Author Topic: 'Not Wanted': Black Applicants Rejected for Trump Housing Speak Out  (Read 879 times)

cuky

'Not Wanted': Black Applicants Rejected for Trump Housing Speak Out

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/not-wanted-black-applicants-rejected-trump-housing-speak-out-n671966

It wasn't just a gut feeling. After Fortt was turned away from the Queens apartment building twice, the New York City Human Rights Commission sent a white person to the property to apply for an apartment — and the tester was offered the apartment, according to court papers.

The commission took on Fortt's case, and she says a young Donald Trump appeared with a lawyer at a hearing on behalf of the family real estate company, Trump Management.

Her case also became part of a federal racial discrimination lawsuit filed by the Justice Department against Donald and Fred Trump that was resolved with a consent decree two years later in which they agreed to terms aimed at preventing discrimination.

Brown's application was taken by rental agent Stanley Leibowitz, who said there's no doubt Brown didn't get the apartment because she's black — and no doubt that Donald Trump, then just 17, knew that.

"Mr. Trump and his son Donald came into the office. I asked what I should do with this application because she's calling constantly and his response to me was, 'You know I don't rent to the N-word. Put it in a drawer and forget about it,'" Leibowitz, 89, told NBC News.

"Donald Trump was right alongside his father when I was instructed to do that."

Fortt, now 72, has kept the papers from her case for more than 40 years but said she would not have spoken up about her experience if Donald Trump hadn't brushed off the allegations that resurfaced during his presidential run.

"I think it's important that history not be erased," she said.

Former Trump rental agent describes racist policy THE RACHEL MADDOW 10/25/16

www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRBv51GrJOU

Yes this is from the lib Rachel Maddow.

But the person interviewed is trump rental agent Stanley Leibowitz and there was a federal lawsuit on the issue involving....... :pondering: :pondering: trump

geronl

Re: 'Not Wanted': Black Applicants Rejected for Trump Housing Speak Out
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2016, 04:23:30 am »
the settlement was the first time Trump made the front page of the NY Times (below the fold)

Offline corbe

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2016, 04:32:39 am »
   16 days ago, on the 9th the Media teased us about film cuttings on the Apprentice Editors floor.

Many here have teased that the Racial card would be pulled on him by the DNC before the Election, possibly because they wore out the sex card already, but I doubt it. 

The only thing they have left is Live Boys, right.

kinda reminds me of an ol LBJ tale where he spread a false rumor about his opponent, he joyously laughed later, "I got the SOB to deny on record he didn't have sex with farm animals' or some such.

Donnie has very little credibility to defend himself in all this, he's on TAPE!
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2016, 05:23:49 am »
This doesn't surprise me. Trump's defense of "settled with no admission of guilt" is telling. I'd be surprised if anyone truly believed they didn't exercise racism in the renting of their apartments. When has Trump ever done something because it was the right thing to do? He only does things that benefit him. It doesn't matter who reported this story. I believe it.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2016, 05:53:42 am »
This ought to worsen Trump's black support...and by "worsen" I mean "make better."