Author Topic: Left emboldened for post-Obama era  (Read 395 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Left emboldened for post-Obama era
« on: November 03, 2016, 01:22:35 pm »
 By Mike Lillis - 11/03/16 06:00 AM EDT

Liberals on and off of Capitol Hill are increasingly confident they have the political clout and congressional firepower to advance their favored policies in 2017.

Figures on the left were frequently exasperated with President Obama, particularly during his early years in office, for what they saw as a misguided, “post-partisan” approach to seeking deals with Republicans.

They're warning that Hillary Clinton, should she ascend to the White House, would struggle to win reelection if she took the same tack. 

“We're hoping that she will be smart enough to know that if she were to go that route … there's going to be a political price to pay for it, because it will demoralize her base heading into 2018 and, honestly, it may even jeopardize 2020,” said Murshed Zaheed, political director of CREDO, a liberal advocacy group.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/304089-left-emboldened-for-post-obama-era
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
Re: Left emboldened for post-Obama era
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2016, 08:56:32 pm »
So they're saying they plan to go full-on fascist if Clinton gets elected?  Good to know.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline LMAO

Re: Left emboldened for post-Obama era
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2016, 12:53:45 am »
It's too bad they don't consider our fiscal situation at all in this.

I suppose we can print all the money we need for their agenda
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy