Author Topic: In Pennsylvania, Trumps Protectionism Lures Blue-Collar Democrats  (Read 447 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Amid the uproar of last-minute scandals and intrigue coming out of Washington in the final days before the presidential election, a quieter but equally important battle is underway in what wasn’t supposed to be a battleground state this election cycle: Pennsylvania.

Although Pennsylvania was a contested state from 1976 until 2004, it has voted Democratic in every presidential election since 1992, and until recently, it looked like 2016 would see that trend continue. Even now, every major poll shows Hillary Clinton with at least a couple of percentage-points lead on Donald Trump coming into the final week of the election. Some polls have Clinton up by as much as 11 points.

But all is not quite as it seems. Despite Clinton’s advantage in the polls, the race in Pennsylvania—with its 20 Electoral College votes at stake—is closer than it appears. Shifting party allegiances, concurrent with broad changes across the electorate, have put the Keystone State into play. As of this writing, Nate Silver at FiveThirtyEight pegged Pennsylvania at no. 2 on its list of “tipping point” states (defined as the probability that a state will provide the decisive vote in the Electoral College). Because there’s no early voting in Pennsylvania, we won’t know until voters cast their ballots next Tuesday...

Read more at: http://thefederalist.com/2016/11/02/pennsylvania-trump-lures-blue-collar-democrats/
The Republic is lost.

Online LMAO

Re: In Pennsylvania, Trumps Protectionism Lures Blue-Collar Democrats
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2016, 03:44:06 pm »
Protectionism won't save their jobs. And on top of that , it'll be bad for the rest of us.

Trump knows this. Which is why a President Trump won't do much different on trade issues.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2016, 03:48:09 pm »
Protectionism won't save their jobs. And on top of that , it'll be bad for the rest of us.

I don't want protectionism either but true free trade. Not the crap deals we have right now. Trump will fight for the American worker.

There are videos going back to the late 80's with him saying we are writing unfair trade deals.

@LMAO

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2016, 04:02:10 pm »
I don't want protectionism either but true free trade. Not the crap deals we have right now. Trump will fight for the American worker.

There are videos going back to the late 80's with him saying we are writing unfair trade deals.

@LMAO

LOL!  These are not "crap" deals.  NAFTA has created more jobs than it lost and has benefited all countries involved.

The "American worker" is never going to be doing menial sewing and assembly work in the textile industry.  We are simply not competitive and never will be, until robotics can do those jobs.

Trump is simply pimping a moronic populism that has no basis in economic reality.  None of it will happen.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.