Author Topic: How Clinton plans to deal with Comey's October surprise  (Read 730 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
How Clinton plans to deal with Comey's October surprise
« on: October 30, 2016, 02:45:46 pm »
 How Clinton plans to deal with Comey's October surprise

The campaign is projecting confidence publicly, and working behind the scenes to use the latest email news to galvanize supporters.

By Gabriel Debenedetti

10/30/16 06:37 AM EDT

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. — In the hours after FBI Director James Comey threw a wrench into Hillary Clinton's home-stretch plans, her campaign launched into an uncharacteristic frenzy of activity, quickly trying to turn the development into a base-energizing tool.

But in her New York headquarters and her battleground state outposts, the news sent shivers down operatives' spines, and immediately had them scrambling to gauge the effect on voters they need most.

Late on Friday, after Clinton went out of her way to hold a rare news conference in Des Moines, campaign chairman John Podesta and other top aides convened a private call with previously in-the-dark swing state leaders to update them on the situation, according to participants. The message: Everything is under control.

more
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/clinton-comey-october-surprise-abedin-emails-230496
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sinkspur

Re: How Clinton plans to deal with Comey's October surprise
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2016, 02:48:14 pm »
This is where GOTV matters.

Hillary has it.  Trump doesn't.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2016, 02:52:59 pm »
For the Clintons, it is always the same playbook strategy: delay, deny, deflect and destroy.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

HonestJohn

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2016, 07:47:12 pm »
For the Clintons, it is always the same playbook strategy: delay, deny, deflect and destroy.

That sounds like every politician's playbook.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2016, 08:01:21 pm »
Lots of whistling past the graveyard here. This is an extremely damaging thing to her campaign. She is lucky that early voting has gone on a week already because I think a lot of people on the fence will not vote for a crook.

Offline bilo

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2016, 08:53:55 pm »
Lots of whistling past the graveyard here. This is an extremely damaging thing to her campaign. She is lucky that early voting has gone on a week already because I think a lot of people on the fence will not vote for a crook.

I think you're right. Trump has a shot at winning because of this and how it also magnifies the wikileaks releases. If Trump stays calm and on message "hillary is corrupt" he has a shot.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline corbe

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2016, 09:02:15 pm »

I agree with your First premise @Frank Cannon, Early Voting helps BOTH Candidates as much crap that is flying each day in this campaign,  BUT, if anyone was 'sitting on the fence' because they were unsure Hillary was a Crook, That LIV probably goes to Trump anyway, stupid is as stupid does.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2016, 09:21:26 pm »
I was waiting to hear news of some other black kid getting killed in a confrontation with a (union) cop. That's what has seemed to conveniently happen every time something bad has come out against Hillary. I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet—but they may be waiting until later this week for something fresh.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024