Author Topic: Ted Cruz to Campaign with Gov. Mike Pence for Trump-Pence Ticket in Iowa, Michigan  (Read 1961 times)

HAPPY2BME

by Michelle Moons
2 Nov 2016

Former presidential candidate Sen. Ted Cruz will be campaigning with Republican vice presidential nominee Gov. Mike Pence at Iowa and Michigan rallies for the Trump-Pence ticket on Thursday.

Cruz will be delivering remarks at the rallies, according to Pence campaign officials.

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/11/02/ted-cruz-to-campaign-with-gov-mike-pence-for-trump-pence-ticket-in-iowa-michigan/

HAPPY2BME

didn't any one here remember to call ted and warn him he's campaigning for a child rapist?

Online DB

didn't any one here remember to call ted and warn him he's campaigning for a child rapist?

Well according to you he's lying Ted. So this is just more lies, right?

Offline aligncare

I heard where Tim Kaine yesterday drew 15-30 people at a college in Iowa. That campaign got no legs. The media carries it on its back.

Offline Jewbacca

• All Wookies Are Jewish
by Michelle Moons
2 Nov 2016

Former presidential candidate Sen. Ted Cruz will be campaigning with Republican vice presidential nominee Gov. Mike Pence at Iowa and Michigan rallies for the Trump-Pence ticket on Thursday.

Cruz will be delivering remarks at the rallies, according to Pence campaign officials.

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/11/02/ted-cruz-to-campaign-with-gov-mike-pence-for-trump-pence-ticket-in-iowa-michigan/

Pence was a supporter of Cruz until the bitter end.  He's a good man, and deserves support.
The residents of Iroquois Territory shall not determine if Jews may  live in Jerusalem.

Online corbe

Maybe Sen. Cruz is onto something and HE's 'vetting' Gov. Pence.   The US senate does pick the Vice President if trump collapses and McMullin takes Utah.

Otherwise, I'm not fond of this but who am I to second guess this Man.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Longmire

Pence was a supporter of Cruz until the bitter end. 

Right up until he agreed to run on the Trump ticket... :laugh:

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
   Maybe Sen. Cruz is onto something and HE's 'vetting' Gov. Pence.   The US senate does pick the Vice President if trump collapses and McMullin takes Utah.

Otherwise, I'm not fond of this but who am I to second guess this Man.
Pence doesn't need Cruz's or your vetting.

I must respond to this insult to Pence, Pence has more pro-life accomplishments then Cruz, clearly more than McMullin whom comment on the pro-life movement are non-existent before this year, Romney's pro-life status is questionable as well.

So, if you are a pro-choicer, sure, McMullin is one's choice and voting for McMullin promotes the abortion agenda.

Pence has done more on social issues, than Romney, Cruz, Paul and McMullin put all together.

Online corbe

Oh Yea, Spine of STEEL   /s

Gov. Pence signs revised Indiana religious freedom bill into law

By Wesley Lowery

April 2, 2015  

Indiana Gov. Mike Pence (R) on Thursday afternoon signed into law a revised version of a controversial religious freedom bill, that included new language to clarify that businesses and service providers cannot use the legislation as a justification to discriminate based on a client’s sexual orientation.

The original Religious Freedom Restoration Act came under fire nationally, with critics contending that it could allow businesses to refuse to serve gay and lesbian patrons. Under scrutiny, Pence asked that the language of the bill be clarified, and lawmakers unveiled new language on Thursday morning that explicitly stated that no “provider…may deny service to anyone on basis of sexual orientation, race, religion or disability.”

In signing the revised bill, which was approved by the legislature on Thursday, Pence continued to argue that there had been a misunderstanding about the bill’s intent.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2015/04/02/gov-pence-signs-revised-indiana-religious-freedom-bill-into-law/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

geronl

Ted Cruz has a lost a ton of respect

Offline Jewbacca

• All Wookies Are Jewish
Ted Cruz has a lost a ton of respect

Maybe.  But Hillary is so bad, reasonable people can get drunk enough to support Trump.
The residents of Iroquois Territory shall not determine if Jews may  live in Jerusalem.

geronl

Maybe.  But Hillary is so bad, reasonable people can get drunk enough to support Trump.

Nope. There is nothing reasonable about voting for Trump.

Online corbe

Stumping with Pence, Cruz doesn't directly boost Trump

In his first public appearance on behalf of his party's presidential ticket, Ted Cruz stopped far short of making an unambiguous pitch for Donald Trump, his former bitter rival in the primaries. 

by Patrick Svitek  Nov. 3, 2016  11:17 AM 

Former Republican U.S. presidential candidate Ted Cruz arrives to speak during the third night of the Republican National Convention in Cleveland, Ohio on July 20, 2016. Former Republican U.S. presidential candidate Ted Cruz arrives to speak during the third night of the Republican National Convention in Cleveland, Ohio on July 20, 2016.

Former Republican U.S. presidential candidate Ted Cruz arrives to speak during the third night of the Republican National Convention in Cleveland, Ohio on July 20, 2016.   Brian Snyder/REUTERS

Sen.Cruz made his first public appearance Thursday on behalf of his party's presidential ticket, speaking at length about the stakes of the election and trumpeting Mike Pence — but voicing no direct support for Donald Trump.

"We're going to keep Republican control of the Senate and we're going to defeat Hillary Clinton in this presidential election," Cruz said at a Pence rally in Iowa, one of several moments where Cruz stopped far short of making an unambiguous pitch for Trump, his former bitter rival in the primaries.

Cruz's relationship with the Trump-Pence ticket has been complicated, even after he finally backed the GOP nominee in September. Before that, Cruz withheld his support for months, including during a primetime speech at the Republican National Convention.

On Thursday, Cruz returned to the state where he first bested Trump in the nominating process, appearing with Pence, the Indiana governor who initially endorsed Cruz. At the Iowa rally, Cruz heaped praise on Pence, calling him "someone who today I call my friend and I very much look forward to calling Mr. Vice President."

That was about as direct as Cruz's remarks on the Trump-Pence team got. He otherwise spent most of his speech reiterating what he sees as critical issues in the election while exalting the need for Republicans in general to prevail Tuesday.

https://www.texastribune.org/2016/11/03/stumping-pence-cruz-doesnt-directly-boost-trump/

geronl

Stumping with Pence puts it over the top for me.

We need to primary all Republicans that support Trump. Every last one of them needs to be out of politics.

Offline ExFreeper

• USAF 1975-87
"A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself." - Milton Friedman

Online corbe

Ted Cruz to the Media: Yes I voted for Donald Trump!    **nononono*

http://videos.files.wordpress.com/Bx8G0V0x/ted-cruz-i-voted-for-trump_dvd.mp4

Online corbe

I can just imagine how ecstatic you are @HAPPY2BME to learn that your Man finally has the 'endorsement' of a Canadian-Latino, immigrant-hating White Southern Supremacist.

Congratulations are in order.

Offline aligncare

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khxOoARNl_g

Thanks for posting that. Another meme (used to be called an old fashioned lie) knocked down.

But, you know, it's disappointing to find so many false stories spread across the pages of TBR.  **nononono*

Online libertybele

Oh no! Cruz actually voted his conscious AND is doing what he can to DEFEAT Clinton.  Wow. That's pretty shameful!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

HAPPY2BME

Ted Cruz in Iowa: ‘I’m Here Campaigning for Donald Trump, for Mike Pence’

by Michelle Moons
3 Nov 2016
Des Moines, IA

What Cruz did say, in part, was, “If you care about the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, if you care about free speech and religious liberty and the Second Amendment, then this election, putting a Republican in the White House and keeping a Republican Senate, is the whole enchilada. We are one liberal [Supreme Court] Justice away from losing our constitutional rights.”

HAPPY2BME

I’m here campaigning for Donald Trump, for Mike Pence.

I recognize some of you guys are wanting to write stories suggesting divisions among Republicans. I’ll make a point, I’m getting ready to get on a gigantic airplane that has Donald Trump’s name painted on the side of it.

On Monday of this week I voted for Donald Trump. I voted for Mike Pence and I’ll tell you, we’re just a few days away from election day and I’m doing everything I can to defeat Hillary Clinton. Hillary Clinton would be an absolute disaster as president. I’m doing everything I can to keep a Republican majority in the Senate.

As Mike pointed out I think there are many issues front and center in this election, but none is more important than the U.S. Supreme Court.

Offline skeeter

Oh no! Cruz actually voted his conscious AND is doing what he can to DEFEAT Clinton.  Wow. That's pretty shameful!

I'm afraid some people are losing sight of what the ultimate objective is here.

At least, what I thought was our objective - doing whatever necessary to prevent the progressive kleptocrats from completing their takeover.

Thank God for Cruz. Wish we had a dozen more just like him.

Online corbe

The closest thing Ted got to any Endorsement today was (paraphrasing) "I'm in THIS Plane with Trump/Pence painted on the side, ain't I?"

It isn't what you want to believe it is.

He's between a Rock and a Hard Spot, and in the 'Art of the Deal' Fashion negotiated his best deal Pence only and no mention of that NY liberal.   

He' got 2 years with the help of a few allies to fight Trump or Clinton's Liberal Agenda in the Senate.

He will overcome you and among others @sinkspur , fears.

IMHO

Offline Longmire

@corbe ...Cruz mentioned Trump by name at the next campaign stop in Michigan.

That's right... Ted Cruz is now CAMPAIGNING for Donald Trump!  :tongue2: