Author Topic: WOW! Rick Perry Supposedly Supports A Primary Challenge To Ted Cruz  (Read 15058 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: RED STATE

URL: http://www.redstate.com/jaycaruso/2016/10/31/rick-perry-supposedly-supports-a-primary-challenge-to-ted-cruz/

by Jay Caruso

When Rick Perry dropped out of the presidential race last year, he endorsed Ted Cruz’s candidacy. But once Donald Trump wrapped up the nomination, Perry, the loyal Republican Party guy, got behind Trump. When Ted Cruz didn’t endorse Trump at the GOP convention, Perry was one of the many Republicans not happy with what Cruz did.

Perry was so unhappy with Cruz, he apparently went to Representative Michael McCaul and urged him to challenge Cruz in a primary for the 2018 election.

Late this summer, former Texas Gov. Rick Perry strongly encouraged U.S. Rep. Michael McCaul to challenge U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz’s re-election bid in 2018, according to GOP sources.

The encouragement, which was relayed to The Texas Tribune by two Republican sources familiar with the correspondence, came around the same time that McCaul, an Austin Republican, emerged as a top potential challenger to Cruz’s re-election efforts, amid an outcry among many grassroots conservatives over Cruz’s decision not to endorse presidential nominee Donald Trump at the Republican National Convention.

A Perry spokesman wouldn’t say whether the former governor made such overtures to McCaul, instead praising the six-term member of Congress.

“Rick Perry holds Michael McCaul in the highest esteem,” Perry spokesman Stan Gerdes wrote in an email

That isn’t a confirmation, but it is also not a denial.

For some time, Rick Perry has been floated as a potential primary challenger to Ted Cruz, but the former Governor has repeatedly said he doesn’t want the job, preferring the role of an executive over a legislator.

There is a question as to whether or not Perry is serious or if Texas Republicans are merely issuing a warning to Senator Cruz that he’s not entirely safe.

Time will tell.

Offline skeeter

Re: WOW! Rick Perry Supposedly Supports A Primary Challenge To Ted Cruz
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2016, 10:43:22 pm »
SOURCE: RED STATE

URL: http://www.redstate.com/jaycaruso/2016/10/31/rick-perry-supposedly-supports-a-primary-challenge-to-ted-cruz/

by Jay Caruso

When Rick Perry dropped out of the presidential race last year, he endorsed Ted Cruz’s candidacy. But once Donald Trump wrapped up the nomination, Perry, the loyal Republican Party guy, got behind Trump. When Ted Cruz didn’t endorse Trump at the GOP convention, Perry was one of the many Republicans not happy with what Cruz did.

Perry was so unhappy with Cruz, he apparently went to Representative Michael McCaul and urged him to challenge Cruz in a primary for the 2018 election.

That isn’t a confirmation, but it is also not a denial.

For some time, Rick Perry has been floated as a potential primary challenger to Ted Cruz, but the former Governor has repeatedly said he doesn’t want the job, preferring the role of an executive over a legislator.

There is a question as to whether or not Perry is serious or if Texas Republicans are merely issuing a warning to Senator Cruz that he’s not entirely safe.

Time will tell.

I guess "GOP sources" don't think they're held in low enough esteem by most of their base and are going for a new personal best record.

Drop the Cruz bashing, morons.

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2016, 10:47:15 pm »
WOW! SPLAT! BAMF!

You Trumpettes are all the same. Curiously similar. Very, very, very similar.

Hmmm...
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline rodamala

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2016, 11:35:12 pm »
@bolobaby

You'll be saying 'WOW!' every time!

Silver Pines

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2016, 11:38:54 pm »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2016, 11:39:06 pm »
I do not believe this for a minute.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline bolobaby

How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2016, 11:42:49 pm »
Cruz's endorsement of Trump lowered my respect for him greatly.  If he's primaried, I'll look at who's challenging him.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2016, 11:44:52 pm »
Have a yummy Evan McMullin cookie---baked 'specially for you in the kitchens of the Mormon Mafia!

==============

so u r mormon?

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2016, 11:47:15 pm »

What a fumbling idiot. He has pretty much destroyed his future in politics with 2 disastrous Presidential runs and his Skip to My Lou TV appearance.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2016, 11:49:23 pm »
I support EVERY sitting congressman and senator being primaried in every election cycle. It helps keep their minds on walking the walk, not just talking the talk.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Silver Pines

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2016, 12:11:43 am »
What a fumbling idiot. He has pretty much destroyed his future in politics with 2 disastrous Presidential runs and his Skip to My Lou TV appearance.

@Frank Cannon
@EC

Yep, if that isn't the definition of cringeworthy, I don't know what is.

Silver Pines

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2016, 12:12:53 am »
==============

so u r mormon?

@HAPPY2BME

No, i ur not mormon.  I'm sorry...no, I'm not Mormon.

Why do you ask?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2016, 12:23:14 am »
I told y'all to watch out for Perry.  He's a political animal, and he likes being in charge. 

I suspect that when the dust dies down from the election he and others will come to their senses. 

Online Hoodat

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2016, 12:28:42 am »
And the GOP Establishment's war against Conservatism continues.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2016, 02:28:39 am »
Cruz's endorsement of Trump lowered my respect for him greatly.  If he's primaried, I'll look at who's challenging him.

He explained himself very well in saying he was not supporting Trump as much as he was voting against a President Hillary.

Would you prefer the Kasich approach in voting for McCain?  Now that was a completely useless and gutless vote.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2016, 03:16:55 am »

It wouldn't surprise me if this were true.   Governor Mumbles has never supported Ted Cruz. 

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2016, 03:18:26 am »

Yup.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2016, 03:22:17 am »
I do not believe this for a minute.

I do. Remember when Orange Jesus pondered sponsoring a Super PAC after he was coronated in order to oust Cruz?

Gov Goodhair is beimg a good henchman and is simply starting to lay the groundwork for Donny's "revenge".
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2016, 03:24:05 am »
It wouldn't surprise me if this were true.   Governor Mumbles has never supported Ted Cruz.

He was a Democrat in good standing until just before he became Lt Governor under W.

He's a political opportunist.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 03:24:24 am by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2016, 03:29:23 am »
He explained himself very well in saying he was not supporting Trump as much as he was voting against a President Hillary.

Would you prefer the Kasich approach in voting for McCain?  Now that was a completely useless and gutless vote.

Not True.  CruzT said he was endorsing Trump and he encouraged everybody to vote for Trump.  That's all in.

I voted for McMullin.  I guess that's "useless and gutless" to you.

I live in Texas and will see who primaries Cruz.  I've never liked Cruz, so there's that.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 03:29:41 am by sinkspur »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2016, 03:37:32 am »
Not True.  CruzT said he was endorsing Trump and he encouraged everybody to vote for Trump.  That's all in.

I voted for McMullin.  I guess that's "useless and gutless" to you.

I live in Texas and will see who primaries Cruz.  I've never liked Cruz, so there's that.

Sink he NEVER said he endorsed Trump. Those words never came out of his mouth.

Ive got it you for some weird reason you dont like our Conservative Senator. 

But at least be honest in your dislike and quit assigning words and statements to Senator Cruz that he never said. 

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2016, 05:31:40 am »

I do not understand the mindless bitterness against Ted Cruz.  Yes, he decided to vote for Trump because he is in a position to understand how disastrous Hillary will be and how much her Supreme Court nominees will hurt the country.

Cruz never endorsed Trump per se or supported the man personally.

Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2016, 10:07:30 am »

GIF of Perry after he finally remember the 3rd government agency he would eliminate.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2016, 10:40:44 am »
He was a Democrat in good standing until just before he became Lt Governor under W.

He's a political opportunist.

This is true.
I remember him as a Democrat.