Author Topic: The Lonely Life of a Republican Woman  (Read 19493 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: The Lonely Life of a Republican Woman
« Reply #75 on: October 28, 2016, 11:57:47 am »
I am of the opinion that this is manufactured out rage on the part of both Megan Kelly and SE Cupp. Both got where they are on their looks, both had no problem objectivity themselves to advance their career.
The thing is, though, that it's not just them.

Consider Mary Katharine Ham, a woman who is (no offense if you're reading this, Mary, since you'd be more than good enough for me) quite a bit more modest and homely, and yet her distaste for Trump is quite the same. I've been paying some attention to Ham, never knowing what she even looked like until I came across her Twitter account a few days ago, since she was helping out with Hugh Hewitt's blog a decade ago. She's one of the best and most insightful female pundits out there, and yet she comes to the same conclusions many of us here do: Trump's not the right man for the job, and it's not just the sexual stuff, although the sexual stuff doesn't help, either.

Then you have other people who have used their looks to advance their media careers—Tomi Lahren, Ann Coulter, Laura Ingraham—and many of them are on the Trump train.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 11:59:18 am by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #76 on: October 28, 2016, 12:26:56 pm »
Frank, she's no Donny supporter. She wrote in a name for president and voted Republican down ballot according to her posts. Women are rightfully angry over Trump's words and actions and don't want to hear it from others, particularly now. Driving off mostly like minded people doesn't help this site.

I didn't call anyone a Donny supporter. If you read the post I was responding to, @AllThatJazzZ was calling me a Donny supporter for posting a leg pic of SE Cupp.

Utterly absurd on all levels.

Silver Pines

« Reply #77 on: October 28, 2016, 01:10:37 pm »
@sneakypete

Yet these women DEMAND they be treated like men and paid like men.

The women Trump groped demanded that?  How do you know that?

When was the last time you heard about a man complaining because a woman grabbed his genitals? Don't laugh,it happens. I am guessing that MOST of the time the man is not only fine with it,but tells her something like "I'll give you 15 minutes to stop that!",but it's not always welcome. Yet we don't seem to get traumatized by it. There are LOTS of things that happen to you in life,and if they don't cause you any actual harm,you just ignore than and go about your business.

I don't know of any women who grab men's crotches, but if they do, it should't be done.  That said, because some rough broad somewhere does it, that makes it all right for men to grope private parts?  Is that what you're saying?  Because there are differences between the sexes, we all know that, and men are much more likely to grope than women.

Who's talking about being traumatized?  I'm saying no man should grope a woman's genitals.  Do you disagree?

Besides,I have a hard time believing some attractive women managed to get through high school and reach the age of 30 without having been groped. If high school girls can deal with it without being traumatized,a professional in  her 30's should be able to deal with it. Hell,I have known some women  that would have verbally put him in his place to the point where he would have been whimpering and begging for mercy before they were done with him.

This whole thing is based on nothing at all other than scoring political points.

Again, you're the only one claiming women are traumatized.  I've had my own experiences with a man who locked a supply room door and backed me into a corner.  I made clear to him exactly what would happen to parts of his anatomy if he didn't leave me alone.  He got the message and we had no problems getting along afterward.  But if he had touched my genitals, he'd have had blood running down his face, I'll guarantee you that.

Political points?  Bullcrap.  It started out being about the fact that Trump is unfit for the presidency, but it's turned into a sad mess with men on the right justifying and excusing his behavior.

Silver Pines

« Reply #78 on: October 28, 2016, 01:18:23 pm »
@Frank Cannon

Exactly where are GOP men disparaging Cupp? It ain't here so I assume you are talking about places like FR and Trumpbart. That is the official home of the Alt-Right where mental defectives like Milo Yiannopoulos celebrate rape as an evening of the tally after decades of men being Gloria Steinemed and Murphy Browned into emasculation.

I said "elsewhere online" in my post.  TOS, specifically.

Not really sure that is indicative of the GOP in general.....at least on the street level.

That kind of trash isn't widespread, but Republican men trying to justify Trump's actions is more so than I would have imagined.  I just got done typing a post in response to one.  And there's a reason conservative women are writing article after article, calling them out on it.  These are not whiny females; they're women rightfully saying, "What the hell is wrong with you?"

Wingnut

« Reply #79 on: October 28, 2016, 01:22:33 pm »
As a point of order. I don't think it right or kind that your alert was directly above the pic. The alert should have been at least five posts before the actual pic, or it does no good at all. I didn't even get a chance to close my eyes.

Yep...It was too late.....we was already incensed.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #80 on: October 28, 2016, 01:23:26 pm »
OK. I'm starting to understand now. I'm a newbie, so be patient while I catch up.

If S.E. had been an ordinary-looking woman, this thread would have:
1. Had some thoughtful replies on it, or
2. Dropped to the bottom with no replies.

Since S.E. is an attractive woman:
1. We don't discuss the content of her article.
2. We make sexual references about her (which really kinda makes her point), and
3. We defend the practice of posting those sexual references.

Perhaps.  On the other hand, do you think she wears that clothing and puts her legs up on the desk like that purely out of chance?  Because it was the first thing she happened to grab while getting dressed for work?  She is blatantly and deliberately using sex appeal to get attention from guys.  Because she is choosing to do that, I see absolutely zero wrong with men giving her the exact kind of attention she is purposefully inviting.  I see her, and the first --and really only -- thing I think is "nice legs".  We're freaking programmed to notice that stuff.

So I would say it is less about whether she is attractive/ordinary versus how she is choosing to market herself.  There are better looking women on TV -- Shannon Bream comes to mind -- who do get taken seriously and substantively because they don't purposefully trade off their looks to get viewership.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 01:34:28 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Silver Pines

« Reply #81 on: October 28, 2016, 01:24:19 pm »
@CatherineofAragon @Frank Cannon

I'd have a easier time believing her outrage were sincere if she didn't write for the NYT,and she had ever condemned Bubba Bill for his actions,or Bubbette! for running the Bimbo Eruption Squad and sending Craig Livingstone out to terrorize women Bubba raped.  We all know THAT ain't going to happen though,don't we?

@sneakypete

We do?  I don't.  I don't keep up with Cupp, but I'm pretty sure she wouldn't be okay with Clinton's behavior.  Besides, he isn't running now.

I don't have to agree with Cupp on everything to acknowledge that she's pretty much right on this, although I have no use for terms like "empowering."  But she essentially gets it.

I came from TOS, where everyone had to be in lockstep on every single point or you deserved to be strung up.  I can differ with people on political points while acknowledging we agree on others.

Silver Pines

« Reply #82 on: October 28, 2016, 01:26:55 pm »
@jmyrlefuller

Yeah,because we all know that if there is one thing attractive women are NOT attracted to  is is men with money.

@sneakypete

Not all of us. 

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #83 on: October 28, 2016, 01:29:55 pm »

That kind of trash isn't widespread, but Republican men trying to justify Trump's actions is more so than I would have imagined.  I just got done typing a post in response to one.  And there's a reason conservative women are writing article after article, calling them out on it.  These are not whiny females; they're women rightfully saying, "What the hell is wrong with you?"

I do not see a defense of Donny being a dirtbag a wide spread issue. At the few places this is being done, it's just not women being bashed. Prior to the sex tape being released, the Alt-Righters were going after men. Personally I have been called a "Cuck" or "Cuckservative" or a "NeoCon" by the knuckle dragging political class. As you can see they like to hit back at distention with gutter attacks because quite honestly they are a generally stupid lot of low level thinkers.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #84 on: October 28, 2016, 01:35:21 pm »
I am of the opinion that this is manufactured out rage on the part of both Megan Kelly and SE Cupp. Both got where they are on their looks, both had no problem objectivity themselves to advance their career. As best I can tell Trump, in a private conservation, bragged that since he is a "star" women allow him to touch them. Notice the "allow", I think the direct quote is "they let me do it". Not one creditable accusation of sexual harassment has yet to be made against Trump. I am reminded of Herman Cain.  A manufactured scandal and fake moral out rage. A world famous billionaire grouped someone twenty, thirty years ago and they just remembered it three weeks before the election?

The democrats are desperate to talk about anything but the issues this election. The democrats are on the wrong side of every issue important to the American people, every damn one. So Trump is sometimes boorish in private conservation with the guys, big deal. If he does one tenth of what he says he wants to do he will be a great president. One of the best and after Bush, Clinton, Clinton, Bush, Bush, Obama, Obama we really need a good president. We will not survive another globalist president (Clinton).

@jpsb

:amen: :amen: :amen:  EVERY word true! Wish I had been saying it that way.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #85 on: October 28, 2016, 01:35:28 pm »
I don't know of any women who grab men's crotches, but if they do, it should't be done.

@CatherineofAragon

It happens.  But because of the stigma attached to it...men are if I remember my stats correctly...90% LESS likely to report incidents of sexual harassment and/or sexual assault than women.

The numbers are low too for male on male and female on female incidents being reported.

The military has been dealing with that last problem since Obama repealed DADT.

But at the end of the day...you are 100% correct...it shouldn't be done.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #86 on: October 28, 2016, 01:36:04 pm »
@jpsb

:amen: :amen: :amen:  EVERY word true! Wish I had been saying it that way.

Misogynists of a feather....
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #87 on: October 28, 2016, 01:39:00 pm »
@DB

This whole election has me swearing off the GOP and Trump Democrats that invaded it. I cannot believe the Party that once touted family values think women should shut up and allow themselves to be groped and abused. I cannot believe the party that once defended the unborn now thinks it's okay for Trump to perform abortion in the oval office as long as he builds some mythical wall. I cannot believe that the party of Christian values now supports, excuses and celebrates any and all forms of perversion because the Orange One did them.

I do not want to be associated with such a party or with such people.

@geronl

The Republican Party is not and never has been "the party of Christian values". No such party can exist in a free nation because religions demand obedience,not free-thinking.

Silver Pines

« Reply #88 on: October 28, 2016, 01:46:50 pm »
@jpsb

I am of the opinion that this is manufactured out rage on the part of both Megan Kelly and SE Cupp

Of course; Saint Creamsicle can never do wrong.

Both got where they are on their looks, both had no problem objectivity themselves to advance their career.

Which has nothing to do with the fact that Trump is guilty of sexual assault.

As best I can tell Trump, in a private conservation, bragged that since he is a "star" women allow him to touch them. Notice the "allow", I think the direct quote is "they let me do it". Not one creditable accusation of sexual harassment has yet to be made against Trump. I am reminded of Herman Cain.  A manufactured scandal and fake moral out rage. A world famous billionaire grouped someone twenty, thirty years ago and they just remembered it three weeks before the election?

Have you ever heard of a single groper who asked permission before groping?  Trump admitted that he walked up to women and just kissed them,  so do you really think he said, "May I grab your crotch?" 

"They let me do it" = he gets away with it.

The democrats are desperate to talk about anything but the issues this election. The democrats are on the wrong side of every issue important to the American people, every damn one. So Trump is sometimes boorish in private conservation with the guys, big deal. If he does one tenth of what he says he wants to do he will be a great president. One of the best and after Bush, Clinton, Clinton, Bush, Bush, Obama, Obama we really need a good president. We will not survive another globalist president (Clinton).

If you wanted someone to talk about the issues, you shouldn't have nominated that inarticulate, ignorant, unprepared oaf. 

I've provided you with the following information before, but you'll ignore it because it doesn't fit with the qualities you've projected onto Trump. 

Trump only three years ago:

“We will have to leave borders behind and go for global unity when it comes to financial stability,” Trump wrote — 1,250 days ago.

“The future of Europe, as well as the United States, depends on a cohesive global economy.” Trump declared. “All of us must work toward together toward that very significant common goal.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/06/25/before-the-brexit-donald-trump-was-a-transnationalist-who-wanted-to-leave-borders-behind/#ixzz4OO4fCjAJ

What do you think about that, jpsb?  Will you comment on it?

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #89 on: October 28, 2016, 01:47:47 pm »
Misogynists of a feather....

Do you get the impression as I do that they don't have wives or girlfriends?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #90 on: October 28, 2016, 01:48:49 pm »

..Trump's not the right man for the job, and it's not just the sexual stuff, although the sexual stuff doesn't help, either.

@jmyrlefuller

Bubbette! isn't the right man for the job either,yet the options we have are her or Trump. Trump is just nuts,she is both nuts AND truly,truly evil. If the choice were between her and a resurrected Hitler or Stalin,it would be a tough choice to make.

The ONLY semi-bright star in this campaign is the FACT that Trump is a ego-maniac. IF he is elected his ego MIGHT just demand he do a good job in order to not go down in the history books as a loser. Bubbette! cares nothing about the history books because she will have one of her drones write the only ones that will be allowed to be printed.

In all of our recorded history we have never had a more evil candidate than Bubbette! Clinton. Her goal is nothing less than the total destruction of America,and to replace it with a leftist police state with her in charge.

Silver Pines

« Reply #91 on: October 28, 2016, 01:50:46 pm »
I do not see a defense of Donny being a dirtbag a wide spread issue. At the few places this is being done, it's just not women being bashed. Prior to the sex tape being released, the Alt-Righters were going after men. Personally I have been called a "" or "Cuckservative" or a "NeoCon" by the knuckle dragging political class. As you can see they like to hit back at distention with gutter attacks because quite honestly they are a generally stupid lot of low level thinkers.

@Frank Cannon

It's more widespread than you think.  Since the tape was released, I've posted to a few here who have tried to excuse it away.

Amanda Carpenter is the latest to write about it.  I'd post her article but it's behind the WP paywall.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #92 on: October 28, 2016, 01:50:54 pm »
Do you get the impression as I do that they don't have wives or girlfriends?

It's either that or they don't dare talk to them like they do to us here about this issue for fear of  22222frying pan

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #93 on: October 28, 2016, 01:57:40 pm »
@sneakypete

The women Trump groped demanded that?  How do you know that?

I don't know of any women who grab men's crotches, but if they do, it should't be done.  That said, because some rough broad somewhere does it, that makes it all right for men to grope private parts?  Is that what you're saying?  Because there are differences between the sexes, we all know that, and men are much more likely to grope than women.

Who's talking about being traumatized?  I'm saying no man should grope a woman's genitals.  Do you disagree?

Again, you're the only one claiming women are traumatized.  I've had my own experiences with a man who locked a supply room door and backed me into a corner.  I made clear to him exactly what would happen to parts of his anatomy if he didn't leave me alone.  He got the message and we had no problems getting along afterward.  But if he had touched my genitals, he'd have had blood running down his face, I'll guarantee you that.

Political points?  Bullcrap.  It started out being about the fact that Trump is unfit for the presidency, but it's turned into a sad mess with men on the right justifying and excusing his behavior.

@CatherineofAragon

>>The women Trump groped demanded that?  How do you know that?<<

How do you know he groped them? In FACT,where did the "them" come from? Last I heard only one has made that claim,it was over 20 years ago and she is just NOW making the claim.

>>Who's talking about being traumatized?  I'm saying no man should grope a woman's genitals.  Do you disagree?<<

In general,no,but there is no denying there are places and events where the only real reason any females are there is to be groped. They know that and they are highly paid to be there for that and similar purposes.

I am NOT making any claim that the woman who ALLEGES Trump groped her a couple of decades ago was there to be groped,but I AM making the claim that if she was that offended/traumatized,she should have made the claim at the time,not decades later when he is running for President and right before the elections

ANYBODY that isn't just a tad suspicious about the timing of her alleged outrage shouldn't be allowed to cross the streets by themselves. You are making yourselves tools of the Clinton campaign,and don't we ALL know there is no low they won't stoop to,no lie they won't tell,and no threats they won't make or actual violence they won't  commit in order to win? If you don't,you just  haven't been paying attention.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #94 on: October 28, 2016, 01:58:06 pm »
It's either that or they don't dare talk to them like they do to us here about this issue for fear of  22222frying pan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBIC8JTQMMQ

Oceander

« Reply #95 on: October 28, 2016, 02:01:43 pm »
Hate to say it, but this thread goes a long way toward proving the author's basic point. 

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #97 on: October 28, 2016, 02:09:59 pm »
Perhaps.  On the other hand, do you think she wears that clothing and puts her legs up on the desk like that purely out of chance?  Because it was the first thing she happened to grab while getting dressed for work?  She is blatantly and deliberately using sex appeal to get attention from guys.  Because she is choosing to do that, I see absolutely zero wrong with men giving her the exact kind of attention she is purposefully inviting. I see her, and the first --and really only -- thing I think is "nice legs"We're freaking programmed to notice that stuff.

@Maj. Bill Martin

BINGO! I am a man and I REFUSE to be intimidated into pretending to be some sort of "safe metero-sexual male" in order to please politicized females that expect PC to dominate natures demands.

This crap has gone WAAAAY too far into left field when alleged conservative women are bitching about men finding women in the public eye to be sexy because of the FACT that they dress sexy and look sexy. Next thing you know they will be demanding  American women wear Burkas so "those evil  men won't lust after all those women younger and hotter than we are."

Hey! While we are at it,why not demand the sun start rising in the west?

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #98 on: October 28, 2016, 02:14:21 pm »

This crap has gone WAAAAY too far into left field when alleged conservative women are bitching about men finding women in the public eye to be sexy because of the FACT that they dress sexy and look sexy.

It's one thing when you have a very attractive woman who dresses for work conservatively, yet still looks great/sexy because she can't help it.  Comments about someone like that are out of bounds.

It's an entirely different thing when someone like S.E. Cupp deliberately invites sexual attention by choosing to dress provocatively for work.  And I'm with you -- I'm not going to pretend to be some sort of neutered metro and pretend I don't notice, or refrain from making non-obscene comments about her looks.  If that offends someone, I view that as their problem, not mine, and deserving of being tweaked.

I should add that I think if Ms. Cupp knew that guys were making comments about her legs and looks, she wouldn't be offended.  She knows exactly what she's doing, and that is part of the reaction that she wants.  She putting on an act, to some extent, which is completely fine.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 02:18:00 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #99 on: October 28, 2016, 02:14:37 pm »
@sneakypete

We do?  I don't.  I don't keep up with Cupp, but I'm pretty sure she wouldn't be okay with Clinton's behavior.  Besides, he isn't running now.

I don't have to agree with Cupp on everything to acknowledge that she's pretty much right on this, although I have no use for terms like "empowering."  But she essentially gets it.

I came from TOS, where everyone had to be in lockstep on every single point or you deserved to be strung up.  I can differ with people on political points while acknowledging we agree on others.

If you don't keep up with Cupp,you know a  hell of a lot more about her than I do. I had never seen her or hear of her before this thread. She sure has some GREAT legs,though.

As for her being ok with being raped and threatened by Bubba,I am almost certain she would if he were still young enough to do that sort of thing. She works for the NYT,and they all march in lock-step with leftist global fascism. If she weren't a "fellow-traveler",she would have never been hired.

IF Trump weren't running for President and IF Bubbette! Clinton weren't who he was running against,we would have never heard a word about any of this. This crap is nothing more than manufactured outrage for political purposes.