Author Topic: Dems forced to pull attack ad over completely false information  (Read 905 times)

rangerrebew

Dems forced to pull attack ad over completely false information
October 25, 2016 | BPR Wire | Print Article   

SHARE849 TWEET6 PIN0 PLUS0 EMAIL

DC NEWSBy Juliegrace Brufke, DCNF

The Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee was forced to pull an ad attacking GOP Pennsylvania Sen. Pat Toomey Monday for containing blatantly false information after a cease and desist letter was sent to television stations across the state Friday.

The ad alleged Toomey owned a bank that was guilty of predatory lending practices. The claim turned out to be inherently false, with Toomey just holding stock in the establishment.

Read more: http://www.bizpacreview.com/2016/10/25/dems-forced-pull-attack-ad-completely-false-information-404403#ixzz4OCOukOL9

Offline mountaineer

Re: Dems forced to pull attack ad over completely false information
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2016, 02:43:03 pm »
The negative ads against Toomey have been ridiculous (I see them on Pittsburgh TV stations). His opponent truly is corrupt (big surprise), and all she has to offer is lies about Toomey.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2016, 03:08:04 pm »
The negative ads against Toomey have been ridiculous (I see them on Pittsburgh TV stations). His opponent truly is corrupt (big surprise), and all she has to offer is lies about Toomey.

Same here.  I am so sick of the mudslinging.  McGinty portrays Toomey as the big corporation, evil banks, Wall Street guy, while she is the working class girl, one of 9 children of a police officer and waitress/hostess.  Thing is, McGinty hadn't had to get her hands dirty in a long time.  She neglects to mention that thanks to government jobs and executive positions with a few corporations, McGinty isn't working class and couldn't care less about the struggles of the average American.

It's a shame this Senate race is so close.  Toomey isn't 100% conservative -- he h as tried to push through "common sense gun control" -- but overall, he's a far better choice than McGinty, the typical feminist Democrat hack. 
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 09:42:16 pm by Applewood »

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2016, 03:17:02 pm »

But I'm sure the add has already run.  Good luck getting that toothpaste back in the tube.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2016, 03:20:57 pm »
  Thing is, McGinty hadn't had to get her hands dirty in a long time.  She neglects to mention that thanks to government jobs and executive positions with a few corporations,

Oh, she had dirty hands in those positions!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Applewood

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2016, 07:51:50 pm »

But I'm sure the add has already run.  Good luck getting that toothpaste back in the tube.

Yes, it has run.  And actually, this is the second ad that had to be pulled or modified.  An earlier ad said McGinty was the first in her family to go to college.  She  wasn't. 

You're right about putting the toothpaste back into the tube.  Campaign ads still influence voters.  Some like my elderly aunt don't have internet, so they have no way of knowing whether claims made in these ads are true or false.  Then there are the stupid and lazy, who have internet, but won't spend the time and effort to really research the candidates and know who they are voting for. 

Offline rodamala

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2016, 09:10:03 pm »
I refuse to vote for faux conservative Pat Toomey.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2016, 11:11:02 pm »
I refuse to vote for faux conservative Pat Toomey.
Wow, compared to Hillary clone McGinty?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org