Author Topic: Trump Presents Dilemma For Evangelical Women, Once Reliable GOP Voters  (Read 373 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Trump Presents Dilemma For Evangelical Women, Once Reliable GOP Voters

excerpt:

Christian singer-songwriter Nichole Nordeman says she usually stays out of politics, but she has felt compelled to speak up this year.

Nordeman points out that some men, like Southern Baptist leader Russell Moore and Christian writer Max Lucado, have been speaking out against Trump for months. But she calls the responses of some others "devastating."

"I find it sickening that these men can face their congregations and their families and their college campuses and feel OK with trusting Donald Trump with their voice and their vote and their country — and still somehow explain it away through the lens of the teachings of Christ," Nordeman says. "It boggles my mind. It's baffling."

Nordeman says it's an "exciting time" to be an evangelical woman, and she thinks evangelicalism may be at a turning point.

"In the circles that I run in, I keep hearing the term 'Xvangelical' thrown around quite a bit — just the sense that we are trying to find new language to define us as followers of Christ, because this old term has felt unbelievably compromised by this election and by some of the old guard in evangelical leadership," Nordeman says.

End excerpt

http://www.npr.org/2016/11/01/500183772/evangelicals-face-a-gender-split-over-trump

And also this story

http://www.redstate.com/sweetie15/2016/11/01/divide-evangelical-women-election-described-christian-leader/

Well I have to say I am honestly at a loss.  I simply cannot reconcile my faith to a vote for Trump.  It is painfully obvious to me that we as Christians are split by the turmoil of this election.  I am seeing it within my own close group of Christian brothers and sisters.  And you know these are people that I have known and respected for years.  Even looked up to but I will have to split with them concerning support of this immoral candidate.  I will continue to love and respect them but I cannot join them in this grave mistake.  Do we pray at the State Capitol for immoral leaders? 

I think probably every woman has experienced men who think of us as sexual objects at their disposal.  Many women in every house of worship that have endured sexual violence, rape and every type of sexual assault and intimidation.  It hurts to see Trump promoted in the church.  It hurts me being a woman who has endured rape in my lifetime.  Thankfully my Lord and Savior has healed me but the church is opening wounds that may be hard to heal.  This division is not from God.  God does not cause division within the church so it can only be coming from Satan. 

To promote Trump as the leader of our country is outrageous.  Hopefully after the election our divisions among ourselves will heal.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 06:26:31 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.