Author Topic: The 100 Funniest Tweets From The Unending Nightmare That's Been The 2016 Election  (Read 763 times)

Silver Pines

The 100 Funniest Tweets From The Unending Nightmare That's Been The 2016 Election

By Freddie Campion
11/01/2016

There are only seven days left in the 2016 presidential. Seven more days and, barring a last-minute constitutional crisis, this non-stop misery ride will finally be over. How long has it been? Eight? Twelve? Thirteen years? No one really knows any more. All we know is that the 2016 election has done to American democracy what cocaine did to Gary Busey's career, and, much like being stuck in an elevator with Gary Busey, it's hard not to pray for the sweet release of death.

A presidential candidate bragging about sexual assault, a presidential candidate threatening to put is political opponent in jail, dog-whistle racism, actual straight-up racism; it's fair to say we're at a historic low-point in the story of American democracy. If only President Obama could wipe the Internet clean before he leaves office, so we never have to be reminded of this god-awful mess ever again.

All that said, there was one bright light during these dark times: Twitter.com....

http://www.gq.com/story/2016-election-funniest-tweets

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
rob delaney

@robdelaney

People make fun of Ben Carson but he did brain surgery on me in 2006 and I'm here to say that potato chimcham luna pop canoe town fimpy.
3:46 PM - 4 May 2015

:silly:

Silver Pines

The author seems liberal, and some of these are funnier than others, but the article is definitely good for a few laughs.

rob delaney ✔@robdelaney
People make fun of Ben Carson but he did brain surgery on me in 2006 and I'm here to say that potato chimcham luna pop canoe town fimpy.

Silver Pines

rob delaney

@robdelaney

:silly:

Look down there!  LMAO!

Offline sinkspur

Jon Ralston ‏@RalstonReports  20h20 hours ago
"They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, will stop me from being president.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline montanajoe

Dan Reilly ✔ @danreilly11
F*** a wall. America should build a giant mirror to look at itself
9:41 PM - 7 Jul 2016

How true but funny?

On the other hand this one is true and funny

matt aukamp @mattaukamp
One day, Donald Trump is going to look a reporter straight in the eyes on national TV and say "I never ran for President."
3:16 PM - 19 Jul 2016
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 12:12:26 am by montanajoe »

Silver Pines

josh @ruinedpicnic
donald trump looks like the villain in a movie where the hero is a dog
12:29 AM - 29 Aug 2015