Author Topic: This stock market metric says the likely winner is...Trump  (Read 1315 times)

HAPPY2BME

This stock market metric says the likely winner is...Trump
« on: November 01, 2016, 12:31:09 pm »
CNBC
1 Nov, 2016

The stock market's election year performance between July 31 and Oct. 31 has often accurately predicted the next president — and this year it's pointing to a victory by Donald Trump, if history is a guide.

"We've now gotten this black swan event on Friday. It may have impact, it may not have any impact," said Clifton, adding the market may be signalling Clinton wins by less than people expect. He said the stock market usually rallies in the last week before the election.

"I would say on face value it's saying prepare to be surprised on Tuesday," said Stovall.

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/10/31/this-stock-market-metric-says-the-likely-winner-istrump.html

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: This stock market metric says the likely winner is...Trump
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2016, 05:55:51 pm »
WooHoo, and then we'll all party like it's 1929! ****slapping

Oceander

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2016, 05:57:00 pm »
Doesn't matter which NYC liberal wins, the country loses. 

Wingnut

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2016, 07:19:55 pm »
WooHoo, and then we'll all party like it's 1929! ****slapping

Dog, dog, dog eat dog

Kamikaze from
The hundredth floor
Swan dive to the street
He couldn't handle
This madness no more
He craved that sweeter meat.....

Online corbe

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2016, 08:07:04 pm »
  The Fed propping up a feeble market with free money to protect a corrupt pResident sounds like what a Reality TV show should be.

Just as the popo hit the fan in the runup to the 2008 Election it will SURELY hit again by the end of January 2017, particularly if DJT is Elected.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2016, 08:42:50 pm »
  The Fed propping up a feeble market with free money to protect a corrupt pResident sounds like what a Reality TV show should be.

Just as the popo hit the fan in the runup to the 2008 Election it will SURELY hit again by the end of January 2017, particularly if DJT is Elected.

This Administration will make sure that QE ends in early January if Trump manages to win in order to purposely tank an already crappy economy.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2016, 10:06:57 pm »
Remember when they had that thing called the Redskins Rule, where if the Redskins won, the incumbent stayed in power, but if they lost, the White House changed parties? That one held up every year from 1940 to 2000.

Then it fell apart.

By the way, the Redskins Rule predicts a Hillary victory.

Reading tea leaves is a silly way to try and influence an election.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online libertybele

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2016, 10:39:13 pm »
Remember when they had that thing called the Redskins Rule, where if the Redskins won, the incumbent stayed in power, but if they lost, the White House changed parties? That one held up every year from 1940 to 2000.

Then it fell apart.

By the way, the Redskins Rule predicts a Hillary victory.

Reading tea leaves is a silly way to try and influence an election.

Exactly.  Northern Illinois University who has correctly predicted the POTUS since 1974 predicted Sanders.  :silly:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2016, 10:57:25 pm »
This Administration will make sure that QE ends in early January if Trump manages to win in order to purposely tank an already crappy economy.

No matter what the Fed does the wheels are falling off this thing next year.

Wingnut

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2016, 12:15:29 am »
Exactly.  Northern Illinois University who has correctly predicted the POTUS since 1974 predicted Sanders.  :silly:

DeKalb has a history of ... well of nothing really. Lot of corn there and a 2nd rate University.

HonestJohn

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2016, 12:55:17 am »
Considering the stock market had a sell-off the moment the Comey announcement went on the news...

...I'd say the stock market doesn't want Trump at all.

Online LMAO

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2016, 02:06:26 am »

QE ended 2014
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online corbe

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2016, 02:08:34 am »
Considering the stock market had a sell-off the moment the Comey announcement went on the news...

...I'd say the stock market doesn't want Trump at all.

They know they can't Cover Trump's Russian/Saudi Arabian Loans.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.