Author Topic: David Brooks: Less Educated Will Vote For Trump No Matter What, "Going With Their Gene Pool"  (Read 5955 times)

Offline sinkspur

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/11/05/david_brooks_less_educated_will_vote_for_trump_no_matter_what_just_going_with_their_gene_pool.html

David Brooks: Less Educated Will Vote For Trump No Matter What, "Going With Their Gene Pool"

Posted By Ian Schwartz

On Date November 5, 2016

PBS: In their final Friday political analysis before the election, syndicated columnist Mark Shields and New York Times columnist David Brooks join Judy Woodruff to discuss Hillary Clinton's shrinking lead, the rough language that has pervaded the campaign, the outlook for the congressional power dynamic, a year of 'irresponsibility' in government and prospects for filling the Supreme Court vacancy.

Brooks said the less educated and non-college educated whites are going to vote for Donald Trump no matter what. He added, "people are just going with their gene pool."

Brooks said demographics is the reason why Clinton is making a campaign stop in the state of Michigan, normally a Democratic stronghold, because "there are a lot of white people."

"Basically, less educated or high school-educated whites are going to Trump," Brooks told host Judy Woodruff. "It doesn't matter what the guy does. And college-educated going to Clinton."

"Sometimes, you get the sense that the campaign barely matters," a dejected Brooks said. "People are just going with their gene pool and whatever it is. And that is one of the more depressing aspects of this race for me."

Brooks said Trump is running a campaign of hate and reminisced about then-Senator Obama's campaign of hope. He said Trump has no choice but to end his campaign on a negative note, however said it would be a "very questionable" way for Clinton to end her campaign on.

"It's a campaign of hate," he said of Trump. "Obama is a campaign of at least hope. At least his first campaign was. This is just a campaign of hate. And, you know, people who don't like Trump really don't like Trump. And I guess I'm among them."

Brooks criticized Clinton for not properly campaigning; he said she should have pivoted and campaigned as the candidate for change.

"I do think she should have pivoted and say, I am change, I am change, because people do want some change. And to end on this negative note, I think especially for her -- he has no choice -- that's his whole repertoire," Brooks complained.

Brooks said globalization, the influx of immigrants and feminism "has been really good" for America. "We had a lot of good things over the years that were really good for America," he said. "I think globalization has been really good for America. I think the influx of immigrants has been really good for America. Feminism has been really good for America."

Brooks said he is not sharing who is voting for, leaving it up to the viewer to surmise who he'll pull the lever for. "I can't say who I'm going to vote for, but one person is clearly disqualified for that job," Brooks said at the end of the segment. "And I can't mention his name."

MOre at link
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline starstruck

• Hoping 2018 is a good year
Not a Trump fan here but if a Republican were to say "people are just going with their gene pool." about less educated Latinos and Blacks voting for Clinton wouldn't there be some controversy?
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people�s liberty teeth and keystone under independence. � George Washington

Offline Night Hides Not

Not a Trump fan here but if a Republican were to say "people are just going with their gene pool." about less educated Latinos and Blacks voting for Clinton wouldn't there be some controversy?

Brooks is irrelevant and he knows it...the bitterness just seeps from his corpulent pores.

He would be out of a job if he made any negative inferences towards minority groups voting for Clinton. White people are fodder for all journalistic cannons.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 07:33:13 pm by Night Hides Not »
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline beandog

I'll take my gene pool over Brooks gene pool any day. 

HonestJohn

Isn't that what Republicans *DID* say after the 2008 and 2012 elections?

Offline Frank Cannon

I can't think of a more uneducated person than David Brooks, a man who gets aroused by the crease on Obama's slacks.

Offline DagnyT

less indictonerated maybe
#MAGA

Offline aligncare

I have post graduate degrees.

Go Trump-Pence!

Offline Night Hides Not

Here's a recent photo of Brooks' gene pool:

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
"Brooks said the less educated and non-college educated whites are going to vote for Donald Trump no matter what. He added, "people are just going with their gene pool."

By extension this means that the college-educated superior beings like Brooks will  vote for the superior beings that read the NYT and think he is clever.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@starstruck

Is "some controversy" a $3 way of saying "Race riots and free shopping at Wal-Mart?"

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Go Trump-Pence!

@aligncare

I have fevers.

Online andy58-in-nh

David Brooks has long been the sort of snob whose natural home is among the Harvard/Kennedy School/Yale Law set. Which is to say, among Democrats.

I am no great admirer of Mr. Trump, but one of his better qualities has been his genuine affection for the forgotten and disdained working class American.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline starstruck

• Hoping 2018 is a good year
Isn't that what Republicans *DID* say after the 2008 and 2012 elections?
Name a prominent Republican that said that.
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people�s liberty teeth and keystone under independence. � George Washington

Online roamer_1

I am no great admirer of Mr. Trump, but one of his better qualities has been his genuine affection for the forgotten and disdained working class American.

Nah, it's just one big, gigantic, raging, tailgate party, without a single principled thing in sight.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

Heres a smart Clinton supporter.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Great video of Hillary Clinton Rally

This student is very intelligent, but he isn't sold on Hillary.

http://www.theamericanmirror.com/video-student-introducing-bernie-sanders-clinton-rally-slams-hillary/
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 05:25:15 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
WTH does this even mean? Does he think families vote in a single block for one candidate or the other, or even have the same education or political opinions? This guy is nothing but East cost elitist, ass clown ignorance on display.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 06:04:14 am by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline montanajoe

As some of those amongst us who have post graduate degrees have demonstrated, it is not a lack of education that motivates one to become a Trumpette, seems to be a lack of emotion maturity and a desperate need to belong to anything including a cult of personality....  :shrug:

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
As some of those amongst us who have post graduate degrees have demonstrated, it is not a lack of education that motivates one to become a Trumpette, seems to be a lack of emotion maturity and a desperate need to belong to anything including a cult of personality....  :shrug:

Yup. It seems that there is a relatively small percentage of the population who aren't subject to the social manipulation. The Trump crowd can tell me who supports Trump every day but I still feel no urge to join their popular clique. I'm not in middle school and peer pressure simply doesn't work with me.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
WTH does this even mean? Does he think families vote in a single block for one candidate or the other, or even have the same education or political opinions? This guy is nothing but East cost elitist, ass clown ignorance on display.

Seems to me that even on the conservative side of my family there is no great love for Trump. Some will vote for him but many will not.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Heres a smart Clinton supporter.

We all know she is a loon and a liar,but did she REALLY dress up like that?

BTW,my grandmother was a full-blood Tuscarora. It's a branch of the Mohawk tribe.

Wingnut

No need to get into a who has the biggest sheepskin contest! :whistle:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
 :whistle:
No need to get into a who has the biggest sheepskin contest!

:whistle:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

I suspect his is pretty shallow. LOTS of inbreeding with the northeastern elites.