Author Topic: Megyn Kelly Newt Gingrich FULL Interview Trump Polls , Fight Over Sexual Predator - 10/25/16  (Read 10975 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
On that we are in agreement.

Totally !!  We coulda had a V-8... and we coulda had a Ted Cruz.  Sad, ain't it?
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline sinkspur

You're absolutely correct, and I'm wrong.

After all, NeverTrumpers have such a sterling track record; as in, you guys have been dead wrong about everything Trump, starting with predictions that he would never be the nominee. In fact you NeverTrumpers were predicting every month since the day he declared that his candidacy was over, that he would deliberately drop out of the race and hand the victory to Hillary by design. Pretty sterling record...on being dead wrong. You guys have been goofy at every turn.

Except now, when it really matters.  We told you the media would destroy Trump, we told you there was stuff in his background that would come out, we told you that he wouldn't be able to resist sabotaging his own campaign.

It's all happening.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Totally !!  We coulda had a V-8... and we coulda had a Ted Cruz.  Sad, ain't it?

I missed out by a couple years being old enough to get to vote for Reagan.  This year is my children's first chance to vote in a Presidential election and I was looking forward to casing a vote with them for the first real Conservative to run for the GOP since Ronaldus Magnus.

I told them vote their conscience.  From things they've said they are going to leave the presidential pick blank.  Which is probably the best option this year.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline aligncare

They read michael Moore thoughts on the election on the radio this morning, the guy sounded like he was ready to go out and vote trump. I thought I was hallucinating. But he said basically the same thing. Trump has s a vector for the nations malcontents to register their unhappiness with the political process in the country. I believe that, barring any other really bad tapes of trump out there, his poll numbers will trend towards where they were prior to pussygate.

Michael Moore gave Donald Trump a full throated endorsement on a 2-3 minute video. It's on YouTube. It's one of the pieces of evidence that tells me Donald Trump will win this election with millions of unlikely first time voters carrying him over the finish line.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Except now, when it really matters.  We told you the media would destroy Trump, we told you there was stuff in his background that would come out, we told you that he wouldn't be able to resist sabotaging his own campaign.

It's all happening.

QFT
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

It's all happening.

To be fair the MSM/DNC would have done the same to any GOP candidate. They managed to demonize poor Mitt, supposedly one of the nicest man you will ever meet. Unfortunately Trump has a lot in his past that gave them plenty of ammo to attack.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I wouldn't say that, as she's rough on many fuests.

But she did flat-out lie and misrepresent what Trump said.

Even though I don't like Trump at all, that's just dishonest and wrong.

I agree...and I believe she intentionally set Newt up.

To me Megyn is unwatchable, she is so in the tank for Hillary.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I agree...and I believe she intentionally set Newt up.

To me Megyn is unwatchable, she is so in the tank for Hillary.

IIRC her contract is up sometime this year...she's angling for a spot either on one of the Big Three or a prime time spot at CNN.  Seems to be where the former female anchors on Fox end up.  I expect Shemp to follow her there.

Offline bilo

She sure handed Newt his ass. 

Will any Trump symp come out of this campaign with a better reputation than before they went in?  Doubtful.  Newt and Rudy are parodies.

Did you type "dirty talk with Howard Stern" and "objectifying" with a straight face?  LOL!!!

Trump is as big a sexual predator as Clinton.  How many women did he grope who won't come forward? 

This interview will do wonders to improve Trump's standing with women.

One of the things that "bugs" me about not supporting Trump is the lengths to which nevertrumpers will go to claim any Trump supporter was wrong and looked like a fool.

Gingrich absolutely destroyed Kelly. He exposed her as a hillary supporter, a tool of the establishment and a hypocrite. The final nail in her coffin was when she wouldn't call Bill clinton a sexual predator.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

We remember Speaker Gingrich in 2012 when he slapped down the questioner in the moderated primary debate in Georgia. It was a salacious question meant to damage the Speaker. However, Gingrich brilliantly pointed out the biased questioning with a few choice words, and we all cheered.

Now that Speaker Gingrich is supporting our America First republican nominee, the NeverTrump/Hillary-for-president contingent here throws him under the bus and instead cheers the biased questioner.  I refer specifically to stinkspur.

We're not blind. We see what you NeverTrumpers are doing.

Jeez, I hate lining up with trump supporters, but on this you are right.

It's too bad that Trump supporters can't see how they were manipulated by Fox News during the primaries. The candidates that could beat hillary were largely ignored and Fox was all in for Trump 24/7. In the general that coverage has shifted to "growing concerns" about Trump's flaws, none of which they warned primary voters about before.

Offline aligncare

One of the things that "bugs" me about not supporting Trump is the lengths to which nevertrumpers will go to claim any Trump supporter was wrong and looked like a fool.

Gingrich absolutely destroyed Kelly. He exposed her as a hillary supporter, a tool of the establishment and a hypocrite. The final nail in her coffin was when she wouldn't call Bill clinton a sexual predator.

In their emotionally altered universe, NeverTrumpers have thrown every single lifetime, solid conservative supporter of the REPUBLICAN NOMINEE under the ....  under the bus888

For their part, it's an astounding alteration of reality.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 06:24:50 pm by aligncare »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
In their emotionally altered universe, NeverTrumpers have thrown every single lifetime, solid conservative supporter of the REPUBLICAN NOMINEE under the ....  under the bus888

It's an astounding alteration of reality.

Do you ever get tired of projecting what you've done onto others?  Or is it what you have to do in order to sleep at night?

Offline bilo

You don't think she's pissed off when she mentions his "anger issues" at the end?

Look, I'm not saying that Newt didn't get angry.  But he's the interviewee, and is supposed to be partisan.  It's her job as the interviewer not to get emotionally involved in the subject matter, which she very clearly did.  At least in my opinion.  If his goal was to show that she has taken "a side" (and I think that was his primary goal), I think he succeeded.  If he comes across as angry, I don't think he much cares.

Good points.

Also, his anger was well justified by her bias and initial claim that Trump is a sexual predator, which he got her to retract and qualify with the word "if".  Her refusal to call bill clinton a proven sexual predator proved Gingrich was correct about her bias and establishment support.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
Gingrich made that point when he talked about the amount of time she spent on Wikileaks content vs the Trump charges.

He was addressing the huge disparity in the amount of time the networks spent on the two stories. On that he has a point. But he can't paint all the media with the same brush. There are media outlets -- or at least individual journalists -- that are balanced in their coverage. IMHO, the tougher the better. My exception would be if the interviewer didn't allow the interviewee the opportunity to answer questions. Otherwise, I like tough interviews.

Newt wet his pants in this interview. I just saw Betsy McCaughey on CNN and thought she was going to hyperventilate. She stuttered and said wacky things (the brother of a white woman might be black) to justify why a white woman was holding a "Blacks for Trump" sign.

Both Gingrich and McCaughey are smart people, yet they look out of control when trying to defend the loser who is the Republican POTUS nominee. I honestly don't believe the Republican party can rebuild after this. So many have chosen to take a hit to their integrity for the sake of supporting Trump. They'll never be seen in the same light again.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline ExFreeper

• USAF 1975-87
Most of us reading TBR are uncomfortable with Trump's background and campaign strategy, and any support is lukewarm at best.  However in my view, Kelly made a fool of herself in the Pence interview preceding the Newt blowup.  She was disrespectful to the VP nominee.  Listen to her questions and watch her facial expressions.  It was like she was just itching for a fight!  As one would expect, Newt was not having any of condescending attitude and gave her more that she bargained for.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8OzPqf2e3g
"A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself." - Milton Friedman

geronl

Only us prudish Ned Flanders types care any more. Everyone else is voting Trump.

Offline biff

One thing a lot of people do not realize is when a guy has billions of dollars as well as a reputation of a womanizer he does not need to chase women and impose on them rudely. They literally come out of the woodwork, all either wanting their chance at fame or fortune. Most see lots and lots of dollars, gifts, jewelry, cash, trips, fancy jets and more, all for the chance to notch their belt so to speak.

I for one do not believe Trump is guilty of all these instances. He may have gotten "signals" from some of these gals, maybe denying them their chances at fame. I for one hope he does sue the snot outta these women and put them on the stand under oath as some of their stories will change when the risk of lying under oath rises.

I just hope our representative republic can survive either 4 yrs. of this meglomaniac or 4 years of absolutely the worst woman in history.

Offline skeeter

Only us prudish Ned Flanders types care any more. Everyone else is voting Trump.

Well he was fatherly & sensitive, but no one ever called him prudish.

geronl

One thing a lot of people do not realize is when a guy has billions of dollars as well as a reputation of a womanizer he does not need to chase women and impose on them rudely.

but he does and he admitted it. he is a very insular person with no personal friends too.

Offline FS7

Mark Levin just led off his show trashing Megyn Kelly. As somebody who's not particularly a fan of Trump, Kelly, or Gingrich, I will say that it seemed pretty obvious that Gingrich lost his mind and came off looking pretty agitated and uncollected.

Why is it that everybody who is otherwise a "conservative" seemingly has to sacrifice all intellectual honesty once they jump on board the Trump bandwagon? I listened to a woman on Beck's show this morning and, like them, felt as if I must have been watching an entirely different interview. I simply don't get it.

My life is getting awful quiet without any intellectual radio. I used to treasure my time in the woodshop with evening talk but there's nothing left that doesn't make me want to throw things.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I thought Megyn was unbearable..

Agreed.  I've never been able to watch her. 

Two unbearable people arguing with each other.

I should have added: it's unbelievable how the media is avoiding saying anything about Clinton. 
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 11:01:31 pm by Sanguine »

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I listened to a woman on Beck's show this morning and, like them, felt as if I must have been watching an entirely different interview. I simply don't get it.

It all depends what you think the purpose/focus of the interview was.   If you think the focus of the interview was Trump's own behavior, you probably think Kelly came off well.  If you think it was media bias, you'd think Gingrich won.  Kelly and Gingrich themselves were viewing it from opposite perspectives, which is why it was a trainwreck.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
She sure handed Newt his ass. 

I don't think so!  I think Newt gave as much as he got and I STILL can't stand HRC or DJT! Won't vote fore either of them and I'm sick of stupid voters allowing the media to pick our candidates for us as well.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
It is really a travesty that the American public is stuck with two miserable candidates for the highest office in the land.

A crook and a creep.

On that I completely agree but we likely disagree on how we got them!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline FS7

It all depends what you think the purpose/focus of the interview was.   If you think the focus of the interview was Trump's own behavior, you probably think Kelly came off well.  If you think it was media bias, you'd think Gingrich won.  Kelly and Gingrich themselves were viewing it from opposite perspectives, which is why it was a trainwreck.

I agree it was a trainwreck, but I don't agree as to why. Gingrich immediately tried to stifle the line of questioning and when the failed, he got angry and tried to deflect. That too failed and he started coming unglued.

Bringing up Bill Clinton makes no sense to me for multiple reasons. One, the exact same lines of attack used by leftists to defend Clinton and smear his accusers are being used now by Trump supporters. Two, Bill Clinton isn't running for office. We know he's a shitbag. He was impeached because of it. This isn't news. What would be news would be a story where Hillary enabled his behavior or something along those lines. I'm not saying she hasn't (and she has certainly attacked his accusers on her own), but Bill's actions have only minimal relevance in this regard. I don't think bringing up Bill helps Trump at all.

Of course, in my ideal world we wouldn't even be having this discussion as Cruz would be up 10 and Rubio would be up 20. Instead we're stuck with this, and I am not putting myself in the position of defending somebody accused of such things.