Author Topic: Paul Ryan: 'Republicans need to come home' on Trump.  (Read 1018 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Paul Ryan: 'Republicans need to come home' on Trump.
« on: November 02, 2016, 03:59:12 pm »
 (CNN)House Speaker Paul Ryan on Wednesday urged Republicans to vote for their party's candidates -- including the GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump -- in what could be his final pitch before Election Day.
"Republicans need to come home," Ryan said during an interview with conservative radio host Hugh Hewitt. "Republicans need to vote."

Ryan confirmed this week that he cast an early vote for Trump in Wisconsin, warning that a Hillary Clinton presidency would bring a torrent of scandals and investigations.

But Ryan's recent expressions of support for the real estate mogul mark something of a change...

Read more at: http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/02/politics/paul-ryan-republicans-come-home-donald-trump/index.html
The Republic is lost.

HAPPY2BME

Re: Paul Ryan: 'Republicans need to come home' on Trump.
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2016, 04:19:43 pm »
Ryan is the epitome of neocon hypocrisy.

His days as speaker are numbered.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2016, 04:20:55 pm »

I agree. Ryan supporting Donny like this will get him thrown out of the Speakership.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2016, 04:23:19 pm »

That's wishful thinking.  There is simply nobody on the horizon who has enough support to take his place, plus most House members like him and will vote to retain him as Speaker. 

Your hatred of Ryan is noted, but you don't get a vote in the Speakership.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2016, 04:43:04 pm »

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2016, 04:46:29 pm »
If anything gets me to change my mind at the 11th hour about Trump,  it's ObamaCare.   It simply has to be fixed, and I know damn well that Clinton will only make it worse.     
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Taxcontrol

• "Stupid should hurt" - Dad's wisdom
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2016, 04:46:50 pm »
(CNN)House Speaker Paul Ryan on Wednesday urged Republicans to vote for their party's candidates

I am no longer affiliated with the Republican party.  This year's convention and candidate have finally convinced me that the Republican party is no longer the party for conservatives.  I have always been a conservative.  As such, I switched to the Constitution Party and will vote for my candidates first, and Republicans second.

To Republicans - you ran me off along with other conservatives.  Your candidate's operatives are talking about purging conservatives from the party.  Now you whine that we need to come back.  Not going to happen.

Offline Taxcontrol

• "Stupid should hurt" - Dad's wisdom
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2016, 04:48:27 pm »
If anything gets me to change my mind at the 11th hour about Trump,  it's ObamaCare.   It simply has to be fixed, and I know damn well that Clinton will only make it worse.   

Obamacare can't be fixed - period.
Neither can Hillarycare, or Romneycare or even Trumpcare.  Government involvement in health care needs to STOP.  Repeal and do not replace.  End it, kill it and assign it to the dustbin of history.

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2016, 04:49:34 pm »
I am no longer affiliated with the Republican party.  This year's convention and candidate have finally convinced me that the Republican party is no longer the party for conservatives.  I have always been a conservative.  As such, I switched to the Constitution Party and will vote for my candidates first, and Republicans second.

To Republicans - you ran me off along with other conservatives.  Your candidate's operatives are talking about purging conservatives from the party.  Now you whine that we need to come back.  Not going to happen.

=======================

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dom6exBR-q8

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2016, 04:57:37 pm »
Bush, Dole, Bushx2, McCain, Romney, Trump.

Come "home"?  To what?

My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online libertybele

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2016, 04:58:27 pm »
Cruz came up with a plan to replace Bammycare over a year ago.

http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/234499-cruz-unveils-obamacare-alternative
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2016, 04:58:43 pm »
Neither can Hillarycare, or Romneycare or even Trumpcare.  Government involvement in health care needs to STOP.  Repeal and do not replace.  End it, kill it and assign it to the dustbin of history.

You're dreaming.  The government has traditionally been involved in regulating the business of insurance.   But you're right - government regulation of health care financing (that is, health care insurance) should have as little impact as possible on the doctor-patient relationship.   

As for how to fix ObamaCare consistent with conservative principles,  you don't seem willing to listen but I've posted my ideas on the subject before. 

Some easy fixes,  from someone who's written a book on the subject:   

Get rid of the employer mandate.   People can only afford health care if they're working full time.

Allow real competition in the ACA exchanges, not just as to copays and deductibles for gold-plated coverage,  but also options for more limited coverage including catastrophic-only coverage.   

Allow insurers more latitude to price policies based on age  (the current 3 to 1 ratio forces the young to subsidize the old,  and the cost of coverage causes many young people, quite rationally, to decline coverage).   

Encourage simple employer health reimbursement accounts to allow employees to purchase individual health coverage in the ACA exchanges.   That's the single most effective means for getting younger lives into the individual insurance marketplace and curbing the current premium death spiral.  It also lets employers get out of the health insurance business and get back to making widgets. 

DON'T mandate, as many conservatives want,  competition across state lines.  The states should retain their traditional sovereignty to regulate the insurance marketplace.   But at the same time, free up the states to allow less costly, less comprehensive options in their ACA exchanges.   

And, of course, the no-brainer  -  medical malpractice/tort reform.     
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 05:01:23 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online Hoodat

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2016, 05:16:09 pm »
I agree. Ryan supporting Donny like this will get him thrown out of the Speakership.

I see what you did there.

On a side note, have you ever known anyone who isn't a Democrat use the term 'neocon' before?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2016, 05:17:45 pm »
Paul Ryan: 'Republicans need to come home' on Trump.

Perhaps Trump should come home to being a Conservative first.

#NeverLiberal
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online LMAO

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2016, 05:18:41 pm »

goopo

There's no avoiding the law of economics
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Hoodat

« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2016, 05:18:48 pm »

You are speaking my language.  Well done!

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

geronl

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2016, 05:23:37 pm »
Conservatives need to turn and run away from Trump