Author Topic: Cancer survivor receives world's first 3-D printed face prosthesis  (Read 488 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
A 54-year-old man whose face was ravaged by a tumor has been given the first-ever face prosthesis created with 3D printing technology.

Carlito Conceiao, of Sao Paulo, Brazil, was diagnosed with upper maxillary carcinoma in 2008, an aggressive mouth cancer that damaged his throat and destroyed facial tissue. Doctors operated before it spread to his brain but the life-saving surgery left a giant hole in his face.

In order to get rid of the tumor, doctors had to remove Conceiao’s right eye socket and part of his nose.

“I lost all my confidence and fell into a deep depression,” the married father-of-two told Caters News.

Following his surgery, Conceiao was fitted with a different prosthesis, but said it was poor quality and kept falling off.

“I felt totally disfigured and looked terrible,” he said.

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2016/11/02/cancer-survivor-receives-worlds-first-3-d-printed-face-prosthesis.html
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum