Author Topic: Trump warns of World War III if Clinton is elected  (Read 1505 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Trump warns of World War III if Clinton is elected
« on: October 26, 2016, 09:16:42 am »
Trump warns of World War III if Clinton is elected

By Jeremy Diamond, CNN
Updated 10:55 PM ET, Tue October 25, 2016

(CNN)Donald Trump warned in an interview Tuesday that Hillary Clinton's policies as president to address the Syrian conflict would lead to World War III, arguing the Democratic nominee would draw the US into armed confrontation with Russia, Syria and Iran.

"What we should do is focus on ISIS. We should not be focusing on Syria," Trump told Reuters on Tuesday morning at his resort in Doral, Florida. "You're going to end up in World War III over Syria if we listen to Hillary Clinton."

The Republican nominee, who has called for a rapprochement with Russia in order to jointly combat ISIS, argued that his Democratic rival's calls for taking a more aggressive posture in Syria to bring the conflict there to an end and combat ISIS will only draw the US into a larger war. Trump's remarks come as he trails Clinton in most national and key battleground state polls just two weeks from Election Day.

Read More At: http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/25/politics/donald-trump-hillary-clinton-world-war-iii-syria/index.html

Online DB

Re: Trump warns of World War III if Clinton is elected
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2016, 09:46:14 am »
So now it will be WWIII if we don't vote for Trump eh?

That statement alone out of Trump's mouth disqualifies him from the office he seeks.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2016, 10:40:20 am »
So now it will be WWIII if we don't vote for Trump eh?

That statement alone out of Trump's mouth disqualifies him from the office he seeks.

I'm leaning more towards SMOD all the time.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Oceander

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2016, 10:42:42 am »

:thumbsup:

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2016, 11:18:44 am »
That is something the left used to say about Reagan
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2016, 11:25:58 am »
The DT cabal desperately trying  to give early voters a reason not to vote dem.

All this bluster about upcoming bombshells is more of the same.   They see the early vote going to Hillary and this is their only option.  Bluster, lie, and threaten lawsuits.

geronl

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2016, 11:43:32 am »
Trump won't fight our enemy, he'd capitulate in a heartbeat and say he made the best deal

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2016, 12:03:52 pm »
He's been reading DCBryan1's fiction.

(HT Freepermadness)
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

geronl

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2016, 12:07:28 pm »
The DT cabal desperately trying  to give early voters a reason not to vote dem.

All this bluster about upcoming bombshells is more of the same.   They see the early vote going to Hillary and this is their only option.  Bluster, lie, and threaten lawsuits.

I read that GOP has a 1% "advantage" in early ballots, but we all know that several % of those will probably be for write-in and third party or votes where the Presidential race is left blank.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2016, 12:18:42 pm »

SMOD has my vote, alas.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2016, 12:37:19 pm »
Well, the Clintons already got us close once with the Russians and Chinese over Kosovo.  Their policies are terrible and their choices of people like Cohen, Clark, and "Slam Dunk" Tenet are worse.  They have a tendency to use retreads, so nothing would change under Hillary.  That said, Trump's constant overuse of superlatives describing himself have made people numb to his hyperbole.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2016, 01:08:58 pm »
That is something the left used to say about Reagan

I won't retell in its entirety (hell, it's only interesting to me, of course...lol) of how I advocated for Reagan in 1980. My German neighbors were convinced Reagan would start WWIII, I recall my landlord's MIL ("Oma") pleading with me to vote for Carter, she was so convinced of that.

I surprised myself, pulling together my knowledge of history (military, American, world) to drive my points home, in German. O/T, but thanks to dfwgator for alerting me to Duolingo.com. Just a couple of days on the site, and my German's coming back.

Today, I'd be sitting in a dark corner at the local gasthaus, doing my best to stay out of any conversation. I would deflect by asking why there are no historical markers to identify the location of the Duke of Marlborough's victory in 1704 in Trarbach (as part of the Battle of Blenheim campaign/War of the Spanish Succession).

I lived in Traben-Trarbach four years (I still think of it as my second home), and never saw any commemoration of the battle, though I'm not surprised. The Mosel valley has been under the influence of ancient Rome, France, and Germany for the past 2000 years.

I could spend a year there researching its historical sites, and not scratch the surface. I relive many good times by reading a travelogue of the Rhine and Mosel that my parents found at a flea market 50 years ago, it was published in the 1880s. Still in good shape, and it demonstrates that very little has changed over nearly 140 years.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2016, 01:32:31 pm »
Voted absentee and left the presidential choice blank.   Voted republican down ticket. 

Offline chae

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2016, 01:43:15 pm »
Dude, seriously?
Trump has alienated most of our allies.  Japan, South Korea, former Eastern Bloc countries in Europe...Although considering how he treats women, I'm sure the Islamists in the Middle East like him just fine.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2016, 01:43:24 pm »
Voted absentee and left the presidential choice blank.   Voted republican down ticket.

Some would say your vote is proof positive that you are for Hillary.   :thud:
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.