Author Topic: WOW! Rick Perry Supposedly Supports A Primary Challenge To Ted Cruz  (Read 15060 times)

Offline Night Hides Not

Re: WOW! Rick Perry Supposedly Supports A Primary Challenge To Ted Cruz
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2016, 12:37:15 pm »
This is true.
I remember him as a Democrat.

I will always remember Perry as Governor Gardasil.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2016, 12:39:56 pm »
I do not understand the mindless bitterness against Ted Cruz.  Yes, he decided to vote for Trump because he is in a position to understand how disastrous Hillary will be and how much her Supreme Court nominees will hurt the country.

Cruz never endorsed Trump per se or supported the man personally.

Nor I. Ted has put himself on the firing line on multiple occasions as my Senator. The fact that he is disliked in DC is reason enough to support him.

The vitriol spewed at Ted on TOS is a large reason why JimRob will never get another dime from me.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline thackney

« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2016, 12:48:05 pm »
He was a Democrat in good standing until just before he became Lt Governor under W.

He's a political opportunist.

While I will agree he is a political opportunist, Rick Perry became a Republican about a decade before he became Lt. Governor. 

He was elected twice as Ag Commissioner as a Republican before running for and winning Lt. Gov.

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2016, 01:03:27 pm »
Perry is the perfect little Party Comrade.

Party Uber Alles,yall!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Longmire

« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2016, 01:13:01 pm »
If he's primaried, I'll look at who's challenging him.

Whoever it is, they'll be well funded.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2016, 01:21:17 pm »
I do not believe this for a minute.

Nor do I.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2016, 01:24:43 pm »
Not True.  CruzT said he was endorsing Trump and he encouraged everybody to vote for Trump.  That's all in.

I voted for McMullin.  I guess that's "useless and gutless" to you.

I live in Texas and will see who primaries Cruz.  I've never liked Cruz, so there's that.

You can try repeating a lie again and again but it does not make it true.

Ted Cruz represents the very best for America, so I guess you represent otherwise.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline skeeter

« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2016, 01:28:38 pm »
Nor do I.

The story is all based on second hand accounts by unnamed sources. Stinks of an agenda.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2016, 01:32:21 pm »
The story is all based on second hand accounts by unnamed sources. Stinks of an agenda.

It's a

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jpsb

« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2016, 01:56:24 pm »
Sink he NEVER said he endorsed Trump. Those words never came out of his mouth.

A year ago, I pledged to endorse the Republican nominee, and I am honoring that commitment. And if you don't want to see a Hillary Clinton presidency, I encourage you to vote for him.

Only in fantasy land is the above not an endorsement.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 01:59:18 pm by jpsb »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2016, 02:02:41 pm »
Hard to tell since similar stories have been reported before.  It has also been rumored that Perry himself was going to run against Cruz.  Though I feel Perry would have made a much better president than Trump, I have always been cautious of him because of his issues with illegal immigration, the North American Union and the Trans Texas Corridor (ties with Giuliani as well).  If indeed he is  pushing McCaul to challenge Cruz I would be very curious to find out why?  Perhaps Cruz did something to upset the apple cart when Perry was governor or his short run the 2nd time for the presidency??

http://www.redstate.com/sweetie15/2016/08/30/governor-rick-perry-preparing-make-run-ted-cruzs-senate-seat/

https://www.texastribune.org/2016/10/31/gop-sources-rick-perry-encouraged-michael-mccaul-c/

https://www.conservativereview.com/members/michael-mccaul/liberty-card/

http://www.ontheissues.org/TX/Michael_McCaul.htm

http://townhall.com/columnists/rachelalexander/2011/08/12/rick_perrys_nafta_superhighway_problem

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/10/us/politics/perry-survived-failure-of-his-grand-transportation-plan.html

http://blog.chron.com/texaspolitics/2007/08/north-american-union-bilderberg-gov-rick-perry/
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 02:11:54 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Silver Pines

« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2016, 02:13:24 pm »
I'm still waiting for @HAPPY2BME to tell me why he thinks I'm Mormon because of my signature pic, and what significance that might have.

So far, nothing.

Offline corbe

« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2016, 02:16:55 pm »
   The very organized and $$$ potent Texas GOP was shellacked Once by the upstart/surprise candidacy of Ted Cruz and will reluctantly try it again - with the same disastrous results.

Sen. Cruz has NOTHING to Fear.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2016, 02:33:29 pm »
Rick Perry has been a real pro-life leader, not just a bunch of words.

Like Mike Pence, a record of real accomplishment, vs. the little Senators have gotten done.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 02:34:22 pm by TomSea »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2016, 02:42:20 pm »
   The very organized and $$$ potent Texas GOP was shellacked Once by the upstart/surprise candidacy of Ted Cruz and will reluctantly try it again - with the same disastrous results.

Sen. Cruz has NOTHING to Fear.

Perhaps, but Cruz has a lot of enemies with deep pockets including Trump who threatened that he would see to it that he would not get re-elected. Though Cruz came out to say he actually was going to vote for Trump, I believe it was the threat from Trump that was one of the motivating factors in his decision.  Perry, McCaul, and Abbott all supported Trump long before Cruz did...I was surprised when Abbott actually endorsed Trump.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline corbe

« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2016, 03:27:12 pm »
Perhaps, but Cruz has a lot of enemies with deep pockets including Trump who threatened that he would see to it that he would not get re-elected. Though Cruz came out to say he actually was going to vote for Trump, I believe it was the threat from Trump that was one of the motivating factors in his decision.  Perry, McCaul, and Abbott all supported Trump long before Cruz did...I was surprised when Abbott actually endorsed Trump.

The ENTIRE Texas GOP, including Gov. Perry, endorsed his opponent, then Lt. Gov. Dewhurst for Senator, Cruz left them all in his rear view mirror, bouncing in a roadside ditch. 

Even after this disastrous election, Sen. Cruz has phenomenal grassroots support in his Home State and money in the bank, he will easily win Reelection, if he so desires to run.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2016, 04:23:21 pm »
While I will agree he is a political opportunist, Rick Perry became a Republican about a decade before he became Lt. Governor. 

He was elected twice as Ag Commissioner as a Republican before running for and winning Lt. Gov.

Yeah he became a Republican in 1990 with Karl Rove as his campaign manager.  Was the LT Gov starting in 1998.  Still can't get over the fact he raised a crap on of money for Gore in 1988 though.

I still believe his "switch" to being a Republican was more out of political expedience than any real feelings that the Dem party didn't align with his beliefs anymore.

He read the tea leaves and decided if he wanted to get elected to higher office...representing the party of Mark White and Ann Richards wasn't going to cut it.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2016, 04:45:12 pm »
A year ago, I pledged to endorse the Republican nominee, and I am honoring that commitment. And if you don't want to see a Hillary Clinton presidency, I encourage you to vote for him.

Only in fantasy land is the above not an endorsement.

I see only honor in his talk, not some salivating endorsement as others try to make it.

Ted is genuine in his belief that Hillary Clinton as President is much worse than voting for the eventual GOP nominee.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline thackney

« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2016, 04:54:23 pm »
Yeah he became a Republican in 1990 with Karl Rove as his campaign manager.  Was the LT Gov starting in 1998. 

Just to pick at the nits...

He announced he was a republican in 1989 and took office as Lt Gov in 1999.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Longmire

« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2016, 05:11:45 pm »
I see only honor in his talk, not some salivating endorsement as others try to make it.

@jpsb

Good example of cognitive dissonance...when faced with an unpleasant reality, change the premise.

« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2016, 06:09:51 pm »
@jpsb

Good example of cognitive dissonance...when faced with an unpleasant reality, change the premise.

Yep, you did.  Like I said, a lie repeated is still a lie, no matter how many times it is told.  And you tell it pretty well..

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #46 on: November 01, 2016, 07:58:27 pm »

Like Mike Pence, a record of real accomplishment, vs. the little Senators have gotten done.

True about Rick Perry and pro-life.

Sad that you are only praising him because he went for Trump and YOU THINK he will challenge Ted Cruz.  He won't.  He's political but not stupid.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #47 on: November 01, 2016, 10:18:24 pm »
True about Rick Perry and pro-life.

Sad that you are only praising him because he went for Trump and YOU THINK he will challenge Ted Cruz.  He won't.  He's political but not stupid.

Perry isn't challenging Curz; Perry is encouraging McCaul to challenge Cruz.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #48 on: November 01, 2016, 11:14:20 pm »
Perry isn't challenging Curz; Perry is encouraging McCaul to challenge Cruz.

Sorry but I do not believe that is true!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2016, 01:33:41 am »

And Donald Trump has been a bunch of words, but not at all a real pro-life leader.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-