Author Topic: That time a Michigan mom proved the GOP lost its soul  (Read 722 times)

Offline corbe

That time a Michigan mom proved the GOP lost its soul
« on: October 24, 2016, 09:56:44 pm »

That time a Michigan mom proved the GOP lost its soul

By: Steve Deace | October 24, 2016

GOP activist Wendy Day, left, talks with Nick McGuire of Milan, Mich., right. | Robin Buckson | AP Photo

Long will we reflect upon the wretched hive of scum and villainy at the top of the Trump Cult. It has anointed sellouts, sycophants, and race-baiters to the status of Republican Party elite, while casting its faithful and principled grassroots into the abyss.

Too harsh? Not in Michigan, where that state’s actual grassroots vice chair was removed from office earlier this month for daring not to bow down to Trump-Nebuchadnezzar’s chocolate bunny. That’s right, the same GOP, which vows to protect rights of conscience in its platform has no room within itself for the rights of conscience.
Hypocrisy much? Nah, just another day that ends in “y” in what is sadly no longer the party of Lincoln and Reagan.

Wendy Day, a 44-year-old mother of four and military wife, was shunned for the high crime of appearing on television to talk about the importance of not falling for the siren song that is Donald Trump, a.k.a., one of Hillary Clinton's long-time donors and a serial reprobate. When your party has a dishonest dweeb like Reince Priebus for a chairman but has no more room at the inn for an all-American patriot wife/mother like Wendy Day, your party doesn’t deserve to live.

Michigan’s mini-Reince, Matt Hall, led the purge. He’s a state committee member of the Michigan GOP and appears to have a moral compass that generally points East of Eden, saying with forked tongue that purging the likes of Day “builds more trust and confidence from the electorate.”

Something tells me the electorate is not likely to see it Hall’s way in a couple of weeks.

Here are Day’s “scandalous” beliefs about this election:

I am not a fan of either. I think that most Americans are kinda feeling like I am, that neither one is fit for office. We probably need an all-male staff in the White House, because between Bill Donald (and there documented peccadilloes) there's a lot of potential for trouble. My conscience is not comfortable with either one of them … looking my children in the eye and saying yes, I believe one of them would be a good president — I can't do it.

In other words, Day shares the same reservations regarding 2016 polls show a majority of Americans also have. But a political party bound to lose the popular vote for the sixth time in the last seven elections clearly doesn’t care what the majority of Americans think. They only care about what they think.

Because as I’ve been saying for years, the people running the Republican Party would rather lose elections than lose control. And when you allow people to think for themselves or have contrarian thoughts – you know, what we used to call “freedom” around these parts – hacks like Hall risk losing control.

Perhaps, and stick with me now, maybe, just maybe “big tent” doesn’t mean what the GOP frontmen have told us it means these many years. Properly translated, maybe it really means: “This tent isn’t big enough for the both of us.”

One of our Founding Fathers, John Adams, so believed in the freedom he was fighting for, he represented the Red Coats accused of the Boston Massacre – putting principle before politics. For what is the point of trading one tyrant 1,000 miles away for 1,000 tyrants one mile away? Today’s cultish and cronyist Republican Party is a long way from conserving anything that even remotely looks like that which men like Adams pledged their lives, fortunes, and sacred honors for.

Still, it must be said that as a private entity, the Michigan GOP is entitled to be represented as it sees fit. So naturally, Michigan Republican Party Chair Ronna Romney McDaniel should have a chance to defend herself. Prepare to be unimpressed.

<..snip..>

MORE

https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2016/10/that-time-a-michigan-mom-proved-the-gop-lost-its-soul
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: That time a Michigan mom proved the GOP lost its soul
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2016, 10:02:51 pm »
It really has become a personality cult. I just did a quick search to see if this happened under Bush, McCain, or Romney's run and I can just find one similar case. David Catania, a gay Republican activist in 2004 made waves when he said he wouldn't support Bush.

However, he quit, he was not fired.

At that, the DC RNC Chairman offered to certify Catania's delegate status even though he didn't support Bush, citing he was free to support his conscience.

My how times have changed.

geronl

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2016, 10:05:44 pm »
It was at the state level where grass-roots conservatives were taking hold and Trump has pushed that back, the establishment must love Trump

Offline musiclady

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2016, 10:11:14 pm »
It really has become a personality cult. I just did a quick search to see if this happened under Bush, McCain, or Romney's run and I can just find one similar case. David Catania, a gay Republican activist in 2004 made waves when he said he wouldn't support Bush.

However, he quit, he was not fired.

At that, the DC RNC Chairman offered to certify Catania's delegate status even though he didn't support Bush, citing he was free to support his conscience.

My how times have changed.

I was just reflecting on the year 2000 and the Dems "October Surprise" when it came out that George W. had gotten a DWI at the age of 19, and had been stopped for driving too slowly.

It practically cost him the election because it reflected poorly on his integrity.

Fast forward to 2016 when the "Republican" nominee is revealed to be a groper of multiple women, has bragged about serial adultery, has paid for the abortion/murder of his own children, has made multiple insane comments, and has lied serially, if not pathologically.

And there is a segment of the "Republican" hierarchy and populace who just doesn't give a rip....

No big deal.  We're not electing a pastor, they say.

There is no integrity left in the national Republican party.

And because of that, it's doomed.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.