Author Topic: Orthodox Jewish leader is writing in Paul Ryan  (Read 292 times)

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Orthodox Jewish leader is writing in Paul Ryan
« on: November 01, 2016, 05:20:08 pm »
From the original article:
Orthodox Jews Find Themselves Leaderless Over Trump
By Jacob Kornbluh on Tuesday, November 1, 2016

It was billed as a debate between representatives of the two U.S. presidential candidates on issues that matter to the Orthodox Jewish community.

“Learn what the candidates stands for on issues important to you and the Jewish community,” read a poster plastered on walls in the Jewish neighborhoods in Brooklyn.

But at the outset of the 90-minute event, Hikind dropped a bombshell: “I cannot vote for Donald Trump,” he told the crowd, consisting mostly of Trump supporters. “When we said before I am going to represent the Republican side, I would’ve loved to – if I had a Republican. Donald Trump is not a Republican. He is running on the Republican line. I wanted to support him. I was hoping as the weeks went by that he would keep his mouth closed and stop saying the things that he has said, but he can’t change, and I am really concerned. I wish they can both lose, but I know that’s not going to happen. One of them will be elected next week. But we have to be honest with ourselves.”

Picking an alternative, Hikind announced he will be writing in House Speaker Paul Ryan for president. “He is a real superstar. A real friend of Israel. A real mensch,” said Hikind, pausing for the applause that never came. “This is the kind of person we really need.”

It should be noted that Hikind is a senior Democrat in the State of New York. He serves as Assistant Majority Leader of the Democratic-controlled State Assembly.

(excerpt)
http://jewishinsider.com/9617/orthodox-jews-find-themselves-leaderless-over-trump/
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 05:20:26 pm by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

HAPPY2BME

Re: Orthodox Jewish leader is writing in Paul Ryan
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2016, 05:23:38 pm »