Author Topic: Supergirl Promotes ‘Alien Amnesty,’ Slams ‘America’s Xenophobic Right’  (Read 1355 times)

rangerrebew

Supergirl Promotes ‘Alien Amnesty,’ Slams ‘America’s Xenophobic Right’
By Lindsay Kornick | October 25, 2016 | 12:18 AM EDT
Share it
Tweet it
shares

When it was announced that former Wonder Woman Lynda Carter was playing President Olivia Marsdin on season two of Supergirl, I expected not-so-subtle references to a certain not-so-subtle (or honest) presidential candidate Hillary Clinton - and I wasn't disappointed. Not only did she arrive wearing the world’s warmest summer coat like Clinton, this female president also spouted much of the same insane and dangerous rhetoric in the episode “Welcome to Earth.”

If you thought giving amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants in America was crazy, try giving amnesty to ANY alien that shows up on Earth. That’s right. According to the president’s Alien Amnesty Act of 2016, all aliens will be “granted the full rights and privileges of American citizens.” Though the show doesn’t emphasize aliens that land in China, Great Britain, Egypt, or literally any other country but the United States, I guess it includes them as well.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/culture/lindsay-kornick/2016/10/25/supergirl-promotes-alien-amnesty-slams-americas-xenophobic
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 01:41:29 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I tried watching that show once or twice. I could barely get past the first minute. It's cringe-worthy.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Supergirl Promotes ‘Alien Amnesty,’ Slams ‘America’s Xenophobic Right’
By Lindsay Kornick | October 25, 2016 | 12:18 AM EDT
Share it
Tweet it
shares

When it was announced that former Wonder Woman Lynda Carter was playing President Olivia Marsdin on season two of Supergirl, I expected not-so-subtle references to a certain not-so-subtle (or honest) presidential candidate Hillary Clinton - and I wasn't disappointed. Not only did she arrive wearing the world’s warmest summer coat like Clinton, this female president also spouted much of the same insane and dangerous rhetoric in the episode “Welcome to Earth.”

If you thought giving amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants in America was crazy, try giving amnesty to ANY alien that shows up on Earth. That’s right. According to the president’s Alien Amnesty Act of 2016, all aliens will be “granted the full rights and privileges of American citizens.” Though the show doesn’t emphasize aliens that land in China, Great Britain, Egypt, or literally any other country but the United States, I guess it includes them as well.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/culture/lindsay-kornick/2016/10/25/supergirl-promotes-alien-amnesty-slams-americas-xenophobic

These liberal shows are unbelievable. My wife watches a bunch on ABC that are unfunny and obnoxious.

Offline Frank Cannon

Did someone say Lynda Carter?

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
Yeahbut, the episode also revealed that ....

Wait, how does one blank out a spoiler on this forum?  I don't want to go posting spoilers...   

:huh?:
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 03:45:01 pm by Ghost Bear »
Let it burn.

HonestJohn

So, hypothetically speaking (as this is a TV show), we're not supposed to grant citizenship to aliens should they arrive?

I mean, it's not like we have embassies on their (hypothetical) home worlds for them to file immigration paperwork...

Are we now, seriously, going to start literal xenophobia?

Geez.

Offline dfwgator

"They come in Peace."

(Stupid Hippies)

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
Yeahbut, the episode also revealed that ....

Wait, how does one blank out a spoiler on this forum?  I don't want to go posting spoilers...   

:huh?:

I don't mind, I'll spoil it for folks. :)  The president was shown in the last moment of the show to be an alien (this was a secret that wasn't revealed to the other characters on the show, only to the viewers).  That kind of mitigated the leftist cant for immediate citizenship for all aliens, showing it to have possibly been a secretive power grab.  Add to that that when supergirl wrote her extremely biased leftist hit piece against a businesswoman, her editor spiked it and forced her to rewrite it objectively.  So the show wasn't nearly so uniformly leftist as, oh, "Madam Secretary," which is just an hour-long campaign add for Hillary, every Sunday.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline Ghost Bear

I don't mind, I'll spoil it for folks. :)  The president was shown in the last moment of the show to be an alien (this was a secret that wasn't revealed to the other characters on the show, only to the viewers).  That kind of mitigated the leftist cant for immediate citizenship for all aliens, showing it to have possibly been a secretive power grab.  Add to that that when supergirl wrote her extremely biased leftist hit piece against a businesswoman, her editor spiked it and forced her to rewrite it objectively.  So the show wasn't nearly so uniformly leftist as, oh, "Madam Secretary," which is just an hour-long campaign add for Hillary, every Sunday.

EEEK! SPOILERS!   *bouche*

OK, since we're doing spoilers... they also introduced M'gann M'orzz, aka Miss Martian!

... and I'm probably the only person on this board that watches the show and cares enough about that to give a fanboy squee.   :shrug:
Let it burn.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
EEEK! SPOILERS!   *bouche*

OK, since we're doing spoilers... they also introduced M'gann M'orzz, aka Miss Martian!

... and I'm probably the only person on this board that watches the show and cares enough about that to give a fanboy squee.   :shrug:

I wish I cared enough about this show to spoil it for you every week.

Offline Ghost Bear

I wish I cared enough about this show to spoil it for you every week.

That would be kind of a-hole-ish.
Let it burn.