Author Topic: Donald Trump is refusing to pay his campaign pollster three-quarters of a million dollars  (Read 1338 times)

Offline sinkspur

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/10/31/donald-trump-is-refusing-to-pay-his-campaign-pollster-nearly-three-quarters-of-a-million-dollars/

Donald Trump is refusing to pay his campaign pollster three-quarters of a million dollars

By Matea Gold October 31 at 1:00 PM

Donald Trump's hiring of pollster Tony Fabrizio in May was viewed as a sign that the real estate mogul was finally bringing seasoned operatives into his insurgent operation.

But the Republican presidential nominee appears to have taken issue with some of the services provided by the veteran GOP strategist, who has advised candidates from 1996 GOP nominee Bob Dole to Florida Gov. Rick Scott. The Trump campaign's latest Federal Election Commission report shows that it is disputing nearly $767,000 that Fabrizio's firm says it is still owed for polling.

Trump campaign officials declined to provide details about the reason the campaign has declined to pay the sum to Fabrizio Lee, the pollster's Fort Lauderdale, Fla.-based firm. "This is an administrative issue that we're resolving internally," said senior communications adviser Jason Miller. Fabrizio did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

Fabrizio was an ally of former campaign chairman Paul Manafort, who persuaded a skeptical Trump in the spring that he needed a professional pollster. The abrupt departure of Manafort in August and Trump's hiring of pollster Kellyanne Conway to be his campaign manager raised questions about whether Fabrizio would stay on. There have also been multiple reports that Trump and his son-in-law Jared Kushner have rejected Fabrizio's advice.

Even though he was hired in May, the campaign did not make any payments to Fabrizio until September, when his firm received nearly $624,000, federal filings show. Trump's finance reports show that the campaign owes the firm an additional $55,300 on top of the $766,756.67 in debt that it is contesting.

Fabrizio’s polling firm has also been paid by the Committee on Arrangements for the 2016 Republican National Convention, which gave it $273,378 in July, federal filings show.

Despite his issues with Fabrizio, Trump appears to have warmed up to pollsters in general. Since late August, the GOP nominee has tapped four other polling firms to conduct voter surveys, including Conway's, which had been paid $673,000 through Oct. 19, filings show.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

This should be a lesson:  don't work for this cheap bastard.

Offline sinkspur

When Trump loses, he's going to stiff everybody.

Offline bolobaby

"What is this poll that says I'm losing??? I'm not giving you any money for this! Go get someone who is happy to be themself to conduct a new poll where I am winning!!!"
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

geronl

Suckers should have known Trump never pays his bills.

geronl

When Trump loses, he's going to stiff everybody.

Trump is making a profit on this campaign. He's paying himself rents, paying himself and his kids and all kinds of things. I've heard he only donated around $30,000 to his own campaign.

Offline montanajoe

I suspect Trump figures his pollsters poll is rigged to because it is showing him losing...

He's got Yuge Yuge numbers of marks turning out to see him thats more scientific than some poll :shrug:

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire

Campaigns are cash cows for these consultants.   I'd imagine he's just not used to the exorbitant rates they charge.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
There have also been multiple reports that Trump and his son-in-law Jared Kushner have rejected Fabrizio's advice.

Kushner and Donald Jr. are as I understand, running the campaign.  And if Trump wins I’m sure they will be running the White House.
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline Norm Lenhart

Stupid to work for him/stupid to vote for him.

Imagine what would happen when he pulls this crap on Russia or China. Wars have been started over a lot less.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Trump is making a profit on this campaign. He's paying himself rents, paying himself and his kids and all kinds of things. I've heard he only donated around $30,000 to his own campaign.

It pays to have expensive hotels and highly paid kids.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Anyone who works for Trump for money or promises had dang well better get it up front.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
I wish people would actually stop for a moment and read his books. This is not a surprise. He talks in The Art of the Deal and The Art of the Comeback that one of his strategies is to complain after the job is done about the quality (even if it meets contracted standards), withhold payment, and make the other party sue you for payment so he can 'make a deal' on a lower price.

The guy ran his own businesses shadier than a used Yugo dealer, and he wasn't shy about bragging on his tactics.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 10:33:05 pm by AbaraXas »