Author Topic: Clinton: I’d add Michelle Obama to my Cabinet  (Read 731 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Clinton: I’d add Michelle Obama to my Cabinet
« on: October 31, 2016, 08:56:55 pm »
October 31, 2016, 04:35 pm
Clinton: I’d add Michelle Obama to my Cabinet

By Mark Hensch
Hillary Clinton says she is open to making first lady Michelle Obama a member of her Cabinet should she become president.

“She’s made it pretty clear she wants to focus on important issues like girls’ education around the world – she and I actually talked about it when we were together in Winston-Salem [N.C.] – and I want to be the best partner I can be for whenever she wants to be involved in government again,” she said in an interview with Extra released Monday.

“I think she wants to take a break from it, but if she ever wants to do anything like that, I would be the number-one person.”

Clinton, the Democratic presidential nominee, added that she admires Obama’s work both in the White House and on the campaign trail.

“Well, I don’t know how anybody could have done what she’s done for the last eight years with more grace and more of a sense of purpose but inclusivity,” she said.

“She’s been an exemplary first lady, and I know how hard that job is,” added Clinton, who is herself a former first lady. "So I feel so close to her and I’m so appreciative of all the help she’s giving me, all the confidence and courage, because it’s hard.”

President Obama said last Friday his wife would “never run for office,” despite her high-profile role in the 2016 race.

“She is as talented and brilliant a person as there is and I could not be prouder of her, but Michelle does not have the patience or the inclination to actually be a candidate herself,” he said of Michelle Obama on the “Sway in the Morning” satellite radio show. "That’s one thing y’all can take to the bank.”

Michelle Obama has emerged as one of Clinton’s major surrogates after several powerful speeches promoting the former secretary of State.

The first lady grabbed headlines earlier this month, for example, by delivering a stinging rebuke to GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump’s past behavior toward women.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/303658-clinton-id-add-michelle-obama-to-my-cabinet
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

geronl

Re: Clinton: I’d add Michelle Obama to my Cabinet
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2016, 09:15:52 pm »
Lunch Csar

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2016, 09:19:29 pm »
Lunch Csar

Need a full time garden tender.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline beandog

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2016, 09:19:29 pm »
Yea, let's give Michelle another job she gets paid not to do.  The Beast is so full of it.  She can't stand Michelle.  This is just pandering to blacks.

Wingnut

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2016, 09:38:09 pm »
Of course, Michelle Obama needs some kind of experience in a government office (beyond just being First Lady) to run for President in 2020 or 2024, and being appointed to the Cabinet is a lot easier than running for the House, Senate, or a Governorship.
Let it burn.

geronl

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2016, 09:54:38 pm »
Need a full time garden tender.

You mean, to scare away the birds and stuff....

geronl

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2016, 09:55:40 pm »
Speech writer

definitely not a job for Melania after "Never going to let you down, never going to let you go"...

Wingnut

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2016, 11:19:10 pm »
You mean, to scare away the birds and stuff....

LOL.  "I'll miss you most of all Scarecrow"

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2016, 11:24:06 pm »
definitely not a job for Melania after "Never going to let you down, never going to let you go"...

I honestly thought that was the best part of her speech. I mean, I got more laughs from that than from the rest of her speech...   888sunglass
Let it burn.