Author Topic: Trump Voters ‘Fear Hostility’ From Democrats In Wealthy DC Suburbs  (Read 1129 times)

HAPPY2BME

Steve Birr on November 3, 2016

“This is the time of the year when you’re out in the front yard mulching, and they no longer acknowledge you as they walk their dog by,” Williams told CNS. “I can sure understand anyone not being open with their support of Trump, just because Clinton has done such an effective job of characterizing his supporters as deplorable bigots and racists or dead-enders.”

“I could never put a Trump sign in my yard because I fear the hostility that Hillary supporters have for him,” Molly Morris, a resident from Chevy Chase, Maryland, told CNS. “It’s raw. I thought about it, but we are on a major road and I thought somebody might do something to our house. I didn’t want to risk it. I would, if I felt safe.”

http://dailycallernewsfoundation.org/2016/11/03/trump-voters-fear-hostility-from-democrats-in-wealthy-dc-suburbs/

HAPPY2BME

Re: Trump Voters ‘Fear Hostility’ From Democrats In Wealthy DC Suburbs
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2016, 01:12:57 pm »
Clinton has done such an effective job of characterizing his supporters as deplorable bigots and racists or dead-enders

======================

Take out the name 'Clinton' and insert any one of your favorite #NeverTrumper$ and you've got it.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2016, 01:18:00 pm »
======================

Take out the name 'Clinton' and insert any one of your favorite #NeverTrumper$ and you've got it.

Assange is a lot smarter than your average NeverTrumper

Offline chae

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2016, 01:19:19 pm »
Considering it's Trump supporters calling for any one who isn't sufficiently enthusiastic about him to be shot for treason, and making threats, I have trouble taking this seriously.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2016, 01:35:07 pm »
Wow! The feds should be investigating these hate crimes!!!!!

Residents who plan to vote for Trump say they are afraid to put out lawn signs or vocalize their support due to resentment and judgement from neighbors, according to analysis by Capital News Service.

AFRAID TO PUT OUT YARD SIGNS BECAUSE THEY MIGHT NOT BE INVITED TO THE NEXT DINNER PARTY!!!! DEAR GOD!!!!

“This is the time of the year when you’re out in the front yard mulching, and they no longer acknowledge you as they walk their dog by,” Williams told CNS. “I can sure understand anyone not being open with their support of Trump, just because Clinton has done such an effective job of characterizing his supporters as deplorable bigots and racists or dead-enders.”

THE HORROR!!!! THE HORROR!!!!

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2016, 03:15:53 pm »
I never put political signs of any sort out front. For one thing I live in Massachusetts, but it just invites people to do crap like keying your car, etc. etc.

Not worth it. It won't convince anyone anyway.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2016, 03:23:35 pm »

You just destroyed what little respect you deserve on TBR for the above comment. Please define "average NeverTrumper", if only to differentiate it from the "average Trumper" who is widely acknowledged to be less educated.

ETA: as far as the "average NeverTrumper", I can only opine they resemble my life experiences, to include 8 years in the Army, a BBA and a masters degree, and financial experience in the private and public sectors to include preparing federal and state income tax returns for publicly traded companies.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 03:26:17 pm by Night Hides Not »
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2016, 04:01:59 pm »
You just destroyed what little respect you deserve on TBR for the above comment. Please define "average NeverTrumper", if only to differentiate it from the "average Trumper" who is widely acknowledged to be less educated.

ETA: as far as the "average NeverTrumper", I can only opine they resemble my life experiences, to include 8 years in the Army, a BBA and a masters degree, and financial experience in the private and public sectors to include preparing federal and state income tax returns for publicly traded companies.

I suspect that the most rabid handful of pro Trump posters are just days or weeks from their final posts here as they will be at TOS.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2016, 04:05:14 pm »

Assange is a criminal.  And a wild-assed conspiracy theorist.  No wonder you respect him.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2016, 04:20:24 pm »
Assange is a criminal.  And a wild-assed conspiracy theorist.  No wonder you respect him.

Just one more leftist they're adding to their list of leftist heroes.

Offline beandog

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2016, 04:43:45 pm »
I believe this.  I lived in Bethesda, MD for 26 years until moving here a year ago.  When I would put out Republican signs people wouldn't let their kids Trick or Treat at our house.  They would walk by us to the next house.  These are people that knew us.  I didn't care though.  Won't let people intimidate me.