Author Topic: Florida poll: 28 percent of GOP early voters picked Clinton  (Read 1480 times)

geronl

Florida poll: 28 percent of GOP early voters picked Clinton
« on: November 02, 2016, 07:10:24 pm »
Florida poll: 28 percent of GOP early voters picked Clinton

More than a quarter of Republicans who have already voted in Florida cast their ballots for Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton, according to a new poll.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/poll-florida-republicans-vote-for-hillary-clinton

Maybe this election really is over already. @AbaraXas @sinkspur

Offline libertybele

Re: Florida poll: 28 percent of GOP early voters picked Clinton
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2016, 08:13:54 pm »
28%??  Another way to look at the figure is, almost 72% of early voters didn't pick Clinton or almost 3/4 of those voting didn't vote for Clinton.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

geronl

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2016, 08:19:32 pm »
28%??  Another way to look at the figure is, almost 72% of early voters didn't pick Clinton or almost 3/4 of those voting didn't vote for Clinton.

28% of REPUBLICANS!

Offline beandog

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2016, 08:49:57 pm »
28% of REPUBLICANS!
Turns out there's a lot of idiots in the republican party.

geronl

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2016, 08:54:44 pm »
Turns out there's a lot of idiots in the republican party.

Yep, some are actually voting for Trump or Hillary

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2016, 09:29:48 pm »
Might want to check you source. This is based on a tweet by a Clinton Campaign pollster about a Clinton paid for poll. They have no way to know how voters voted. Might want to actually read the story and think about its credibility rather then just rush out to repeat every bit of Clinton Campaign propaganda you hear.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2016, 09:40:00 pm »

Anything this particular OP posts should be taken with a barrel of salt.

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2016, 09:52:36 pm »
I'll admit going in that I haven't read the article, but I have to question this just on logic.  How was this poll taken?  What guarantees are there that the respondents were actually early voters?  Even if that's true, how were they determined to be representative of the whole of early voters?  Was this just a snapshot of early voters on one or two days, or were they actual exit polls all during the early voting period?  Frankly, I have serious doubts that any polling procedure could get an accurate read on early voting results.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2016, 09:58:03 pm »
28% of REPUBLICANS!

My bad.  I read the headline much too quickly.   :blonde:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2016, 01:44:02 am »
We can't know for sure until the 8th.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2016, 03:39:19 am »
If this is accurate then it just serves as further proof of the utter destruction Trump has wrought on the GOP in less than two years.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2016, 03:48:39 am »
Might want to check you source. This is based on a tweet by a Clinton Campaign pollster about a Clinton paid for poll. They have no way to know how voters voted. Might want to actually read the story and think about its credibility rather then just rush out to repeat every bit of Clinton Campaign propaganda you hear.

And of course you can provide a link to back this up?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Oceander

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2016, 03:54:27 am »
For comparison' sake, when the 2000 election was over, just 9% of registered republicans who voted, voted for Al Gore.  91% voted for Bush:  http://ropercenter.cornell.edu/polls/us-elections/how-groups-voted/how-groups-voted-2000/

Similar number for Obama in 2008:  http://ropercenter.cornell.edu/polls/us-elections/how-groups-voted/how-groups-voted-2008/

In 2004, just 6% of republicans who voted did so for Kerry:  http://ropercenter.cornell.edu/polls/us-elections/how-groups-voted/how-groups-voted-2004/

Similar number for Obama in 2012:  http://ropercenter.cornell.edu/polls/us-elections/how-groups-voted/how-groups-voted-2012/

In 1996 13% of republicans who voted, voted for Clinton:  http://ropercenter.cornell.edu/polls/us-elections/how-groups-voted/how-groups-voted-1996/

In 1992 10%:  http://ropercenter.cornell.edu/polls/us-elections/how-groups-voted/how-groups-voted-1992/

In context, 28% voting for Clinton does not look too appealing.

geronl

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2016, 04:31:25 am »
If this is accurate then it just serves as further proof of the utter destruction Trump has wrought on the GOP in less than two years.

If the number is even half of what this polling survey says, then Trump gets curb stomped

geronl

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2016, 04:32:32 am »
I'll admit going in that I haven't read the article, but I have to question this just on logic.  How was this poll taken?  What guarantees are there that the respondents were actually early voters?  Even if that's true, how were they determined to be representative of the whole of early voters?  Was this just a snapshot of early voters on one or two days, or were they actual exit polls all during the early voting period?  Frankly, I have serious doubts that any polling procedure could get an accurate read on early voting results.

They have been doing this poll question for a good number of elections