Author Topic: Why Men Are Remaining Single  (Read 19324 times)

Offline thackney

Re: Why Men Are Remaining Single
« Reply #100 on: November 02, 2016, 05:27:18 pm »
Well, how do you end up out of it, without actual reason to not believe what you've already experienced?

The same way you move forward out of any bad experiences.  Look forward, not backwards.

It doesn't matter if it is romantic relationships, work, church, etc...

Look around you, plenty of people do make this work.  It is not impossible.  But it does start with your own attitudes before you mix in the attitude of someone else.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline thackney

« Reply #101 on: November 02, 2016, 05:29:32 pm »

When I was in the business world tucking ones tie into our pants waistband was frowned upon.

Back in the day of pen plotters and fax machines, there was a good reason.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #102 on: November 02, 2016, 05:32:57 pm »
I think a lot of these things are rooted in the fact that with technology,  it's easy to kill boredom, either from TV, the Internet or Video Games.

Without these things,  social interaction was the primary way of killing boredom,    being single was very boring, especially once all of your friends got married.   

Now there are so many ways to kill boredom, that there no longer is that motivation to go out and date and try to find a suitable mate. 

Offline Bunny Watson

« Reply #103 on: November 02, 2016, 05:44:34 pm »

http://youtu.be/EHSoN8t6x3M?t=1m

debrawiest

« Reply #104 on: November 02, 2016, 05:55:00 pm »
@debrawiest  avatar photo is of Grace Kelly
@ratpatrol

You're right.  That's not my photo.
IRL, I am a happily married woman, just old enough to start getting the senior discount at IHOP, Perkins, et cetera.  I do strive to be classy like Grace Kelly was.  :-)

Offline rodamala

« Reply #105 on: November 02, 2016, 06:01:24 pm »

@thackney
@Wingnut

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #106 on: November 02, 2016, 06:02:35 pm »
I think a lot of these things are rooted in the fact that with technology,  it's easy to kill boredom, either from TV, the Internet or Video Games.

Without these things,  social interaction was the primary way of killing boredom,    being single was very boring, especially once all of your friends got married.   

Now there are so many ways to kill boredom, that there no longer is that motivation to go out and date and try to find a suitable mate.

I think you're on to something there.   Too many folks (it seems to me) conduct their social lives on the internet and not in real life.   "Relationships" on the internet can be instantly formed, and rescinded/replaced,  without real consequence.   It's simply easier,  and is apparently "enough" for folks to willingly withdraw from the hassle of interaction with their real-life families and communities.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #107 on: November 02, 2016, 06:10:40 pm »
I think you're on to something there.   Too many folks (it seems to me) conduct their social lives on the internet and not in real life.   "Relationships" on the internet can be instantly formed, and rescinded/replaced,  without real consequence.   It's simply easier,  and is apparently "enough" for folks to willingly withdraw from the hassle of interaction with their real-life families and communities.

My 35th class reunion 2 years ago, 21 people out of a class of 252 attended. Most have each other on Facebook. Catering halls have been killed due to Facebook.

@Jazzhead

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #108 on: November 02, 2016, 06:49:39 pm »

LOL. (Actually I'm crying inside because I am old enough to get that.)

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #109 on: November 02, 2016, 07:07:40 pm »
I own a apartment complex.  A young female tenant late 20's met some guy on the net from 4 states away. Long story short he arrived into town..she immediately let him in and took care of him-he a total stranger. She is a DR. P/T making very good money ($90k per year)and he had no job and a rusted out 10 year old car.

After 3 weeks she came home and he beat the crap put of her. Broker her nose and eye socket. I get a call from the Sherriff dept telling me what is going on. I set up an eviction because she broke the lease by allowing a guest to stay more than 10 days.

This gal was super cute, ambitious, educated  and she picked out a loser. I always cringe when a young single female wants to rent  because they always bring trouble.  I wish I had nothing but seniors and gays they make the best tenants

What the heck is wrong with young people today?

@Frank Cannon

You heartless bastard. I actually have a Boyfriend/Girlfriend clause just in case of that. I wouldn't want to lose a tenant that had an actual job because they have poor choice in mates.

I have two twenty nothings chicks living in one of my multi-units. One is HOT and the other isn't that far behind the other (I call them Romy and Michele). They tell me stories about them dating men.....dating other women....vacillating back and forth between the sexes. Other tenants in that age bracket allude to the same activities. They have no moral compass.....and you know why? It's because the ones I chat with have the most fatalistic view of the future and they think they are all going to die tomorrow.

Now if you want to hear about some real blood, guts and police activity at my rentals, catch me when I am drunk and I will give a whole books on my experiences.

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #110 on: November 02, 2016, 07:22:42 pm »
You heartless bastard. I actually have a Boyfriend/Girlfriend clause just in case of that. I wouldn't want to lose a tenant that had an actual job because they have poor choice in mates.

Call me a heartless bastard all you want.

I did a criminal background check on the guy after the fact and found he had several  felonies.

What would have happened if he attacked or raped another tenant?  I would have been sued into oblivion.

I also have the same clause..all she had to do was call and add him to the lease but she did not. Folks think rules do not belong to them like Hillary.

I have  a waiting list of people waiting to get into my apartments because I run them really strict and the other tenants know they will be safe etc.  Most of my tenants have been with me 4-6 years if not longer

@Frank Cannon

Wingnut

« Reply #111 on: November 02, 2016, 07:59:22 pm »

Good lord!  So that's how those thinks got so flat on her!

@thackney
@Wingnut

You know me all too well my friend!    :beer:

Wingnut

« Reply #112 on: November 02, 2016, 08:00:56 pm »

I did a criminal background check on the guy after the fact and found he had several  felonies.

What would have happened if he attacked or raped another tenant?  I would have been sued into oblivion.

I also have the same clause..all she had to do was call and add him to the lease but she did not. Folks think rules do not belong to them like Hillary.

I have  a waiting list of people waiting to get into my apartments because I run them really strict and the other tenants know they will be safe etc.  Most of my tenants have been with me 4-6 years if not longer

@Frank Cannon

We should start calling you the Fred Trump of the west.

Offline thackney

« Reply #113 on: November 02, 2016, 08:14:00 pm »
LOL. (Actually I'm crying inside because I am old enough to get that.)

I know that cartoon is at least 23 years old.

In 1993 I printed out the exact same cartoon to paste over our faxed machine in Yemen.  We faxed so much we had someone get up in the middle of the night to put new paper in every night.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #114 on: November 02, 2016, 08:30:34 pm »

Guy wasn't your tenant. They could try and sue you but they have no grounds. Even if he was your tenant and you rented to him with felonies, they still have no grounds. Illegal to discriminate against renting to him dont'cha know.

BTW, I was joking with you about the heartless bastard part, but since you are also a humorless bastard, I'll stop talking to you.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #115 on: November 02, 2016, 09:23:26 pm »
To quote Frank Zappa, "Don't expect friends, don't expect fun, don't expect a good life, don't expect anything and if you get something, it's a bonus."
That just seems like a recipe for complacency.

There are already at least three people on this thread who are over 40 and are still single, which tells me that none of this is sure to work. That's not acceptable to me. I didn't even want to be still single at 28 for my high school reunion. The cruel joke turned out to be that we ended up not having a high school reunion that year. That's not what I meant.

My parents were in their early 20s when they married. This is extremely discouraging. I'm already too old for this.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Bunny Watson

« Reply #116 on: November 02, 2016, 09:25:51 pm »

There are already at least three people on this thread who are over 40 and are still single, which tells me that none of this is sure to work. That's not acceptable to me. I didn't even want to be still single at 28 for my high school reunion. The cruel joke turned out to be that we ended up not having a high school reunion that year. That's not what I meant.

My parents were in their early 20s when they married. This is extremely discouraging. I'm already too old for this.

My parents met when my mom was 15 and my dad 18. They married the day after my mom turned 18. There's no recipe for this. Sure, you can take steps to help move things along, but I don't think you can force the matter.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #117 on: November 02, 2016, 09:31:34 pm »

Life can be great with or without marriage. It is what you make of it. Marriage is no panacea.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #118 on: November 02, 2016, 09:35:52 pm »

LOL. I just saw the tag under your picture. Top notch. I should put one that says "Not Me".

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #119 on: November 02, 2016, 09:36:22 pm »
Guy wasn't your tenant. They could try and sue you but they have no grounds.

Sure they can.  Lawsuits of more frivoulous nature are filed and won  every day

@Frank Cannon
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 09:37:39 pm by mirraflake »

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #120 on: November 02, 2016, 09:37:12 pm »
LOL. I just saw the tag under your picture. Top notch. I should put one that says "Not Me".
You mean it's not?  :thud:
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Bunny Watson

« Reply #121 on: November 02, 2016, 09:38:12 pm »

But you are Sam Elliott, right? 

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #122 on: November 02, 2016, 09:41:33 pm »

It is not. I'm a 23 year old Filipino girl.

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #123 on: November 02, 2016, 09:44:39 pm »

How old are you? You appear early 30 ish in your avatar.

I did not get married until  age 36-met my wife at age 34 though I had chances for marriage before then..I was too busy sowing wild oats and being hedonistic and immature. Passed up 2 great women.

You are trying way too hard.

I really think you need to move away and start fresh..and ask a personal close female friend what you are doing to turn off women.

@jmyrlefuller

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #124 on: November 02, 2016, 09:46:54 pm »
Sure they can.  Lawsuits of more frivoulous nature are filed and won  every day

@Frank Cannon

They don't go anywhere. I've been sued a couple of times and they never get out of the gate. Even if they did I don't care. I got tarp policies for my umbrella policies and all my buildings are in different names.