State Chapters > Texas

Eminent domain meetings scheduled across Texas

<< < (2/5) > >>

Sanguine:

--- Quote from: mrpotatohead on October 27, 2016, 01:52:21 am ---Please add me to your Texas ping list if you would.

--- End quote ---

Done.

geronl:
Texas landowners have had problems with mineral rights, which are very often owned by someone other than the property owner, the holder of the mineral rights get the right to your land too, within reason. (like they drill for oil in the backyard)

AllThatJazzZ:

--- Quote from: Sanguine on October 26, 2016, 11:40:11 pm ---Ooops, link:  http://texasfarmbureau.org/eminent-domain-meetings-scheduled-across-texas/
@AbaraXas @corbe @TheMom @SquirrelCutter @IsailedawayfromFR @Night Hides Not @Ghost Bear @XenaLee @Elderberry @M1078 @sinkspur

I know I've managed to forget someone.  Please ping them here if you see a Texan I've overlooked.

--- End quote ---

Texan here. I think I'm safe, but I have family members from West Texas to East Texas, from North Texas to the Valley, as well as the Gulf Coast. They need this info.

Sanguine:

--- Quote from: AllThatJazzZ on October 27, 2016, 07:25:27 pm ---Texan here. I think I'm safe, but I have family members from West Texas to East Texas, from North Texas to the Valley, as well as the Gulf Coast. They need this info.

--- End quote ---

I've added you and @BuckeyeTexan to the list.

geronl:

--- Quote from: mrpotatohead on October 27, 2016, 07:16:31 pm ---It would have been a whole lot easier for the mineral rights to stay with the land....would have simplified things.  Now it takes us MONTHS to find all the mineral owners/heirs to lease some acreage.  Some can never be found and it has to go to court...that takes a year.

--- End quote ---

I'm not really sure why someone thought it'd be a good idea to make the mineral rights a separate thing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version