Author Topic: Megyn Kelly Newt Gingrich FULL Interview Trump Polls , Fight Over Sexual Predator - 10/25/16  (Read 10978 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Its really too bad someone like Cruz didn't get the nomination.

On that we are in agreement.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I liked Newt last go round, enough to phone bank for him. Still respect his knowledge and his brain - there are few sharper practical Repubs out there.

He did get his ass handed to him, neatly sliced and wrapped, this interview.

It's really interesting how differently people see that interview.  I thought he very clearly got under her skin -- she obviously grew more angry as the interview went on.  She made two somewhat contradictory statements: 1) the massive time disparity is justified if Trump is a sexual predator, while conceding Newt's point that  2) we don't know if he is a sexual predator.  Well, if you don't know it, then the time disparity it not justified.

As much as Trump deserved to be hammered as a consequence of that first Fox-moderated primary debate, I also think Kelly has diminished herself by making a "Womyn's Crusade" the most important thing in this election.  I thought Newt's observation was generally correct, though he'd have been better off phrasing it as "gender issues" rather than "sex".  For Kelly and some other women, it at least seems that this election has morphed into venting about pent-up gender frustrations, which seems somewhat irrational to me given that who is elected likely isn't going to affect any of those underlying issues one tiny bit.  Kelly, at least, seems pretty obsessed by that, to the point where the "Womyn's Crusade" is not only the most important issue in the election, but actually more important than every other issue combined.

As a matter of politics, that may even be correct.  Pissed-off women likely will decide this election in Hillary's favor.  Though I think Newt is correct in pointing out that assigning such primacy to those issues shouldn't be the route for rational people.  And no, I'm not saying that means people should vote for Trump.  I'm simply saying that not voting for him solely on that basis seems rather messed up.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 04:27:16 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Idiot

Agree. I thought Gingrich gave a good defense. Kelly looked like she had an agenda.
I thought Newt handled himself quite well.  Kelly came across as a b@tch.  Fox news needs to can her.

Offline sinkspur

I thought Newt handled himself quite well.  Kelly came across as a b@tch.  Fox news needs to can her.

She came across as someone laying out a careful case against Trump.  Newt's the one who flew off the handle, just as his boss does.

Kelly's a brilliant interviewer and won't be going anywhere.   Her counterpart, Hannity, is a dolt who couldn't get a job outside a far right media.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

It's really interesting how differently people see that interview.  I thought he very clearly got under her skin -- she obviously grew more angry as the interview went on. She made two somewhat contradictory statements: 1) the massive time disparity is justified if Trump is a sexual predator, while conceding Newt's point that  2) we don't know if he is a sexual predator.  Well, if you don't know it, then the time disparity it not justified.

As much as Trump deserved to be hammered as a consequence of that first Fox-moderated primary debate, I also think Kelly has diminished herself by making a "Womyn's Crusade" the most important thing in this election.  I thought Newt's observation was generally correct, though he'd have been better off phrasing it as "gender issues" rather than "sex".  For Kelly and some other women, it at least seems that this election has morphed into venting about pent-up gender frustrations, which seems somewhat irrational to me given that who is elected likely isn't going to affect any of those underlying issues one tiny bit.  Kelly, at least, seems pretty obsessed by that, to the point where the "Womyn's Crusade" is not only the most important issue in the election, but actually more important than every other issue combined.

As a matter of politics, that may even be correct.  Pissed-off women likely will decide this election in Hillary's favor.  Though I think Newt is correct in pointing out that assigning such primacy to those issues shouldn't be the route for rational people.  And no, I'm not saying that means people shouldn't vote for Trump.  I'm simply saying that not voting for him solely on that basis seems rather messed up.

Wow.  I watched that interview three times and it is crystal clear that Newt was the one who lost his cool.  She responded very methodically to him and he responded emotionally.  Worst interview he's ever done, outside the one 20 years ago where he was bellyaching about having to sit in the back of a plane.

Offline Idiot

She came across as someone laying out a careful case against Trump.  Newt's the one who flew off the handle, just as his boss does.

Kelly's a brilliant interviewer and won't be going anywhere.   Her counterpart, Hannity, is a dolt who couldn't get a job outside a far right media.
I totally disagree.....your hate for Trump is showing.   8888forgot

Offline sinkspur

I totally disagree.....your hate for Trump is showing.   8888forgot

Who got angry?  Newt.  It was obvious.

Yes, I don't like Trump.  But anyone who thought Newt came out on the better end of that interview (hell, he's still tweeting about it this morning) is showing his own confirmation bias.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

Who got angry?  Newt.  It was obvious.

Yes, I don't like Trump.  But anyone who thought Newt came out on the better end of that interview (hell, he's still tweeting about it this morning) is showing his own confirmation bias.

You don't think she's pissed off when she mentions his "anger issues" at the end?

Look, I'm not saying that Newt didn't get angry.  But he's the interviewee, and is supposed to be partisan.  It's her job as the interviewer not to get emotionally involved in the subject matter, which she very clearly did.  At least in my opinion.  If his goal was to show that she has taken "a side" (and I think that was his primary goal), I think he succeeded.  If he comes across as angry, I don't think he much cares.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 04:30:35 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline sinkspur

You don't think she's pissed off when she mentions his "anger issues" at the end?

Look, I'm not saying that Newt didn't get angry.  But he's the interviewee, and is supposed to be partisan.  It's her job as the interviewer not to get emotionally involved in the subject matter, which she very clearly did.  At least in my opinion.  If his goal was to show that she has taken "a side" (and I think that was his primary goal), I think he succeeded.  If he comes across as angry, I don't think he much cares.

Maybe.  But she didn't come across as angry.  Newt lost his cool.   Do you think any non-Trump supporter watching that interview came away with a better feeling about Trump?

I don't.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

Maybe.  But she didn't come across as angry.  Newt lost his cool.   Do you think any non-Trump supporter watching that interview came away with a better feeling about Trump?

I don't.

Maybe that's why we see this differently. 

I don't think the Newt's purpose in doing that interview was to make anyone watching it feel better about Trump.  I think his goal in doing that interview was to make Kelly (and others in the media) look bad.  If Newt himself looks bad in the process, I don't think he cared.  He wanted to illustrate/emphasize media bias, and I think he accomplished that goal.  Too much attention is being paid to the sexual stuff, and not enough to the substantive issues.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 04:40:15 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline sinkspur

Maybe that's why we see this differently. 

I don't think the Newt's purpose in doing that interview was to make anyone watching it feel better about Trump.  I think his goal in doing that interview was to make Kelly (and others in the media) look bad.  If Newt himself looks bad in the process, I don't think he cared.  He wanted to illustrate/emphasize media bias, and I think he accomplished that goal.  Too much attention is being paid to the sexual stuff, and not enough to the substantive issues.

Newt looked bad, Trump looked bad. I don't know why you think making the media look bad will help Trump.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

Newt looked bad, Trump looked bad. I don't know why you think making the media look bad will help Trump.

I don't think anything Gingrich, etc., can do would make Trump look better.  I think it is possible for surrogates like that make the media look worse by suggesting it is too heavily biased towards Hilary, and that makes her look worse.

Also, I do think there are some voters -- I'm one myself -- for whom the feeling that it is the media and Establishment deciding our elections is deeply disturbing.  It was actually the ganging up on Trump, and (to me) downplaying of Hillary's foibles that moved me from NeverTrump to NeverHillary.  The message Gingrich was trying to send was that "the fix is in", and hoping that has some appeal.  I  think it probably does.  Not enough to actually win the race on its own, but about the most you can ask/expect a surrogate to be able to do on behalf of a candidate.

In other words, Gingrich is making an appeal to the "vote for Trump just to stick it to them" crowd.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

Yes Newt looked bad and trump looked bad. Kelly looked like most people.....fed up with the trump supporters on TV and the attempts to defend the pervert by bringing up examples
of other misdeeds by Bill.

Newt is not trying to appeal to people who have already decided how much they hate Trump and will not vote for him.  There's no point in it.  He's trying to appeal to people who are undecided/persuadable by pointing out to them how biased the media narrative is.

If you judge newt by the metric of "he didn't do anything to convince me that Trump isn't a scumbag who doesn't deserve my vote", then you're not whom Newt was targeting anyway.  So in terms of what I think Newt was aiming to do, and who he was trying to reach, I thought he did well as possible in the face of a journalist who is so openly opposed to a particular candidate.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
I don't think anything Gingrich, etc., can do would make Trump look better.  I think it is possible for surrogates like that make the media look worse by suggesting it is too heavily biased towards Hilary, and that makes her look worse.

Also, I do think there are some voters -- I'm one myself -- for whom the feeling that it is the media and Establishment deciding our elections is deeply disturbing.  It was actually the ganging up on Trump, and (to me) downplaying of Hillary's foibles that moved me from NeverTrump to NeverHillary.  The message Gingrich was trying to send was that "the fix is in", and hoping that has some appeal.  I  think it probably does.  Not enough to actually win the race on its own, but about the most you can ask/expect a surrogate to be able to do on behalf of a candidate.

In other words, Gingrich is making an appeal to the "vote for Trump just to stick it to them" crowd.

They read michael Moore thoughts on the election on the radio this morning, the guy sounded like he was ready to go out and vote trump. I thought I was hallucinating. But he said basically the same thing. Trump has s a vector for the nations malcontents to register their unhappiness with the political process in the country. I believe that, barring any other really bad tapes of trump out there, his poll numbers will trend towards where they were prior to pussygate.

Offline Rivergirl

The trump surrogates are adulterers personified.  Every one of them lied and cheated their spouses.
newtie is the last person on earth to have a shred of believability on the matter of the way women are treated.  Not by him, not by roody, not by limbo, and not by the candidate himself.

Offline skeeter

Newt is not trying to appeal to people who have already decided how much they hate Trump and will not vote for him.  There's no point in it.  He's trying to appeal to people who are undecided/persuadable by pointing out to them how biased the media narrative is.

If you judge newt by the metric of "he didn't do anything to convince me that Trump isn't a scumbag who doesn't deserve my vote", then you're not whom Newt was targeting anyway.  So in terms of what I think Newt was aiming to do, and who he was trying to reach, I thought he did well as possible in the face of a journalist who is so openly opposed to a particular candidate.

Along those lines I heard a report from a non-Brietbartish source (can't remember exactly who but it was mainstream) that Trump currently has about 44% of the likely independent vote now, while Clinton has something in the 30's.

Dunno how significant this voter block is now but I was kinda surprised to hear this.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
The trump surrogates are adulterers personified.  Every one of them lied and cheated their spouses.
newtie is the last person on earth to have a shred of believability on the matter of the way women are treated.  Not by him, not by roody, not by limbo, and not by the candidate himself.

It takes two to tango.   men are not the only adulterers on this planet.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

Well, if you fall into the category of people for whom whether a candidate cheated on their spouse is the most important issue in an election, Newt isn't trying to get you to vote for Trump anyway.  Trump's own record in that regard would make his surrogate's irrelevant anyway.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 05:28:28 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline aligncare

Its really too bad someone like Cruz didn't get the nomination.

What makes you think that Ted Cruz would have escaped the same fate as Donald Trump?

Cruz had his own issues that Hillary media operatives would have turned into media gold. Born outside United States of an immigrant father, for starters. And if not that, they would've just made up crap to smear him with...it's what they do to Republicans. In my opinion Ted Cruz would've been toast two months ago, with the polls showing Hillary +75 points....

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
What makes you think that Ted Cruz would have escaped the same fate as Donald Trump?

Cruz had his own issues that Hillary media operatives would have turned into media gold. Born outside United States of an immigrant father, for starters. And if not that, they would've just made up crap to smear him with...it's what they do to Republicans. In my opinion Ted Cruz would've been toast two months ago, with the polls showing Hillary +75 points....

Only the Alt Right crazies think Cruz wouldn't have wiped the floor with Hillary.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline libertybele

I read the interview and watched the first 5 minutes; where Kelly immediately tried to contradict his statement about the GOP may win PA.  Right away she tried to put him on the defensive. Secondly, Gingrich is correct ... where is the media coverage on Wikileaks revelations on Clinton.  Instead the MSM and FOX have focused on Trump and his sexual misconduct. Kelly is the one who got fired up; Gingrich was defending his point that the media is biased. Being a female, I certainly understand the concern of electing a sexual deviant, however, where is the focus on Hillary's sexual deviant husband and where is the coverage on her numerous scandals?   

IMHO Kelly continues to show her bias against Trump.  Anger issues?  Kelly is the one with anger issues.  She came across as a complete BIT**.

I do believe that the reality is Trump is behind in the polls and there is nothing that's going to boost his numbers.  We all knew he was the most likely to lose to Clinton. Unfortunately the Trumpsters wouldn't listen.  Not only are they going to be responsible for losing to Hillary but they will also be responsible for losing the Senate.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

Once again, the courts ruled that he was eligible to be president and his name was on the ballot in all 50 states.  Trump's attacks on Cruz will put Hillary in the White House AND will also hand the DEMS the Senate!  Way to go Trumpsters!!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Suppressed

Speaker Gingrich exposed Megyn Kelly as a Clinton supporter.

I wouldn't say that, as she's rough on many fuests.

But she did flat-out lie and misrepresent what Trump said.

Even though I don't like Trump at all, that's just dishonest and wrong.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline aligncare

Only the Alt Right crazies think Cruz wouldn't have wiped the floor with Hillary.

You're absolutely correct, and I'm wrong.

After all, NeverTrumpers have such a sterling track record; as in, you guys have been dead wrong about everything Trump, starting with predictions that he would never be the nominee. In fact you NeverTrumpers were predicting every month since the day he declared that his candidacy was over, that he would deliberately drop out of the race and hand the victory to Hillary by design. Pretty sterling record...on being dead wrong. You guys have been goofy at every turn.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 05:42:03 pm by aligncare »

HAPPY2BME

Newt Gingrich dares Megyn Kelly: 'Say Bill Clinton, sexual predator'
By Anna Giaritelli (@anna_giaritelli) • 10/25/16 10:46 PM

"If Trump is a sexual predator," Kelly asked Gingrich, referring to the 11 women who have come forward with claims he sexually harassed or assaulted them.

"He's not a sexual predator," Gingrich shot back. "You cannot defend that statement. I'm sick and tired of people like you using language that's inflammatory that's not true."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DerxSQzQHwU

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/article/2605587/