Author Topic: WOW! Rick Perry Supposedly Supports A Primary Challenge To Ted Cruz  (Read 15059 times)

Offline Night Hides Not

Re: WOW! Rick Perry Supposedly Supports A Primary Challenge To Ted Cruz
« Reply #150 on: November 03, 2016, 03:49:08 pm »
Issues! Yipee!

The House controls spending so Trump can't do a trillion dollar stimulus all by himself.  To me it's a non-issue.

Trump has said he will call a special session of Congress to repeal the ACA. I believe he will do just that. Trump "plan" is to let loose the private market to drive down health insurance costs. I think that is a good idea, however those that can not afford insurance will not he left to die on the streets. Something will be done for the very poor and I am ok with that too.

I disagree with Trump on PP, defund it completely, it is a evil organization whose primary business is killing the unborn.

I trust Trump to secure the border and enforce existing immigration laws. We will lose the country if this is not done this election cycle.

No need to call a "special session", when Congress meets year round, unlike states like Texas that meet biennially.

Trump's just throwing out fodder to the low-infos.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #151 on: November 03, 2016, 03:49:19 pm »

@jpsb  Is English your First Language?  I don't mean that as an Insult, it just seems your reading (English) comprehension is severely lacking.

I hate to break it to you, but, you and @sinkspur do have something in common- Your Hate for Ted Cruz.
I don't hate him and more then likely I'll be voting Cruz in 2018. However I do prefer honesty in those that represent me. Cruz has honesty issues, he'd be much better off if he just said I make a mistake, sorry. Instead he wraps himself in to a pretzel trying to explain why he's flip flopping on issue after issue. To his credit he flip flops correctly but it is quite unnerving to watch. As with his pathetic attempt to blame the turtle for his gigantic TPP flip flop.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #152 on: November 03, 2016, 03:51:42 pm »

@jpsb  Is English your First Language?  I don't mean that as an Insult, it just seems your reading (English) comprehension is severely lacking.

I hate to break it to you, but, you and @sinkspur do have something in common- Your Hate for Ted Cruz.

There's a trade-off here, Trump plays six dimensional chess, while Ted Cruz employs the English language. Unfortunately, six dimensional chess "trumped" English this year.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #153 on: November 03, 2016, 03:53:51 pm »
I don't hate him and more then likely I'll be voting Cruz in 2018.

Ah, it's Mechanicos.  I should have known.

I remember that when you were posting as Mechanicos, you couldn't come up with that Cruz lie either.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 03:55:53 pm by Hoodat »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #154 on: November 03, 2016, 03:57:18 pm »
Ah, it's Mechanicos.  I should have known.

I remember that when you were posting as Mechanicos, you couldn't come up with that Cruz lie either.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #155 on: November 03, 2016, 04:48:14 pm »
And, in your world, Breitbart does.

/snicker

In his world National Enquirer is honest journalism   
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #156 on: November 03, 2016, 05:05:24 pm »
In his world National Enquirer is honest journalism

To be fair, National Enquirer is more honest than the NYT, WaPo, etc.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #157 on: November 04, 2016, 12:29:35 am »
Strawman.  The House has nothing to do with Trump's 'stimulus' proposal.

Let's take two candidates.  One proposes a $850 billion stimulus bill.  The other proposes a $1 trillion stimulus bill.

Which of the two is the more liberal?
Does the House control spending? Simple question.

Offline corbe

« Reply #158 on: November 04, 2016, 12:54:50 am »

By the stated Articles in the Constitution - YES

But for the last 10 years of Continuing Budget Resolutions, I'd say recent History proves them to be a disaster in upholding their Constitutional duty, and a $20T debt is more proof if you need it.

So NO, the house does not control spending, anymore, use to though.

You obviously didn't read the memo.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #159 on: November 04, 2016, 01:26:31 am »

But for the last 10 years of Continuing Budget Resolutions, I'd say recent History proves them to be a disaster in upholding their Constitutional duty, and a $20T debt is more proof if you need it.

House doesn't control spending, spending bill originate in the House. There is a difference there.

Offline corbe

« Reply #160 on: November 04, 2016, 01:44:06 am »

House doesn't control spending, spending bill originate in the House. There is a difference there.

If The House doesn't Appropriate it, it ain't there to Spend, so they do control it, unless the House lets the Senate pull tricks, like obummercare.   

ALL Spending originates in the HOUSE.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #161 on: November 04, 2016, 02:07:18 am »
To be fair, National Enquirer is more honest than the NYT, WaPo, etc.

@Night Hides Not

Not to mention the White House,any White House. Pick one.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #162 on: November 04, 2016, 12:58:06 pm »

As evidenced by the fact the appropriations bills for the current FY, which began on October 1st, have yet to be passed.

So why do we still vote for Republican control of the House?  Rhetorical question, no need to answer.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #163 on: November 04, 2016, 01:55:42 pm »

Spending is controlled by the Legislative and Executive branches which does not have a thing to do with the question I asked.

Again, one candidate proposes a $850 billion stimulus bill while another candidate proposes a $1 trillion stimulus bill.

Which of the two is the more liberal?  Simple question.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #164 on: November 04, 2016, 02:06:00 pm »
Spending is controlled by the Legislative and Executive branches which does not have a thing to do with the question I asked.

Again, one candidate proposes a $850 billion stimulus bill while another candidate proposes a $1 trillion stimulus bill.

Which of the two is the more liberal?  Simple question.

One simply doesn't ask questions of those playing six dimensional chess.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #165 on: November 04, 2016, 02:16:56 pm »

ALL Spending originates in the HOUSE.

I've seen that repeated many times, but I've yet to see anyone explain why they think it is true.

An odd interpretation of Article 1, Section 7 would be my guess as to where this got started.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #166 on: November 04, 2016, 02:26:34 pm »
ObamaCare originated in the Senate.  And according to the Supreme Court, it is a tax bill.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-