Author Topic: Kristol: Hillary Will Win, Do Better Than Obama in '12  (Read 1726 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Kristol: Hillary Will Win, Do Better Than Obama in '12
« on: November 04, 2016, 06:32:07 pm »
By Sandy Fitzgerald   |   Friday, 04 Nov 2016 10:30 AM

Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton will defeat GOP nominee Donald Trump in next week's general election by higher numbers than President Barack Obama netted in his second-term bid, Weekly Standard Editor Bill Kristol said Friday.

"I think Hillary Clinton's ahead," Kristol, who has opposed Trump's campaign for several months, told MSNBC's "Morning Joe" program. "I think she'll win by more than Barack Obama won by in 2012, less than he won by in 2008."

Show host Joe Scarborough said he agrees with that assessment, noting that the current election is about change, but people could shy away from Trump because more than half of the nation's voters have said in polls that they think Trump is unfit.

There has been a great deal of talk about there being several hidden Trump voters, with people who do not want to admit they're voting for the GOP nominee, but Kristol said the same thing could be true about Clinton voters.

"I think there's a little more hidden Hillary Clinton voters than Donald Trump voters," Kristol said. Many people are nervous about Trump, including working class white women, said Kristol, but there are also many hidden "upper-class" voters who don't want to admit they support Trump.

The election is a change election, with Obama leaving after his second term, it's not a "radical change" election, pointed out Kristol. Also, he said, many people consider themselves better off now than they were four or eight years ago.

Further, he noted that Obama's approval rating remains over 50 percent, and "that's got to help Hillary a little bit."

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/Bill-Kristol-Hillary-Win/2016/11/04/id/757047/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

HAPPY2BME

Re: Kristol: Hillary Will Win, Do Better Than Obama in '12
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2016, 06:35:22 pm »
what do you expect - it's BILL KRI$TOL!

Offline beandog

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2016, 06:51:23 pm »
I'm putting very little credence in anything Crystal says or anything said on Morning Joke.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2016, 06:53:06 pm »
Oh boy. Here is a guy who really hits it out of the park on predictions. Wasn't he positive that Donny would never make it through the Primaries?

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2016, 07:37:50 pm »
Utterly no evidence to support this assumption. Every bit of evidence shows Clinton doing worse the Obama did in 2012.

Kristol position is fundamentally irrational

Even if Trump is a ho hum President he will not be the absolute corrupt, lawless, incompetent disaster that would be a Hillary Clinton Presidency.

Republics start to die when the Political Elite can get away with ignoring the rule of law. The is no such thing as “just a little lawlessness” in political leadership. Hillary Clinton’s history of wide spread corruption and lawlessness makes her absolutely unfit to hold any office in a Constitutional Republic.

Voters have one final chance to hold the Clinton Crime machine accountable on Nov 8th 2016. Since neither the Press nor the existing Government will hold Hillary to account, voters will have to do it for them.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2016, 07:39:51 pm »
Oh boy. Here is a guy who really hits it out of the park on predictions. Wasn't he positive that Donny would never make it through the Primaries?

I think his prediction will turn out to be correct.  To anybody outside the echo chamber, Trump is recognized as a terrible candidate.  Independents and those who are still undecided will likely break significantly toward Clinton -- even if they think she's bad, too.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 07:40:57 pm by r9etb »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2016, 07:45:02 pm »
I think his prediction will turn out to be correct.  To anybody outside the echo chamber, Trump is recognized as a terrible candidate.  Independents and those who are still undecided will likely break significantly toward Clinton -- even if they think she's bad, too.

Comey blew it.  His letter came about 3 days too early. Now the steam has gone out of that story and polls are returning to mean. 

Reuters/IPSOS poll just released has Hillary back up 5 points.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2016, 07:47:33 pm »

As anybody outside the echo Chamber knows, Clinton is corrupt incompetent disaster waiting to happen.

I think you all are going to be really surprised to discover the USA outside your little self satisfied DC bubble world has much different values then you do.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2016, 07:57:41 pm »
As anybody outside the echo Chamber knows, Clinton is corrupt incompetent disaster waiting to happen.

I think you all are going to be really surprised to discover the USA outside your little self satisfied DC bubble world has much different values then you do.

What values?  Authoritarianism? 

If you still value the Constitution, you can't possibly be for Trump.     
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Oceander

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2016, 08:07:23 pm »

That's rich. A bleep sunk so deep in the koolaid his eyeballs are orange accusing someone else of being in an echo chamber; I suppose a bleep would know how it feels to be in ones own echo chamber. 

Offline r9etb

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2016, 08:19:30 pm »

No shit, son.  One problem with people in your little echo chamber is that they apparently cannot hold more than a single thought in their heads at any given time.

(rolls eyes)  You go right ahead and think that.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 08:19:54 pm by r9etb »

HonestJohn

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2016, 08:20:16 pm »

It's very obvious that the left's trope about Republicans being a bunch of racist Nazis had more than a grain of truth in it.  And they're *PROUD* of it.

It's beyond sick.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2016, 10:01:20 pm »
Sounds about right.

Most Republicans and conservatives came around to Romney in '12 and it still failed.

Now we have a still-sizable opposition to Trump, and for good reason... while the Obama Democratic machine is still there.

Hillary may not be liked, but Democrats never voted on likes, they vote how the bosses tell them to vote.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline LMAO

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2016, 01:29:47 am »

@GAJohnnie

Never assume people's world view is the same as yours. Yes, over half the country doesn't trust her and dislikes her. However, they say the same things about Trump

If Trump wins next week, it'll be only because voters have decided Clinton's corruption beats Trump's unfitness for office.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2016, 01:34:37 am »

Statements like this make me think some of you people aren't all there.    You worry about what Trump will do to the constitution,  yet you have no worries what HILLARY will do to it? 

Out of touch and intent on remaining so. 

Unreal. 
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2016, 01:37:13 am »
It's very obvious that the left's trope about Republicans being a bunch of racist Nazis had more than a grain of truth in it.  And they're *PROUD* of it.

It's beyond sick.

I have a letter addressed to you from Ace of Spades.   You can read it at the link. 

http://ace.mu.nu/archives/366214.php#366214
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2016, 01:40:16 am »
@GAJohnnie

Never assume people's world view is the same as yours. Yes, over half the country doesn't trust her and dislikes her. However, they say the same things about Trump

If Trump wins next week, it'll be only because voters have decided Clinton's corruption beats Trump's unfitness for office.

Clinton's corruption (and unfitness)  does indeed beat Trump's unfitness for office. 

You either have to be ignorant of the pertinent facts,  or an irrational fool to see it otherwise. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline corbe

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2016, 01:44:01 am »

Don't forget the Comey factor, a week ago No one (rationally) saw a pathway for Trump to get 270EV's.

If he loses next week it will be a Colossal FAIL!

The only 'GOOD' thing that can come of this is the death of the Clinton Dynasty.

Unless, of course, Sen. Gillibrand gets knocked off soon, Chelsea could like a phoenix, Rise from the Ashes.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2016, 01:47:28 am »

Clinton's corruption (and unfitness)  does indeed beat Trump's unfitness for office. 

You either have to be ignorant of the pertinent facts,  or an irrational fool to see it otherwise.

@DiogenesLamp

The voters will decide which is worse next week.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2016, 02:00:58 am »
@DiogenesLamp

The voters will decide which is worse next week.

The voters can do anything they like except decide what is objective fact.   Facts do not cave to the whims of the populace.   

I have long objected to the notion that the voters are always right regardless of what they do.  No,  sometimes they are flat out wrong.   

Obama is one such example.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2016, 02:03:10 am »
The voters can do anything they like except decide what is objective fact.   Facts do not cave to the whims of the populace.
Nor do demagogues get to determine what those facts are.   

I have long objected to the notion that the voters are always right regardless of what they do.  No,  sometimes they are flat out wrong.   

Well, on that we agree, anyway.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline LMAO

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2016, 02:04:26 am »

True.

But whatever they decide, we are all bear the consequences of their decisions. Ballot intitiatives come to mind
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 02:05:34 am by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater