Author Topic: Chicago Tribune: Democrats should ask Hillary Clinton to step aside - John Kass  (Read 1521 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Democrats should ask Hillary Clinton to step aside

Has America become so numb by the decades of lies and cynicism oozing from Clinton Inc. that it could elect Hillary Clinton as president, even after Friday's FBI announcement that it had reopened an investigation of her emails while secretary of state?

We'll find out in a little more than a week.

It's obvious the American political system is breaking down. It's been crumbling for some time now, and the establishment elite know it and they're properly frightened. Donald Trump, the vulgarian at their gates, is a symptom, not a cause. Hillary Clinton and husband Bill are both cause and effect.

FBI director James Comey's announcement about the renewed Clinton email investigation is the bombshell in the presidential campaign. That he announced this so close to Election Day should tell every thinking person that what the FBI is looking at is extremely serious.

Read More At:  http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/kass/ct-hillary-clinton-emails-kass-1030-20161028-column.html

Offline Idiot

Offline LMAO

So first we had articles were Republicans were encouraged to have Donald Trump resign.

Now we see articles were Democrats are urged to encourage the resignation of Hillary Clinton .

Best election ever
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

@TomSea

Your tagline is my most favorite CS Lewis quote. It's brutally truthful
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline jpsb

I posted this on another thread but I am going to put here too,

I am very curious about what is really going on here. Possibilities I see.

FBI found emails from Huma to Hillary on Weiners devices. Maybe, but they did not have the authority to look at those emails so they had no way to determine if those emails contained anything criminal. Why reopen an investigation without first obtaining a warrant and having a look? All of which could have been done quietly without effecting the election. If the above is all the FBIs got then the FBI blew it big time. 10%

FBI found emails from Huma to Hillary on Weiners devices. Had a look at them and found something big This I consider a real possibility, but unlikely. 30%

The FBI knows that a future wikileak going to expose Hillary as a criminal and wants to get on top of it before wikileaks releases  Again I think this is a real possibility but unlikely. 30%

The FBI is a disgraced organization and wants to reclaim it's credibility. I consider this the most likely reason. That $500,000 to the wife of the man heading the investigation was probably the last straw for rank and file FBI agents and they revolted in mass. 50%

I'm hoping for something big but I don't expect it.

Offline roamer_1

FBI found emails from Huma to Hillary on Weiners devices. Maybe, but they did not have the authority to look at those emails so they had no way to determine if those emails contained anything criminal. Why reopen an investigation without first obtaining a warrant and having a look? All of which could have been done quietly without effecting the election. If the above is all the FBIs got then the FBI blew it big time. 10%

FBI found emails from Huma to Hillary on Weiners devices. Had a look at them and found something big This I consider a real possibility, but unlikely. 30%

Il-founded. The FBI has already declared there are no emails to or from HRC in the new batch of emails... So it is the content thereof that is in context.

The FBI knows that a future wikileak going to expose Hillary as a criminal and wants to get on top of it before wikileaks releases  Again I think this is a real possibility but unlikely. 30%

The FBI is a disgraced organization and wants to reclaim it's credibility. I consider this the most likely reason. That $500,000 to the wife of the man heading the investigation was probably the last straw for rank and file FBI agents and they revolted in mass. 50%

Mere speculation. I would prefer to deal in facts.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 05:10:00 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
roamer wrote:
"The FBI has already declared there are no emails to or from HRC in the new batch of emails... "

The emails in question may be "forwards" from someone (not clinton) to someone else (not clinton), but could very well have material written BY clinton within the body of the text.

If you send me an email, and I then forward it to recipient x, someone could say that there was no email "to you" or "from you" in that specific transaction because the email in question was sent BY me and TO recipient x. But YOU would very much be involved with it.

Yes, it's a parsing of words, but that's what we've come to expect from politicians, especially the clintons...

Offline roamer_1

roamer wrote:
"The FBI has already declared there are no emails to or from HRC in the new batch of emails... "

The emails in question may be "forwards" from someone (not clinton) to someone else (not clinton), but could very well have material written BY clinton within the body of the text.

Which is what i said - The content is what is in context.

If you send me an email, and I then forward it to recipient x, someone could say that there was no email "to you" or "from you" in that specific transaction because the email in question was sent BY me and TO recipient x. But YOU would very much be involved with it.

Yes, it's a parsing of words, but that's what we've come to expect from politicians, especially the clintons...

Yeah... mostly unicorn poop. This email thing has gone on and on and on, and she wound up fine. To pin any hope on this time around is simply being a glutton for punishment, IMO. Especially since the wording of the FBI guy's letter was so reassuring. In my experience (which is more than passing), letters from law folks are more sterile than reassuring when they're crawlin' up behind you.