Author Topic: Why This Election Terrifies Me...Frank Bruni  (Read 822 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Why This Election Terrifies Me...Frank Bruni
« on: November 05, 2016, 11:42:48 pm »
Why This Election Terrifies Me
Frank Bruni

COLUMBUS, Ohio — Tuesday nears, after such epic ugliness. “It’s almost over,” friends say. “We’ll finally be done with this.” What a lovely thought. What a naïve fantasy.

There’s no end here, just a punctuation mark, a measly comma between the rancor that has built until this point and the fury to come. And there’s no way to un-see what all of us have seen over these last 18 months, to bottle up what has been un-bottled.

Election Day will redeem and settle nothing, not this time around. No matter who declares victory, tens of millions of Americans will be convinced — truly convinced — that the outcome isn’t legitimate because untoward forces intervened. Whether balloons fall on Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump, there will be bolder divisions in America than there were at the start of it all and even less faith in the country’s most important institutions.

more
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/06/opinion/sunday/why-this-election-terrifies-me.html?ref=opinion
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 11:43:14 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: Why This Election Terrifies Me...Frank Bruni
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2016, 12:19:35 am »
Article and comments are just a big liberal circle jerk.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2016, 01:05:47 am »
Article and comments are just a big liberal circle jerk.

No surprise.  So I'll just fantasize about what the article ought to say....

"Tuesday nears, after such epic ugliness. “It’s almost over,” friends say. “We’ll finally be done with this.” What a lovely thought. What a naïve fantasy.  Because, after all, whichever candidate actually wins this mess, they're going to have 4 years in which to really showcase their unfitness and incompetence, to the detriment and danger of the entire world.

The End."

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2016, 01:08:57 am »
I laugh at imbeciles like Bruni who are so stupid and invested in their ideology - they cannot discern the fact that it is the very people and policies they have empowered since the Clintons and ESPECIALLY their kneepad love of support and shield for Obama's agenda - that has hopelessly divided the country to it's inevitable eruption (by design), propelling us to where all such collapses of Republics lead.

Now he writes about how frightened he is, clueless willfully so that he himself has caused this crossroads to be reached.

That anyone would resist tyranny scares him.

That anyone would propose greater tyranny besides his own vaunted Leftist Messiahs is even more frightening to him.

Bruni and his ilk have helped to shape the very atmosphere and climate that now frightens him as flashes of conflict and the sound of thunderous rage reach his safe-spaced ears.

All I got to say is enjoy it fella - you groomed this to happen.

And consequences will be a bitch - but they will be well deserved.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775