Author Topic: Rush: They're All Talking About Newt vs. Megyn  (Read 804 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rush: They're All Talking About Newt vs. Megyn
« on: October 26, 2016, 06:10:34 pm »
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2016/10/26/they_re_all_talking_about_newt_vs_megyn

They're All Talking About Newt vs. Megyn
October 26, 2016
Listen to it Button

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: All right, now, look, I know that everybody was -- I don't know if they still are, probably are, still talking about the exchange on the Fox News Channel last night between, in this corner Mr. Newt, the Newtster, Newt Gingrich, and over here Megyn Kelly of the GQ spread of some years ago and the first Trump debate question last year in Cleveland.  And it was fireworks.

You know what's amazing about this, among many other things.  You know, I'm a broadcaster, folks.  Broadcaster first, second, third, fourth, fifth, first and last I'm a broadcaster.  Whatever else I am comes the in the middle.  So I watch broadcasting as a business enterprise inasmuch as I watch it for content and so forth.  I saw something today that interests me.  It may not interest anybody else.  But I got in here at my usual time, sat down and began the routine to begin the concentrated portion of show prep time, which includes glancing at the TV monitors.

CNN did a full 20 minutes on this.  CNN had a roundtable discussion with videotape of their competitor, a competitor to whom they are losing big time.  They spent 20 minutes essentially promoting Megyn Kelly and Fox News right there on CNN.  There is no way even today would I ever even acknowledge competitors exist, much less give them a half hour on this program.  I don't care what happened on said competitor's program, I wouldn't do it.

But they did.  And I'm telling you, it is telling, the fact that they did it and had no problem doing it.  They decided that promoting and calling attention to what they greatly approved of, they thought it was great what happened on Fox last night.  CNN airs it and is begging people to leave CNN and go watch Fox now.  That's the upshot of this.  But they didn't care.  And the reason they didn't care is because they thought that Newt Gingrich got his head handed to him last night, and by extension they thought Donald Trump got his head handed to him by extension, and then they thought Rudy got his head handed to him by extension.

So they were more than happy to subordinate their own business instincts and desire to survive and win, they subordinated that to the objective here of creaming and destroying Trump.  I can remember a day, and it's not that long ago, when this wouldn't happen, and if it somebody had tried it, whoever runs CNN would have stormed into the control room and said, "What in the name of Sam Hill are you doing?"

Now, I know it's a different age, it's a different media era, and we all can conclude here that maybe everybody involved media-wise is on the same side now, pulling no punches, make no bones about it, particularly when the objective here is to take Trump out, to destroy Trump. It doesn't matter, the media is one rather than a series of different entities that are competing against each other. That's obviously the way they look at it.  But, you know, as an old hand at this, I'm 65, as somebody who's been doing this since I was 15 years old, I was blown away by it.

As I say, I'm an old schooler.  You don't acknowledge that anybody else does what you do.  I mean, you know they're there, but you certainly do not call attention to them, you don't praise them at your own expense.  But that's what CNN was doing.  You can draw your own conclusions from it.  I mean, to me, again, I'm not looking at it within the political realm here.  I'm looking at it strictly as a broadcaster and as a media professional and champion. I'm just telling you, it's odd.  And they've been doing it all day.  I mean, it's not just this one segment.  It was a 20-minute segment I happened to see. They've probably been doing it all morning and they're gonna continue to be doing it all day long because they think it was such a big win for them.

So we're gonna get to it later on in the program.  I'm not gonna lead off with it in terms of actually playing the sound bites.  If you haven't heard it by now, just hang in there, be tough, you will, we'll get to it.  There are other things that I want to get to.  Plus, I know both people involved here.  I know Megyn, I know Newt.  It makes it tough.  I've always said, it's easier when you do not know these people when it comes time to talk about what they're doing or analyze what happens.  It's much easier.  But I know them both, and so it's tough.  I will admit this, it's tough.

And, by the way, I have things about both of them that neither would like known, so I'm safe there.  (laughing) Well, I know them both!  But I'm not one of these bleeders.  You know, I don't tattle out of school.  I don't tell people, I don't give out little tidbits of information.  I am an upstanding guy and I respect confidences and so forth.

But I nevertheless must mention that it's tough when -- (interruption) it was pretty brutal?  Pretty brutal.  Yeah.  Yeah, it was.  I guess it was.  Let me just ask you off the top of your head, that segment last night, you watched it, obviously, thumbs up or thumbs down, net positive, net negative for Trump?  Net negative for Trump, you think that was a negative for Trump?  Did not help Trump last night.  Without exception here, folks, every email I got starting last night -- I didn't see it.  I didn't have the TV on.  I was watching the World Series.  That's how bored I was.  Just kidding.  Just kidding.  I was working.  I didn't have the TV on.

So I started getting notes from my friends.  It's fascinating when you get a note and people tell you something you haven't seen. They create expectations, and what I thought I was gonna see was Newt Gingrich mopping the floor with Megyn Kelly.  Everybody that sent me a note said (shouting), "Oh, my God! This is so great! Newt just took her down. Oh, my God! Oh, my God! It's great! It's about time something like this happened. You should see it. You should see it. Newt just cleaned up."  So I'm expecting that when I watch this, and that's not what I saw.

From the standpoint thumbs up or thumbs down for Trump, that's not what I saw.  But here I said (chuckles) I wasn't gonna get into it and I'm into it. I'm not gonna play the audio sound bites.  There are other things I want to get to first. (interruption) Okay, you want to do it now?  I want to do it later.  I've got other things I want to do. (interruption) Everybody else is doing that.  What more...? (interruption)  I mean, I could play it. Everybody else has played it now, what more could I add other than the stuff I know about both of them that I'm not gonna tell you? (interruption)

It is possibly true that it's not real until I comment on it.  Absolutely. (sigh) Well, anyway.  It... Look, it's also unfair to start. You know, you look at these things after they've happened. It's easy to sit here from afar and say, "What Newt should have done there... What Newt should have done," or, "What Megyn should have done there, what she should have done..." I don't like to play that game.  It's why I left TV.  I couldn't handle everybody telling me what I should have done after they watched me on TV.  I said, "You're not even watching what I think I'm doing, so I'm out."

END TRANSCRIPT
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34