Author Topic: The Republican Mandate on Election Day: Diversify or Die  (Read 3609 times)

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Re: The Republican Mandate on Election Day: Diversify or Die
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2016, 04:26:30 pm »
wrong

return to conservatism or die

^^^^  THIS!

Of course that will never happen, so the the GOP is already dead to me AFAIC.

Conservatives need a new party to call home.

I'm making efforts for the Constitution Party to fill that bill.

I'm forever done with the GOP.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

geronl

« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2016, 04:29:33 pm »

I'm with you on that.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2016, 04:54:15 pm »
The biggest mistake the GOP  makes with black conservatives is that there's no sense they have their back.   It's tough being a black conservative, there's a lot of pressure on them to conform with the crabs that are trying to pull them back into the bucket.   The GOP needs to make it clear that they have a place in the party and that they will have their back,  until then, mainly out of intimidation, they'll stay with the Rats.

Offline corbe

« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2016, 04:58:41 pm »
^^^^  THIS!

Of course that will never happen, so the the GOP is already dead to me AFAIC.

I'll THIRD that!!!!!!!
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2016, 05:07:35 pm »
@sinkspur
@mystery-ak

"So any assessment of the path forward following his inevitable defeat next week has to take into account the factors that led to that success."

I am afraid Trump might win.  I detest this "the emperor has no clothes" man who is mentally unstable and I believe he will start WWIII due to his ignorance and sociopathic/paranoid behavior.  This is the first time in my 83 years I literally, actually, "hate" a candidate and it is his behavior that I "hate".  He lies like an automatic machine you can't turn off.  I hate the way he presents his body as it is evidence of mental instability.  He is orange because he wants to look different than the way he really is. 

His hair is another sign he wants to be something he is not.  When he was losing hair, he had a plastic surgeon cut his scalp to cut out bald spots and pull and sew the remaining skin with hair together.  The pain he had after the surgery was so bad, he blamed his wife for his pain as it was her plastic surgeon who did the surgery.  He wanted the wife to suffer the pain he was having, so he grabbed her by the hair and pull gobs of it out, then asked, "Does that hurt?"

This man is flawed to the extent he has no redeeming value and he may be president with the red button he can punch when he wants to punish the world because it is "unfair" to him and it is "rigged" against him.  His paranoia is of a height seldom seen outside a mental institution.  In  his mind he is the greatest on earth and if there is the slightest opposition to him, he will go after that "unfair" "rigged" person or organization (or country in the future), and pursue him/her/it  until the entity is destroyed in wealth or reputation.  If he goes after a country, which I believe he will do when a country opposes him, there will be war.

HonestJohn

« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2016, 08:18:05 pm »
You know why they go down in flames, don't you?

If Trump has revealed anything, he's shown how deep prejudice and racism runs in the GOP ranks.

Yeah, pretty much.

"JEW S. A." was the latest out of the Trumpist camp.

HonestJohn

« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2016, 08:19:47 pm »

:shrug:  To me you sound like a Democrat. Everyone and everything is racist.

Jindal, alan keyes, mia love, herman cain.... diverse candidates who went nowhere.

GOP should be the party of personal responsibility. that is the party I know. Even for poor whites (Trumponista's big mistake).

The Truman aphorism is right, when you give people the choice between a Democrat and a Democrat, they'll choose a democrat every time. It's true.

The fact that GOP primary voters do not vote for diverse candidates is *NOT* lost upon Democrats and independents.  In fact, Democrats *LOVE* to remind independents of that fact.

It helps them win.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2016, 08:23:39 pm »
The idea of a GOP that appeals to all races is nice in theory, but it's just never happened. Even in the days of Reagan.

As long as the Democrats are the party of victim politics, people will look to an alternative, which will be painted as "racist" by the media.
Pandering to certain voting blocs never works for Pubbies because it is impossible to outpander the Dems. Better to lose on principle than lose by getting on your knees and begging the ignorati to vote for you....which they won't anyway.

HonestJohn

« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2016, 08:32:27 pm »
??  Except who is NOT offering a ticket of all whitey this time?  Anyone?  Character and issues are what matter.  Diversity happens naturally or it is worthless.  Worse than worthless, it is divisive.  We need to start thinking in terms of Americans without hyphens.   Unity should be the focus.  Not diversity.  Unity around shared principles.

Yes... and nothing in that post contradicts why all the outreach in the world isn't going to overcome the inbuilt attitudes of the existing GOP primary voter.  Nor does it attempt to migitate the ability for Democrats to capitalize on that fact.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2016, 08:33:10 pm »

Waste of time IMO. People will not want to hear a message of self-reliance in the ghettos. They want to know what government can do for them. If they already believed in self-reliance, they'd be living in the suburbs.

Just concentrate on:

1) The suburbs
2) nominating truly likable candidates. This means going outside the ideologue echo chamber to find anyone who can run who is likable and personable.
Actually, the Pubbies had the "ethnic" candidate who would be stomping Hillary now....Rubio. He wasn't in my first five picks, but considering everything he's probably the most appealing Pubbie candidate out there. But he didn't get the nomination.  A minority of Pubbie voters decided that nominating a rabble-rousing,  Orange-faced nitwit was the way go.
But a Rubio presidency would have shown certain minorities, chiefly Hispanic, that Republicans aren't evil ogres out to send them back to wherever or take away their rights. The Republican Party muffed it....bigly.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2016, 08:44:18 pm »
Actually, the Pubbies had the "ethnic" candidate who would be stomping Hillary now....Rubio. He wasn't in my first five picks, but considering everything he's probably the most appealing Pubbie candidate out there. But he didn't get the nomination.  A minority of Pubbie voters decided that nominating a rabble-rousing,  Orange-faced nitwit was the way go.
But a Rubio presidency would have shown certain minorities, chiefly Hispanic, that Republicans aren't evil ogres out to send them back to wherever or take away their rights. The Republican Party muffed it....bigly.

I voted for Rubio, but not because he was a minority. Thought he was a good guy (who made a few errors).

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2016, 08:50:22 pm »
The biggest mistake the GOP  makes with black conservatives is that there's no sense they have their back.   It's tough being a black conservative, there's a lot of pressure on them to conform with the crabs that are trying to pull them back into the bucket.   The GOP needs to make it clear that they have a place in the party and that they will have their back,  until then, mainly out of intimidation, they'll stay with the Rats.
If that is the problem. But is it? Maybe the great bulk of black voters simply like the Democrat cooking over the Pubbie cooking.
Sixty years ago the Republican Party could still count on a substantial percentage of black voters. Now they're lucky if they can get 10%.
Why is that? Is it because the Republican Party, the party that for almost a century was the party of blacks, turned into a racist party? I don't think so. The Dems got a major pct. of blacks on the gov. teat, and now many blacks don't want to get off. Obviously, they like having preferences and being thought of as victims. How do you overcome that?
In 2004 Alan Keyes, admittedly a carpetbagger, got about 10% of the black vote in the  Illinois senatorial race between him and Obama. Why was that? Was it because Keyes was a latecomer? I doubt it. If Obama had parachuted in at the last second, he still would have won the black vote handily. Blacks simply didn't like Keyes conservative message. A number of black voters were quoted as saying "they didn't like being lectured to."
Face it.....most Blacks don't like the Republican message of self reliance and ditching victimhood. They like things as they are. 

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2016, 09:12:11 pm »
Appealing to ethnicities & group identities over principles and policies leads to racism and every other kind of ism, and the democratic party excels at that.

The GOP needs to stick to ideas and leave the race baiting to the left.

If we have learned anything from Trump and his fence it is that Americans want a secured border.  It doesn't make Americans racist.  It makes them people wanting to see the law enforced.  If they continue with the amnesty=loosers.   
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2016, 01:27:20 am »
@sinkspur
@mystery-ak

"So any assessment of the path forward following his inevitable defeat next week has to take into account the factors that led to that success."

I am afraid Trump might win.  I detest this "the emperor has no clothes" man who is mentally unstable and I believe he will start WWIII due to his ignorance and sociopathic/paranoid behavior.  This is the first time in my 83 years I literally, actually, "hate" a candidate and it is his behavior that I "hate".  He lies like an automatic machine you can't turn off.  I hate the way he presents his body as it is evidence of mental instability.  He is orange because he wants to look different than the way he really is. 

His hair is another sign he wants to be something he is not.  When he was losing hair, he had a plastic surgeon cut his scalp to cut out bald spots and pull and sew the remaining skin with hair together.  The pain he had after the surgery was so bad, he blamed his wife for his pain as it was her plastic surgeon who did the surgery.  He wanted the wife to suffer the pain he was having, so he grabbed her by the hair and pull gobs of it out, then asked, "Does that hurt?"

This man is flawed to the extent he has no redeeming value and he may be president with the red button he can punch when he wants to punish the world because it is "unfair" to him and it is "rigged" against him.  His paranoia is of a height seldom seen outside a mental institution.  In  his mind he is the greatest on earth and if there is the slightest opposition to him, he will go after that "unfair" "rigged" person or organization (or country in the future), and pursue him/her/it  until the entity is destroyed in wealth or reputation.  If he goes after a country, which I believe he will do when a country opposes him, there will be war.

Oh.  I had heard about that but not in detail.  Trump is a sick pervert.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/07/27/ex-wife-donald-trump-made-feel-violated-during-sex.html
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.