Author Topic: Woman sues to stop presidential election and impose Obama third term  (Read 1650 times)

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
'I was just waiting for an OK from God': Buffalo woman sues to stop presidential election

by Harold McNeil
November 4, 2016

http://buffalonews.com/2016/11/04/buffalo-woman-files-suit-stop-presidential-election-saying-neither-qualified/?utm_campaign=puma&utm_medium=social&utm_source=Twitter#link_time=1478260348

Louise K. Nolley of Buffalo is trying to stop the presidential election from happening on Tuesday.

In a lawsuit she filed this week in federal court in Buffalo, Nolley contends that neither Donald Trump nor Hillary Clinton is suitably qualified for the office. She requests the election be postponed until such time as more worthy candidates can be drafted to run.

“Neither of the candidates running for the Presidential seat shows that they can handle the position,” her lawsuit states, adding that “the character of both candidates falls far below” the standards needed.

Nolley said she is hopeful that President Obama can be persuaded to remain in office, possibly for a third full term which, of course, would be a violation of the 22nd Amendment to the Constitution that limits presidents to only two terms.

(excerpt)
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: Woman sues to stop presidential election and impose Obama third term
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2016, 12:40:32 pm »
She can sue until the cows come home. Obama's term ends on January 20th. Even if the election doesn't go forward, then on that date, Presidential succession rules go into place. As Obama and Biden's terms will have ended, succession would then go to Paul Ryan as Speaker of the House.

Be careful what you wish for lady.

Online libertybele

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2016, 12:53:19 pm »
She can sue until the cows come home. Obama's term ends on January 20th. Even if the election doesn't go forward, then on that date, Presidential succession rules go into place. As Obama and Biden's terms will have ended, succession would then go to Paul Ryan as Speaker of the House.

Be careful what you wish for lady.

I'm not so sure that Presidential succession would apply to the scenario of the election not going forward under the Constitution nor under the Presidential Succession Act.  An election not going forward has never happened.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presidential_Succession_Act
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2016, 12:55:59 pm »
I'm not so sure that Presidential succession would apply to the scenario of the election not going forward under the Constitution nor under the Presidential Succession Act.  An election not going forward has never happened.

The way I'm reading this (and it is just an opinion because like you said, it has never happened) is that as of January 20th, if he electors didn't meet to vote, then no candidate is qualified and the House chooses the President (12th Amendment), with no qualified candidate sitting in office, then the succession act would provide a temporary replacement until the House decides.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2016, 12:59:47 pm »
It sounds like she filed the lawsuit on a McDonalds napkin written out on crayon.

Online libertybele

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2016, 01:09:22 pm »
It sounds like she filed the lawsuit on a McDonalds napkin written out on crayon.

Without a doubt she seems like a Whack-a-doo,  but I find the scenario interesting. According to Wikipedia ...

..."In cases where a president has not been chosen by January 20 or the president-elect "fails to qualify," the vice president-elect becomes acting president on January 20 until there is a qualified president. If the president-elect dies before noon January 20, the Twentieth Amendment states the vice president-elect becomes president. In cases where there is no president-elect or vice president-elect, the amendment also gives the Congress the authority to declare an acting president until such time as there is a president or vice president. At this point the Presidential Succession Act of 1947 would apply, with the office of the Presidency going to the speaker of the House of Representatives, followed by the president pro tempore of the Senate and various Cabinet officers.

So Abraxas, I think you are correct.  In this scenario Ryan would become president.  I'd much rather have him than either Trump or Clinton.  He may be a RINO but I don't think he borders on creepy and insane like Trump nor criminal like Clinton.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/President-elect_of_the_United_States
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline chae

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2016, 01:21:55 pm »
It's sad when we are at the point where it's "Is he totally corrupt? No.  Does he have an admitted history of sexual assault?  No.  Ok, then we're good."

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2016, 02:06:35 pm »
What astounds me is that the court has allowed this case to be heard and brought forward. Any sane judge would have thrown this out the moment it reached the desk.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2016, 02:10:40 pm »
If you want a good laugh, google her... 000hehehehe
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2016, 02:32:21 pm »
If you want a good laugh, google her... 000hehehehe
I just did, and this very page was on the second page of results.

Movin’ on up!

Offline Applewood

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2016, 02:51:59 pm »
What astounds me is that the court has allowed this case to be heard and brought forward. Any sane judge would have thrown this out the moment it reached the desk.

These days, the courts have to entertain frivolous lawsuits.  Otherwise, judges can be sued for bias and whatever else unscrupulous plaintiffs and their attorneys think of. 

There was an attorney in western PA who would sue almost every other week.  As far as I could tell, his only client was himself.  Once he sued a dentist client of the firm I worked for because he experienced pain resulting from a root canal.  A judge dismissed his case as frivolous, whereupon the attorney sued the judge.  The attorney ultimately ended up with a settlement.  That's how he made any money.  He would bury defendants in so much paper,  they would give up and offer him money to go away. 

I suppose this woman, if she's not looking for money, is just looking for her 15 minutes of fame.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2016, 03:40:05 pm »
We need  loser pays so bad.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2016, 03:42:01 pm »

Yes, it would.  The president is currently limited to two terms in office.  Period.

IF there is no president on 20 January, then the Speaker of the House would become president.