Author Topic: Trump: 'We should just cancel the election and just give it to Trump'  (Read 1930 times)

HonestJohn

By NOLAN D. MCCASKILL
10/27/16 06:03 PM EDT
Updated 10/27/16 06:03 PM EDT

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/donald-trump-election-cancel-230414

Donald Trump suggested canceling the election Thursday and granting himself the presidency.

“What a difference. You know, what a difference this is,” Trump said during a rally in Toledo, Ohio, after comparing his tax plan with Hillary Clinton’s.
Story Continued Below

“And just thinking to myself right now, we should just cancel the election and just give it to Trump, right? What are we even having it for? What are we having it for?” he asked. “Her policies are so bad. Boy, do we have a big difference.”

Twelve days from Election Day, Trump’s indication that he should be given the White House also comes as he trails Clinton nationally and in a number of key battleground states. Polls also show Clinton is challenging the GOP nominee in Republican strongholds like Arizona, Utah and Texas.

Trump, who has propagated unsubstantiated claims that the election is rigged against him, has also suggested that if he were to lose, he may not concede the election, bucking the tradition of a concession by the loser and a peaceful transfer of power.

(more at link)

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Re: Trump: 'We should just cancel the election and just give it to Trump'
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2016, 10:19:28 pm »
Take heed when ye think ye stand...
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2016, 10:32:57 pm »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Resp3

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2016, 10:37:41 pm »
Donald Trump suggested canceling the election Thursday and granting himself the presidency.

Just a sign of things to expect IF Orange Glorious wins the election. But why not? Dear Leader has been acting on Ex Priv alone for the last eight years. Why should Trump act any different?

Adding... And if Nobama hasn't unilaterally decreed all these many illegal actions - then he had the gutless Repukes in Congress that failed again and again to overturn his laws.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 10:46:32 pm by Resp3 »

Online roamer_1

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2016, 10:48:44 pm »
Pride goeth before the fall... And it's dang near winter.

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2016, 11:07:33 pm »
I really think this was his attempt at making a joke.

Although there are probably some of his supporters who would love to cancel the election and just install him a Supreme Leader.

But I do find Trump referring to himself in the 3rd person a bit creepy.

Yea, I know Bob Dole.  But Dole did have a great sense of humor.
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2016, 11:11:01 pm »
“And just thinking to myself right now, we should just cancel the election and just give it to Trump, right? What are we even having it for? What are we having it for?” he asked. “Her policies are so bad. Boy, do we have a big difference.”

Are we speaking in 3rd person now? OK. I'm in.

AllThatJazzZ disagrees. AllThatJazzZ thinks Trump is unqualified in every respect to be POTUS. AllThatJazzZ would NEVER vote for Hildebeast, but AllThatJazzZ couldn't bring herself to vote for Trump either.

AllThatJazzZ has begged Republicans (and Democrats who have played mischief with our primary process) not to allow Trump to be our nominee, but AllThatJazzZ received the left hand of fellowship from a large number of people she thought were fellow travelers. Therefore, AllThatJazzZ strongly takes issue with Trump's suggestion that it should be decreed that he wins the presidency. Oh, and, Donald. Stop trying to be cutesy. Your stupidity is a reflection on all of us.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2016, 01:45:58 am »

Although there are probably some of his supporters who would love to cancel the election and just install him a Supreme Leader.

But I do find Trump referring to himself in the 3rd person a bit creepy.

Yea, I know Bob Dole.  But Dole did have a great sense of humor.

He refers to the third person all the time.

This is another Fascism warning.  When I hear Trump I think Tyrant and dictator.  When I hear Hillary I think corrupt and liar.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

geronl

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2016, 01:54:32 am »
Just when you think he couldn't get worse, he defies expectations

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2016, 02:14:42 am »
Its not the first time Mr "man of the people" has suggested crapping on the people and giving him an election.

geronl

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2016, 02:23:33 am »
Its not the first time Mr "man of the people" has suggested crapping on the people and giving him an election.

I remember that, I remembering mocking it at FR too

Wingnut

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2016, 02:32:53 am »

Except for the honey words part.....

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2016, 02:36:09 am »

I'm sure it was. It's nothing to joke about.

More poor judgement from Trump.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2016, 02:41:46 am »
All the red flags regarding Trump are hiding in plain sight.

Ignore them at your peril.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2016, 02:46:03 am »
New York doesn't even like Trump.  It is solid Clinton.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2016, 02:53:59 am »
Again, let's not take words out of context, the full statement is:

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/donald-trump-election-cancel-230414#ixzz4OLQO1nzT
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

That's obvious, his policies would be better, the Democrats, have entangled us in war, is racist against most all people.  Is the party of the genocide of abortion in this country.

Even he should be able to kid around.

Online DB

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2016, 03:24:20 am »
Are we speaking in 3rd person now? OK. I'm in.

AllThatJazzZ disagrees. AllThatJazzZ thinks Trump is unqualified in every respect to be POTUS. AllThatJazzZ would NEVER vote for Hildebeast, but AllThatJazzZ couldn't bring herself to vote for Trump either.

AllThatJazzZ has begged Republicans (and Democrats who have played mischief with our primary process) not to allow Trump to be our nominee, but AllThatJazzZ received the left hand of fellowship from a large number of people she thought were fellow travelers. Therefore, AllThatJazzZ strongly takes issue with Trump's suggestion that it should be decreed that he wins the presidency. Oh, and, Donald. Stop trying to be cutesy. Your stupidity is a reflection on all of us.

You are not alone. Yes we've lost many that we thought were "fellow travelers" but at least the mask has been lifted and they've been exposed. One day at a time...
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 04:37:56 am by DB »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2016, 03:39:50 am »

That's obvious, his policies would be better, the Democrats, have entangled us in war, is racist against most all people.  Is the party of the genocide of abortion in this country.

He has a history of Mussolini-esque self-aggrandizing statements about how he will rule.

So all 'joking' aside - this is just more of the same red flags Trump has shot up the flagpoles.

Hildabeast is less a threat and more are clear as to what she is.

We stand a better chance of surviving Hillary's tyranny than Trump's.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2016, 03:58:21 am »

Trump: 'We should just cancel the election and just give it to Trump'

I for one like this idea. It will save me the indignity of voting for any of these losers this year.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2016, 04:22:31 pm »

Idaho Cowboy would never take his words out of context. It was meant to be humorous, but there's a great line from Open Range that comes to Idaho Cowboy's mind.
"Most time, a man will tell you his bad intentions if you listen, let yourself hear."

“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour