Author Topic: Tim Kaine: “The Catholic Church Will Change Its Same-Sex Marriage Stance Or It Will Be Banned From The U.S.”  (Read 3874 times)

Offline verga

I can't stand Trump, but I may have to vote for him to keep this sick unconstitutional B@$T@RD$ out!

http://spinzon.com/tim-kaine-catholic-church-will-change-sex-marriage-stance-will-banned-u-s/
Democratic U.S. vice-presidential nominee Tim Kaine announced Saturday that he believes the Catholic Church will change its position on same-sex marriage. The Virginia senator said that just like he had changed his opinion on the issue, the Catholic Church is also likely to follow suit......

“So, what I’m saying here,” he argued, “is that, while I respect the Catholic Church as I’m sure millions of Americans do, you know, at some point it is going to start acting contrary to the Christian faith, and we’re talking about an institution that’s supposed to be the first one on the front line defending it. So, when that happens, and that’s what’s happening with condemning LGBT rights, we’ll state an ultimatum.  The United States of America, more precisely, the future President of the United States of America, Hillary Clinton, will state an ultimatum. And that ultimatum will be to either change its stance on same-sex marriage or pack its bags and get out of America. And yes – the President of the country can do that.”

In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline jpsb

I can't stand Trump, but I may have to vote for him to keep this sick unconstitutional B@$T@RD$ out!

http://spinzon.com/tim-kaine-catholic-church-will-change-sex-marriage-stance-will-banned-u-s/
Democratic U.S. vice-presidential nominee Tim Kaine announced Saturday that he believes the Catholic Church will change its position on same-sex marriage. The Virginia senator said that just like he had changed his opinion on the issue, the Catholic Church is also likely to follow suit......

“So, what I’m saying here,” he argued, “is that, while I respect the Catholic Church as I’m sure millions of Americans do, you know, at some point it is going to start acting contrary to the Christian faith, and we’re talking about an institution that’s supposed to be the first one on the front line defending it. So, when that happens, and that’s what’s happening with condemning LGBT rights, we’ll state an ultimatum.  The United States of America, more precisely, the future President of the United States of America, Hillary Clinton, will state an ultimatum. And that ultimatum will be to either change its stance on same-sex marriage or pack its bags and get out of America. And yes – the President of the country can do that.”

If you like your religion you can keep your religion. 

The state is imposing its' religion (secular humanism) on us. All other religions will be banned. The first to be banned will be Christianity.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

geronl

Offline jpsb

we don't ban churches

Tell that to all the people being made homeless for being good Christians.

Oceander

Oh goody.  Back to the future of anti-Catholicism. 

Offline Longmire

Kaine is signalling exactly what he and Clinton are prepared to do if elected...weigh your choice carefully.

Offline jpsb

Kaine is signalling exactly what he and Clinton are prepared to do if elected...weigh your choice carefully.

That is exactly correct. They, the Marxists in government, especially in the courts are outlawing Christian beliefs. They are forcing Christian institutions and Christians go against the teachings of Christ.  Elect Hillary and get more, much more of the same.

Offline verga

we don't ban churches
@geronl How many Christian businesses have been assaulted and closed due to their stance?
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

And his attitude is "Oh well, the law is the law"

Offline Frank Cannon

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
What a pantsload.

Sure, Timmy. You're gonna ban the religion which a massive chunk of your voter base - illegals - takes FAR more seriously than politics?

Rave on. Depress that vote, lad. Don't let us stop you.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 12:42:09 pm by EC »
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
I'd like to see independent verification of this quote, but if true,  it's absolutely outrageous (and I'm a supporter of civil marriage equality).   I've tended to pooh-pooh the recent "threat to religious liberty" memes,  but if this is the view of the Democratic vice presidential candidate,  I may have to admit I'm wrong.

My God, we face such a horrible choice this year.       
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
This reads like a satire/trolling piece and the other articles on that site pretty much indicate it is a fake news site.  I knew this one sounded over the top. Even if they believed it, they wouldn't project it this overtly.

It is good to be cautious, a lot of fake news sites have popped up in this election cycle specifically to get people chasing fake stories.

I checked whois and this site was just created a couple of months ago.

Offline andy58-in-nh

Both conservative and Orthodox Jewish denominations also forbid same-sex marriage. Will they be banned as well?
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
This reads like a satire/trolling piece

I think you're right.   It's hard to believe Kaine would say anything that outrageous.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
@AbaraXas

This reads like a satire/trolling piece and the other articles on that site pretty much indicate it is a fake news site.  I knew this one sounded over the top. Even if they believed it, they wouldn't project it this overtly.

You're right.  It's bogus.

I tried to find a full transcript, but couldn't.  So I then found a youtube video of the entire speech.  While the initial lines about the Church are there, everything after "it is very good" is not in the speech.  That's all the stuff about banning the church, etc.. The stuff about Catholicism and gay rights starts at about the 17 :00 mark and goes for about 45 minutes.  I listened to the rest just to be sure, but it isn't in there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4UeXY_w57E
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 01:13:08 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
we don't ban churches

@geronl, look at the lightening fast conversion of Americans from "same-sex marriage - WTH?" to broad acceptance of same-sex "marriage". 

Offline sinkspur

Kaine never said this.  It is totally made up and came from a fake news site:

http://www.snopes.com/tim-kaine-ban-catholic-church/
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline jpsb

Kaine on same sex marriage.

Kaine predicts Catholic church will change its teaching on gay marriage

While Kaine did not threaten to ban the church we know for a fact the courts are already punishing Christians for practicing their faith. 

Online Maj. Bill Martin

Kaine on same sex marriage.

Kaine predicts Catholic church will change its teaching on gay marriage

While Kaine did not threaten to ban the church we know for a fact the courts are already punishing Christians for practicing their faith.

Yes, but that is an order of magnitude different from a bogus article claiming he wanted to ban the church.

Offline verga

@AbaraXas

You're right.  It's bogus.

I tried to find a full transcript, but couldn't.  So I then found a youtube video of the entire speech.  While the initial lines about the Church are there, everything after "it is very good" is not in the speech.  That's all the stuff about banning the church, etc.. The stuff about Catholicism and gay rights starts at about the 17 :00 mark and goes for about 45 minutes.  I listened to the rest just to be sure, but it isn't in there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4UeXY_w57E
@Maj. Bill Martin Thank you for finding out. I usually don't post articles like this, but given some of the other stupid things he has said in the past....

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
I wonder if they'll treat Muslims the same way.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

@Maj. Bill Martin Thank you for finding out. I usually don't post articles like this, but given some of the other stupid things he has said in the past....

No problem!

Offline DiogenesLamp

This is the ugly situation to which a bunch of us have awakened.   As bad as Trump might be,  it is clear that Hillary will be far far worse. 

The fire is not an improvement over the frying pan. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —