrump #NeverHillary #NeverTooLate

http://www.redstate.com/diary/eburke/2016/11/05/trust-princes-nevertrump-neverhillary-nevertoolate/

“Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry.”

Never in my lifetime have I witnessed two major party candidates who so utterly and unashamedly embrace the idolatry described in that verse. Whose willingness to pathologically lie, cheat, insult, demean, to be vile, vulgar, narcissistic, petty and vindictive was so obvious, blatant and relentless.

Where one candidate claims to be a Christian yet blasphemes God’s mercy by saying he’s never felt the need to ask Him for forgiveness. Who brags about sexually assaulting women and whose view of women throughout his entire life has been that they exist solely for his carnal pleasure. (I’ve been in plenty of locker rooms and as bad as it is, bragging about sexual assault by 60 year old men is not the norm) Whose idea of contrition is to say that he would never grope women as ugly as his accusers; and who told Howard Stern that he was all good with Howard calling his daughter “a piece of ass.” (my father’s heart is trying to wrap it’s arms around how dark and hedonistic a man’s heart has to be to countenance, nay encourage that type of vulgar, demeaning description of his daughter)

Is it any wonder that both these candidates became rich, one by taking bribes and the other paying them? Or that both cared more about lining their pockets their entire lives even if it cost people their jobs, their businesses or their lives? Should I be surprised that one candidate donated hundreds of thousands of dollars to the candidate he now calls “crooked”, or that the other scooped up those dollars from a candidate she now calls vile? Is it any wonder that they were besty friends and shared the same political views…right until they both decided to run for President?

I’ve heard countless times this election season that I must vote for one of these hedonists because the other is even worse. And I must ask “why?” What kind of witness do I give as a Christian when I give my assent to an individual(s) who so blantantly mocks all that I claim to believe in? Am I that fearful that I must vote for Godless immorality to stop Godless immorality? Or is succumbing to my fears really telling God that I must support behavior He despises because I’m afraid of what the future holds if I don’t?

Because I cannot bring myself to vote for either of the two major party candidates simply because I fear what the other candidate might do to our nation rather than remembering the Almighty Lord who said “Trust not in princes” and who asked “why do the nations and people plot in vain against me?”

Because at the end of the day, neither Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton or any other mere mortal can destroy our country…unless God wills it.

Or, in the much shorter, more succinct words of my wife: “In a race between Ahab and Jezebel, I choose neither.”

:amen:  And as much as anyone dislikes, fears the Clintons your personal choice is between you and God.  Hopefully it will be done through prayer and meditating on the Word.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Re: “Trust Not In Princes” #NeverTrump #NeverHillary #NeverTooLate
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2016, 04:33:46 am »

Amen.  I concur.

Or to put it in quotes from Jesus "Can Satan cast out Satan?" (Matthew 12:26).

Makes no sense as a Christian to support a lesser evil to stop what they think is a greater evil.

They are relying on their own reasoning and not from that which is supposed to guide our thoughts and actions.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775