Author Topic: Casting notice goes out for new 'up-and-coming' conservative news network  (Read 1475 times)

Offline sinkspur

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/11/03/casting-notice-goes-out-for-new-up-and-coming-conservative-news-network.html

Casting notice goes out for new 'up-and-coming' conservative news network

By Nick Kalman 
Published November 03, 2016  FoxNews.com

Donald Trump denies he is interested in launching a new conservative news venture, but somebody sure is.

What's being billed as an "up-and-coming conservative media network currently in development" is now scouring for hosts, reporters and right-leaning, well-spoken panelists, according to a brand new casting notice obtained Wednesday evening by Fox News.

The notice goes on to say the on-air talent the network wants "must be knowledgeable about conservative viewpoints, current events and the presidential election," adding applicants must also "look upscale and intelligent," and should be "outspoken and energetic."

Auditions are being held at an undisclosed New York City studio on Nov. 7, the eve of Election Day.

While the casting call doesn't identify any specific employer, it does suggest initial programming will be streamed on the internet, infrastructure the Trump campaign has already set up through its Facebook live feed where aides have been broadcasting events and counter news programming.

Fox News reached out to the Trump campaign for comment, but none was given as of late Wednesday. 

Back in September, The Financial Times first reported that Trump's son in law Jared Kushner had started exploring the idea of launching a video-based media company after the election to capitalize on the Trump political movement.

Trump himself shot down the idea, telling the Washington Post last month, "I want to win the presidency and I want to make America great again. It's very simple. I have no interest in a media company."
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline r9etb

Re: Casting notice goes out for new 'up-and-coming' conservative news network
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2016, 03:54:43 pm »
What's being billed as an "up-and-coming conservative media network currently in development" is now scouring for hosts, reporters and right-leaning, well-spoken panelists, according to a brand new casting notice obtained Wednesday evening by Fox News.

Ugh.  Just what we need -- another news outlet with a political filter.

What the world really needs is a Misanthropic News Network, staffed by knowledgeable reporters who hate everybody, especially politicians, and who are willing to follow and report a story wherever the slime trail takes them.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 03:55:28 pm by r9etb »

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2016, 03:55:25 pm »
Where did we hear about this before? Oh yea, right here.

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2016, 03:58:20 pm »
"Mr. Hannity.... Steve Bannon is waiting for you on line 2...."
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2016, 04:06:55 pm »
Cheri Jacobus ‏@CheriJacobus  2h2 hours ago
@davidfolkenflik @FoxNews tight low-cut dresses, willingness to "date" the right people but no actual political experience required, right?

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2016, 04:08:02 pm »
Applicants must "appear intelligent and upscale."

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2016, 04:41:09 pm »
How come 'Conservative Media' always comes out of NYC or the Left Coast?  **nononono* **nononono* **nononono*

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2016, 04:55:58 pm »
How come 'Conservative Media' always comes out of NYC or the Left Coast?  **nononono* **nononono* **nononono*
That is where the capital markets, advertising, PR, and broadcast networks are largely located. Deep within enemy territory, so to speak.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2016, 05:28:33 pm »

That's where all media comes from. Just like most technology hubs are around San Francisco, Portland, and Austin. Some industries need a broader support network.

Offline corbe

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2016, 05:34:32 pm »
   This women will 'probably' not be on the Donald's Casting Couch!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDBOwPORHGU
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2016, 05:46:03 pm »
That is where the capital markets, advertising, PR, and broadcast networks are largely located. Deep within enemy territory, so to speak.

That's where all media comes from. Just like most technology hubs are around San Francisco, Portland, and Austin. Some industries need a broader support network.

Nah. It's a friggin news room, not a movie. Talk radio needs all that crap? Nah. I can stream that right from my basement (I know it, because I've done it).

It's just BigMedia controlling the message. It ain't a new thing - Have you ever wondered that the Word of God is only available in the languages of the beast-countries noted in prophecy? Same thing.

S'alright. I pay it all no mind at all - Just amazes me how many do.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2016, 05:59:59 pm »
I'm not sure if Donny is fully involved in this new network but I am damn sure Steve Bannon is. This has his fingerprints all over it.

BTW, I think it will totally fail if they go through with it. Newsmax tried this and it is failing because this void has been already filled.

Offline Blizzardnh

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2016, 06:03:10 pm »
"Mr. Hannity.... Steve Bannon is waiting for you on line 2...."
He'll be setting up a tent at the door.

Offline corbe

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2016, 06:21:04 pm »
The notice goes on to say the on-air talent the network wants "must be knowledgeable about conservative viewpoints, current events and the presidential election,"

This pretty much precludes the Donald AND his siblings from being any such 'on air' personality in his network.

I'd bet trump could pick up the Blaze pretty cheap, just use mark Cubans money, run it into the ground then file bankruptcy, standard MO for this charlatan.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Oceander

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2016, 06:38:00 pm »
Ugh.  Just what we need -- another news outlet with a political filter.

What the world really needs is a Misanthropic News Network, staffed by knowledgeable reporters who hate everybody, especially politicians, and who are willing to follow and report a story wherever the slime trail takes them.

I like it.  The MNN.

geronl

« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2016, 06:48:41 pm »
Nothing about Trump and his supporters are conservative

Oceander

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2016, 06:49:52 pm »
Nothing about Trump and his supporters are conservative

Of course.  But that wouldn't stop them from saying they were.  After all, that's how they managed to con their way to the nomination. 

Offline rodamala

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2016, 06:27:57 pm »
Starbucks is also hiring "baristas".