Author Topic: Clinton: Health care costs would 'skyrocket' under Trump  (Read 1111 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Clinton: Health care costs would 'skyrocket' under Trump
« on: October 25, 2016, 09:47:28 pm »

Clinton: Health care costs would 'skyrocket' under Trump

By Brent Griffiths

10/25/16 05:07 PM EDT

Hillary Clinton on Tuesday conceded that many Americans are seeing their premiums go up under Obamacare. But the Democratic nominee cautioned against scrapping the Affordable Care Act, and said health care costs would "skyrocket" under a President Trump.

"We are going to make changes to fix problems like that, the president and I have talked about it," Clinton said during an interview on Miami's Hot 105 radio station. "Look this is a major step forward, 20 million people, actually I'm sure you know this, predominately working people, African-American, Latino people now have access to insurance, but the costs have gone up to too much."

Clinton vowed that her administration would get co-pays and premiums down, but that Donald Trump's plan to repeal the health-care law would only make things worse.

"If you think costs have gone up with the recent weeks, it will just skyrocket as the insurance companies will be in charge again," she said.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/hillary-clinton-obamacare-costs-trump-230305
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Clinton: Health care costs would 'skyrocket' under Trump
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2016, 09:48:35 pm »
 :laughingdog:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2016, 09:59:49 pm »
This qualifies as a defense of Obamacare?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2016, 10:01:41 pm »
I sincerely hope I see no 'amens' for this ridiculous claim from anyone on this board.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2016, 10:03:25 pm »
I sincerely hope I see no 'amens' for this ridiculous claim from anyone on this board.

It is a ridiculous claim. 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline r9etb

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2016, 10:04:42 pm »

Well, she's probably right that they'll skyrocket under Trump.  Of course, they'll also skyrocket under her, for much the same reasons.

The problem (part of it) is that the government is meddling in medical costs in the first place; both candidates are saying they'll continue the trend.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2016, 10:05:04 pm »
She is still under the belief that the problems with our health care system require a government fix. The difference between a conservative and liberal is the conservative gave up believing in the tooth fairy after Elementary School
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline r9etb

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2016, 10:09:26 pm »
The difference between a conservative and liberal is the conservative gave up believing in the tooth fairy after Elementary School

Wait ... what?  No tooth fairy?  Damn!  Well, there goes the old retirement plan.  I was going to stop brushing my teeth at age 64 and live off the money from the teeth I leave under my pillow.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2016, 10:09:35 pm »
She is so full of poo.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline beandog

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2016, 10:23:48 pm »
"If you think costs have gone up with the recent weeks, it will just skyrocket as the insurance companies will be in charge again," she said.

Health insurance companies are still in charge.  That's why you see massive increases in prices and other insurance companies dropping out. 

Offline skeeter

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2016, 10:29:01 pm »
Well, she's probably right that they'll skyrocket under Trump.  Of course, they'll also skyrocket under her, for much the same reasons.

The problem (part of it) is that the government is meddling in medical costs in the first place; both candidates are saying they'll continue the trend.

This is another one of those issues where Trump is indeed talking the talk lately.

Of course he's not trustworthy. But, again, I'm forced to select from a dishonest liberal who now sounds like a conservative and an angry marxist who sounds and always has sounded like a statist progressive.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2016, 10:30:30 pm »
She's wrong. Trump said a few months ago that his plan calls for "the government (to) pay for it." (Well, perhaps she's right, since costs would indeed probably spike just as they have for education.)

But don't try telling the Trump caucus that...
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 10:31:21 pm by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2016, 10:38:32 pm »
IF he were able to truly break down the barriers and have interstate competition, prices would drop precipitously.   The dirty secret is, however, many in Congress secured sweetheart deals for their in-state providers. It sunk Landrieu, but didn't seem to affect  Schumer.  Until you route people like that out  completely, it'll be impossible to change.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

HonestJohn

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2016, 10:52:14 pm »
She is so full of poo.

That's before her morning cup of coffee...

:tongue2:

Offline r9etb

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2016, 11:04:32 pm »
This is another one of those issues where Trump is indeed talking the talk lately.

Of course he's not trustworthy. But, again, I'm forced to select from a dishonest liberal who now sounds like a conservative and an angry marxist who sounds and always has sounded like a statist progressive.

"Lately" being the operative word.  It's yet another issue on which he's adjusted his position to suit political needs...

Offline musiclady

« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2016, 11:09:22 pm »
She is so full of poo.

Couldn't have said it better myself!  :beer:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.