Author Topic: Paul Ryan, Ted Cruz Vote Trump  (Read 2550 times)

Offline Eowyn

• Don't blame me, I voted for Ted Cruz.
Paul Ryan, Ted Cruz Vote Trump
« on: November 01, 2016, 05:24:04 pm »
http://legalinsurrection.com/2016/11/paul-ryan-ted-cruz-vote-for-trump/

When the hosts asked Ryan if he wanted to encourage other Republicans to support Trump, he only answered from his point of view:

“I’m supporting our entire Republican ticket. I have been all along. My focus personally right now is saving our House majority.”

Cruz has also had an up-and-down relationship with Trump and the party, especially after he refused to endorse Trump at the Republican National Convention. But that all changed in September when he endorsed Trump in a Facebook post. KHOU11 caught up with Cruz after he voted:

“I voted straight ticket Republican,” said Cruz. “I encourage conservatives to come out all across Houston, all across the State of Texas.”

He also encouraged people to get out and vote.

“It’s all about turnout and that’s why need people to come out and vote,” said Cruz. “It’s why I voted early. You beat the lines on election day and you make your voice count.”

Offline Eowyn

Re: Paul Ryan, Ted Cruz Vote Trump
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2016, 05:25:24 pm »
Everyone should vote to stop CORRUPT HILLARY!  There is no chance she will ever face justice if she wins!

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2016, 05:26:02 pm »
Trump has finally released his replacement for Obamacare just now, in NC:

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2016, 05:26:50 pm »
“I voted straight ticket Republican,” said Cruz. “I encourage conservatives to come out all across Houston, all across the State of Texas.”
That just means all of the candidates he voted for were Republicans. It doesn't mean he voted for all of them.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2016, 05:28:16 pm »
Good for them.

I won't be voting for Trump.

I will no longer vote for anyone in the GOP unless they are a vetted and solid Conservative.

I'm all in Constitution Party for now.

Let the GOP die as it deserves to.  It is wholly corrupted and irredeemable.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online corbe

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2016, 05:31:08 pm »
   Sen. Cruz, I took your FIRST advice to Heart, and Voted my Conscience.  I wrote in Darrell Castle. 

Wish you would have also, but hey, you're still among the top 3 current US Senators in my book, that I believe has MY best interest in your Mind and Heart.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2016, 05:33:53 pm »
My primary objective this election is to vote to maintain the GOP majority in the Senate and the House.  I also researched the state Supreme Court justices and district justices and voted out those appointed by our liberal governor and retained those appointed by our more conservative governor.  :patriot:
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 05:35:23 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2016, 05:34:43 pm »

Make America Great Again.

Vote for the guys that Speaker of the House, Paul Ryan, and conservative firebrand, Ted Cruz, voted for:

Trump-Pence 2016

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2016, 05:37:38 pm »
Good for them.

I won't be voting for Trump.

I will no longer vote for anyone in the GOP unless they are a vetted and solid Conservative.

I'm all in Constitution Party for now.

Let the GOP die as it deserves to.  It is wholly corrupted and irredeemable.

Yup. I have no problem with them voting the way they feel they must and I'll be voting the way my conscience demands that I must.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2016, 05:42:23 pm »
That just means all of the candidates he voted for were Republicans. It doesn't mean he voted for all of them.

:beer:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2016, 05:45:57 pm »
I'm confused by this news. Should we beat Cruz and Ryan with socks filled with a bars of soap or buy them a beer?

Offline bilo

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2016, 05:47:39 pm »
Everyone should vote to stop CORRUPT HILLARY!  There is no chance she will ever face justice if she wins!

There is another side to this coin.

I can't vote for Trump because I don't support the LGBT agenda. I don't support abortion, abortion providers, or abortions being subsidized with my taxes/healthcare premiums. I know in our populist frenzy I'm supposed to throw out my values and beliefs and follow the mob, but I'm not going to do that.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2016, 06:04:49 pm »
Make America Great Again.

Vote for the guys that Speaker of the House, Paul Ryan, and conservative firebrand, Ted Cruz, voted for:

Trump-Pence 2016

Trump Uber Alles?

We do not cast our votes based for whom other people cast their votes.

Maybe you do.

We don't.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2016, 06:08:04 pm »
   Sen. Cruz, I took your FIRST advice to Heart, and Voted my Conscience.  I wrote in Darrell Castle. 

Same here. 

I understand why Cruz did what he did, but he ended up voting for a Donald Trump that doesn't exist.

He went through a list of Conservative statements that Trump had made and declared that he was voting for that Trump.  Yet everyone knew Trump was lying.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2016, 06:09:28 pm »
Everyone should vote to stop CORRUPT HILLARY!

I voted for a Conservative that is running against her.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2016, 06:12:06 pm »
http://legalinsurrection.com/2016/11/paul-ryan-ted-cruz-vote-for-trump/

When the hosts asked Ryan if he wanted to encourage other Republicans to support Trump, he only answered from his point of view:

“I’m supporting our entire Republican ticket. I have been all along. My focus personally right now is saving our House majority.”

Cruz has also had an up-and-down relationship with Trump and the party, especially after he refused to endorse Trump at the Republican National Convention. But that all changed in September when he endorsed Trump in a Facebook post. KHOU11 caught up with Cruz after he voted:

He also encouraged people to get out and vote.

“It’s all about turnout and that’s why need people to come out and vote,” said Cruz. “It’s why I voted early. You beat the lines on election day and you make your voice count.”

Suddenly Trumpettes support Paul Ryan and Cruz.

Cruz - against whom they launched an unprecedented set of attacks lacking in any verisimilitude during the primary. A character they willfully destroyed since he was the primary challenger to Trump.

Ryan - who they demonized as "establishment" all along. Who they burned in effigy when he balked at supporting their Orange God.

Yep - those two guys. Heroes! Because they now back the false messiah.

(Modified to add the appropriate image.)

« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 06:18:33 pm by bolobaby »
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Wingnut

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2016, 06:35:19 pm »
I'm confused by this news. Should we beat Cruz and Ryan with socks filled with a bars of soap or buy them a beer?

But resist we much… we must… and we will much… about… that… be committed.

Offline rodamala

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2016, 06:42:17 pm »

Offline Eowyn

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2016, 07:07:30 pm »
I voted for a Conservative that is running against her.

That will do nothing but help her win. 

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2016, 07:20:25 pm »

Get them drunk, and when they pass out, do a Code Red on them...  :tongue2:
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2016, 07:23:54 pm »

Those who voted for Trump in the primaries have helped her win.   The Dems were rooting for Trump from the start.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2016, 07:24:50 pm »

This lie again!

How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2016, 07:27:00 pm »
Get them drunk, and when they pass out, do a Code Red on them...  :tongue2:

LOL. That should make everyone happy.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2016, 07:32:14 pm »

I see that logic is not your strong suit.  Let's review, shall we?  You vote for Trump and I'll vote for Castle.  Here's how those votes tally out:

Castle  - 1
Trump  - 1
Clinton - 0

Explain how I helped Clinton win.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2016, 07:36:02 pm »
This lie again!

Yeah, they keep pushing the same BS. 

Vote for a liberal (Trump) so that Conservatives win.
Vote for a Conservative so that the other of two liberals wins.

Freedom is Slavery.
War is Peace.
Ignorance is Strength.
Trump supporters are Patriots.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-