Author Topic: More Republicans Reversing Course, Saying They Will Vote For Donald Trump After All  (Read 3029 times)

Offline sinkspur

Completely anecdotal.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

HAPPY2BME

Completely anecdotal.

=========================

especially for someone who has completely renounced the republican party, damning it to hell over it or anyone else trying to defeat hillary clinton

ring a bell?

Oceander

Uh-huh.  And I can add in even more anecdote that Trump is convincing democrats who weren't going to vote at all to go vote for Clinton simply to beat him.  I live with one of them.  Trump has been Clinton's best marketing tool, bar none. 

Offline jpsb

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
They like their committee chairs and assignments.

Now that Trump has made Priebus a permanent fixture of the Establishment Ruling Class - they dare not risk losing their plumb seats and sent packing to a basement cubicle to serve out the remainder of their term before the Establishment runs someone against them next cycle.  So they will vote for Priebus' boy.

Because cronyism, extortion and threat are what made up this entire circus of an election and I expect it will be the primary feature of a Trump dictatorship.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Uh-huh.  And I can add in even more anecdote that Trump is convincing democrats who weren't going to vote at all to go vote for Clinton simply to beat him.  I live with one of them.  Trump has been Clinton's best marketing tool, bar none.

Good point.   I notice this in my neighborhood, too -  folks who don't care much for Clinton are revved up to vote for her because they want no part of Trump. 

This is a lesser-of-two-evils election for many on the liberal/moderate side too.   If someone like Kasich were the GOP nominee,  he'd snag a good number of moderate and even liberal votes since his integrity and experience contrasts well with Clinton.  Folks know full well how corrupt and flabby Clinton and her candidacy are.   But Trump has motivated them to get out and vote like no other.   She's all that stands between this nation and President Trump.   
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 04:44:53 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

HAPPY2BME

Offline Longmire

@HAPPY2BME That second video is pure kryptonite...just emailed to my list. 

HAPPY2BME

@HAPPY2BME That second video is pure kryptonite...just emailed to my list.

=========================

.. swimming in an ocean of lex luthors ..

Offline DiogenesLamp

More Republicans Reversing Course, Saying They Will Vote For Donald Trump After All

This nagging thought has crossed my mind;  that the biggest non-spoken hatred of Trump is based less on moral outrage,  and more on the belief that he could not win,  and he is therefore deserving of being an object of hatred. 

Now that the impression he cannot win is seemingly reversed,  i've been noticing an immediate drop in the level of animosity directed at the man.   This place seems a lot deader than it has been for the last several weeks. 

Grumbling still,   but not as much of that vituperous hatred which had been directed at him. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

Trump did not do that.   The New York Liberal Media did that,  and they did it precisely because they knew it would motivate idiots.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Even though Il is a lost cause I have now decided to vote for Trump instead of leaving it blank and just vote down ticket like I had planned....
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline pjohns

All elections tend to tighten as Election Day grows nearer; and a part of that is the tendency of party members to come home at the last minute.

Of course, this year there is a larger percentage of those who previously said that they could not vote for the party nominee.

But I do think it is going to be rather close, in the popular vote.

As regarding the electoral vote--which is what really matters--the only way that I can envision a Trump victory is if he is correct in asserting that many do not wish to tell pollsters that they intend to vote for him (even though that is secretly their intention). 

Offline Longmire

Even though Il is a lost cause I have now decided to vote for Trump instead of leaving it blank and just vote down ticket like I had planned....

Trump has her on the ropes, he'll become our next President.  :patriot:

HAPPY2BME

=======================

I know that was a hard decision for you, and I understand how you feel.

Thanks for sharing.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

Isn't it amazing?

No one in the NeverTrump camp on this board is ridiculing, insulting or castigating your decision to vote for Trump.

We get it.

And yet, we are told by projectionists that all we do is insult, ridicule and demean those supporting Trump.

It's easy to discern who actually still believes in liberty and whom among us does not when it comes to whom we choose to cast a ballot.

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Completely anecdotal.

I dunno.  I was behind a lady in a line at the grocery store and I heard her say something like Trump is a dope or Trump gets my vote.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Isn't it amazing?

No one in the NeverTrump camp on this board is ridiculing, insulting or castigating your decision to vote for Trump.

We get it.

And yet, we are told by projectionists that all we do is insult, ridicule and demean those supporting Trump.

It's easy to discern who actually still believes in liberty and whom among us does not when it comes to whom we choose to cast a ballot.

All along, I've been okay and understanding of people who are voting Trump strictly to keep Hillary out of office. 

The trump lovers paint with a very broad brush.  And, in fact, the trumpers have no respect for anyone who sees the reality of Donald Trump, even if those people are voting for him.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline jpsb

Good for you, I hope and pray you will not regret it.

Offline Frank Cannon

All along, I've been okay and understanding of people who are voting Trump strictly to keep Hillary out of office. 

The trump lovers paint with a very broad brush.  And, in fact, the trumpers have no respect for anyone who sees the reality of Donald Trump, even if those people are voting for him.

Some of the worst salesmen for Donny are his supporters.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
"More Republicans Reversing Course ... "

Quelle surprise. Colour me shocked here. I thought all Repubs were models of probity and fortitude, with spines of adamantium!

Well,  I guess you could argue they do have spines of adamantium. It's a fictitious material. Much like their spines.

@mystery-ak  - really, can we have a spit emoji?

Edit to add - I'm referring to politicians here. It wasn't clear, my apologies.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 09:00:14 am by EC »
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Just can't bring myself to vote for either.  Both are evil POS'

The 11,000,000+ people who gave us Trump in the primaries are responsible for this disaster.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

If you must, you must.   I cannot do the same but understand your position.   I hope that there can be reconciliation after this election;  Clinton will be a crippled President from day one and unity among conservatives can be a potent weapon to contain her.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Night Hides Not

If you must, you must.   I cannot do the same but understand your position.   I hope that there can be reconciliation after this election;  Clinton will be a crippled President from day one and unity among conservatives can be a potent weapon to contain her.

I understand virtually everyone's position regarding their votes. I have never been in such a quandary. I voted for Johnson, as a protest vote and to do my small part to help a third party qualify for matching funds in 2020. The monopoly known as the UniParty must be loosed from the iron grip they hold on our republic. Both parties are sclerotic and unable to move this country forward. Is the Libertarian Party the answer? Doubtful, and I'll be supporting conservative groups and causes moving forward.

Having said that, I will also be leery of those using organizations as the TEA Party for their own aggrandizement and personal pursuit of power and wealth...do you hear me, Katrina Pierson?
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.